MAC Soft Wave (Brunette Blonde Redhead)

on 4/19/2009 1:25:00 PM

Love this gloss!

On me, this a pinky-bronze that has a slight golden sheen to it. It has little tiny bits of reflective blue, pink, and silvery shimmer in it that give a really nice effect (not tacky at all).

It is really gorgeous on and has a wow factor. It is sticky, but it sure lasts a long time on my lips. Does not dry out my lips, feels nice on (minus the times my hair sticks to it), and has a nice shine to it.

I already ordered another one, as it is limited editon (wish it wasn't), and this is such a great color that I don't want to run out.

You really have to see this on to appreciate how nice it really looks.

For reference: NW15, blue eyes, med brown hair.

on 4/10/2009 2:04:00 AM

This color is simply gorgeous. It has a bit of tiny specs of blue reflects in it and it's a peachy/nude color. This goes great with MAC's What a Do! or Cherish. If you can still find it at your local Mac Counter, i suggest you grab it. I think you can still find it online as well.

It is a frosty/icy/beige color, so pretty... I really like it alone or with the What a Do lipstick. Definetely my favorite lipglass from this collection. I am kind of picky at getting lipglasses, as i have so many and they last a long time. But this one I had to have.

on 2/1/2009 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

So glad I bought this lipglass! I didn't even see it in person and ordered it online. It's the perfect icy beige color on me (NC25). It's so beautiful with a smokey eye look. Get this now! I plan on stocking up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Wow -- I am pleasantly surprised by this color. I didn't think it would match my olive skintone because I can see a slight silver tint but this looks really good on and pops nicely. It's a nice peach/bronze metal but not so silvery. I'm sad this is a limited edition but I may consider ordering a few more and pray they dont spoil before I get to use them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I agree with the reviewer below the second of me. Similar to First Bloom but Soft Wave has more pinky shimmer in it. Also, my First Bloom lipglasses have also lost their vanilla scent and smells a bit rancid, but supposely not every gloss they make ends up having a scent(?). Gorgeous when paired with What a Do! and I'd imagine it'd be good with gingerroot lipliner. However, if you are not a frost lipstick person like me, this paired with What a Do! sets the whole look off. It's too bad this is LE product, I think I found a HG lipglass.

on 1/17/2009 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This color is gorgeous! Very pretty, shimmery, nude, bronzey color. Too bad it's LE --- go out and get this gloss!! Would look wonderful on any skintone!!

on 1/17/2009 5:23:00 PM

This is totally not what I was expecting, but in a good way. The swatches that I saw made this color look much more golden bronze than it is. This gloss is almost identical to First Bloom (LE) lipglass. I loved First Bloom but it went bad fast and smelled horrible (?). Soft Wave is a great shimmery nude with a nice glow on my NC35 skin. It goes on smooth and isn't nearly as sticky as some lipglasses. I'm kind of sad that this is LE.

on 1/11/2009 5:37:00 PM

One of the tinted lipglasses from the Brunette part of the BBR collection. WOW! My new HG. This is a tan bronze color with subtle shimmer. Everything you can want in a lipgloss...when applied, it gives that sexy chrome-like but not frosty finish. Not really sticky like some of the lipglasses can be! bought a backup!!

Recommended for Medium Skin