October 25, 2014 | 1593 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - AC/DC Eyeshadow

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite colors from Urban Decay! Even though it's slightly glittery, I can still wear it as a liner or crease color everyday.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by bedazzeledberet

AC/DC is a very beautiful purple with a reflective effect of blue/purple (blurple) but can be patchy on the eye. I would usually use this as a crease or outer third colour in a smokey eye, as all over the eye would be too over whelming. It has a little bit of subtle shimmer but it is hard to see on the eyes. I would use UDPP under this so it wouldn't be as patchy as it sometimes is. Please swatch in the shop.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by ohsolovely24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this! Not just the color, but texture of the shadow is perfect too. It is easy to apply and blend. It's not too shimmery, but not flat either. It gives somewhat of a sheen finish. I have a lot of purple eyeshadows but nothing is quite like AC/DC. I'm asian NC37 with dark brown eyes and this really compliments me. I love to wear it at night for a sexy smokey look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great Color! A medium purple w/ a hint of steel gray...I have brown eyes and it looks so pretty on. Nicely pigmented. Lasts all day w/ UDPP.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Such an amazing colour. I have a million purple eyeshadows, and not one dupe even similar to this one. It's a medium-tone slightly greyish purple with shimmer. Very pretty shade and great texture.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by lazypile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this shadow! It's a really grey/silvery purple. It could even be described as a purple-ish grey. :P It looks really good with Crash 24/7 eyeliner, and if you have it (or want to buy it online since it's discontinued), Heavy Metal glitter eyeliner in Headbanger.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 5:08:00 AM More reviews by Furtheris4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the deep eggplant color of this shadow. I actually got it in the BOS2. I love wearing it with a lighter purple color or a pink color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 9:55:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

Urban Decay AC/DC is a gorgeous deep smokey eggplant purple. The pigmentation is intense and the color itself is stunning! I love wearing this with Twisted or Pallor. Also works equally well as a liner. I really hate that UD discontinued this beauty! This is one of my all time favorite Urban Decay shadows!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2005 6:31:00 PM More reviews by incompletekatie

It's a shame they don't still make this awesome eyeshaodw. It's a gorgous dark puprle, almost black. It's like metropolitan but darker and less pink. It has silver glitter. It's great to use as a liner with stalker or last call on the the lid and metroploitan in the crease. I would especially reconmend this eyeshadow if like me you have green eyes. This as a liner makes my eyes pop!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2004 11:01:00 AM More reviews by supko

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I could have tried this at the store, but it's discontinued, sadly, and might only be available through Ebay and swapping. I ordered mine via Ebay.

I have the AC/DC in the old, screw-top packaging. In the pan, the eyeshadow looks to be deepest, eggplant purple with a medium-high dense amount of silver microglitter. On my eyelids, though, this is a matte blackened muted deep purple with a smattering of falling silver glitter.
When I test the eyeshadow on my hand, a close viewing reveals that the eyeshadow is mildly shimmery (violet with hints of pink shimmer), but this IMO does not show up on on lids, even when you use AC/DC wet.

I would try to use this color over a more shimmery base, or in conjunction with warmer burgundy toned color like Metropolitan or Last Call to bring out the purple tones and to add dimension. continued >>