Urban Decay AC/DC

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/9/2015 12:22:00 PM

Based on some of the previous reviews, UD d/c'd AC/DC, but then must have brought it back. I am also a little confused at some of the descriptions - eggplant? Almost black? Glitter? Hmm. In the pan and on me, this is a muted medium shade silvery purple. I am getting to the age where too bright shadows just look too young on me, but I still like to wear color, and shadows with shimmer, fine lines be damned! This shadow delivers.

It's not too dark, kind of smokey, but still ok for daytime. I put a neutral or pale shimmer on my lids and then use this to line all around my eye, with a little extra on the outer lids. Looks beautiful on brown eyes. Love it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is one of my favorite colors from Urban Decay! Even though it's slightly glittery, I can still wear it as a liner or crease color everyday.

AC/DC is a very beautiful purple with a reflective effect of blue/purple (blurple) but can be patchy on the eye. I would usually use this as a crease or outer third colour in a smokey eye, as all over the eye would be too over whelming. It has a little bit of subtle shimmer but it is hard to see on the eyes. I would use UDPP under this so it wouldn't be as patchy as it sometimes is. Please swatch in the shop.

on 10/20/2010 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this! Not just the color, but texture of the shadow is perfect too. It is easy to apply and blend. It's not too shimmery, but not flat either. It gives somewhat of a sheen finish. I have a lot of purple eyeshadows but nothing is quite like AC/DC. I'm asian NC37 with dark brown eyes and this really compliments me. I love to wear it at night for a sexy smokey look.

on 9/13/2010 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great Color! A medium purple w/ a hint of steel gray...I have brown eyes and it looks so pretty on. Nicely pigmented. Lasts all day w/ UDPP.

on 5/13/2010 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Such an amazing colour. I have a million purple eyeshadows, and not one dupe even similar to this one. It's a medium-tone slightly greyish purple with shimmer. Very pretty shade and great texture.

on 1/31/2010 9:56:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I really like this shadow! It's a really grey/silvery purple. It could even be described as a purple-ish grey. :P It looks really good with Crash 24/7 eyeliner, and if you have it (or want to buy it online since it's discontinued), Heavy Metal glitter eyeliner in Headbanger.

I love the deep eggplant color of this shadow. I actually got it in the BOS2. I love wearing it with a lighter purple color or a pink color.

on 4/18/2009 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Urban Decay AC/DC is a gorgeous deep smokey eggplant purple. The pigmentation is intense and the color itself is stunning! I love wearing this with Twisted or Pallor. Also works equally well as a liner. I really hate that UD discontinued this beauty! This is one of my all time favorite Urban Decay shadows!!

It's a shame they don't still make this awesome eyeshaodw. It's a gorgous dark puprle, almost black. It's like metropolitan but darker and less pink. It has silver glitter. It's great to use as a liner with stalker or last call on the the lid and metroploitan in the crease. I would especially reconmend this eyeshadow if like me you have green eyes. This as a liner makes my eyes pop!

Top Rated Urban Decay Products