September 2, 2014 | 1912 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Studio Line Eye Primer & Liner Sealer

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

The eye primer is a pretty decent one, but of course there are much better ones that I would recommend you going with, especially if you have oily eyelids like I do.. It of course is more like using concealer to keep your eye makeup in place, however, when it comes to using it during warm/hot weather conditions it doesn't provide consistent results. This may be largely due to it having mineral oil listed high on its ingredient listing. And, the liner part, i have not even tried yet, and am not sure if I exactly ever will.

For me this is not a must have, so I don't plan on re-purchading it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

This was an ok product. I like the liner side but a wet liner brush or angle brush works the same for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I like the liner sealer, I'm really not impressed with the eye primer. It creased on me. I've heard some say that if it creases to try using less, but the problem with doing that is that it isn't enough to give you that 'stick' I guess I'll call it for lack of a better word, where it makes your shadow really go on more vibrant & stay put well, & either way whether I use a little or alot it would still crease. But being a girl on a budget, I try to find ways to make things work even if they are only a few dollars, so what I actually have ended up using it for is sort of as a lip primer. Like if I'm going for that very pale, opaque nude look what I've done is I'll apply the primer to my lips, then apply a nude gloss over it.

The liner sealer works well, I've never tried it as far as trying to extend the wear of my eyeliner, but more as a mixing medium, Like I'll mix it with pigments & eyeshadows to make eyeliners, & for that it works well. Alot better than mixing it with water or glycerin/water combos. But, being that Elf sells a liner sealer/mixing medium by itself, I don't see myself buying this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by MasksOffMasksOn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Sealer is really strong and amazing! I do have better primers, this one will keep the shadows in place for no more than 7 hours- which is not enough for me...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by troo12

The primer side is very thick but not horribly. I don't use eyeshadow so I can't provide any experience with that. I do like, however, how well the primer evens out my lid color. I am fair skinned and some blue veins are visible but these covers them very well!.
The sealer side took some time learning. I tried mixing it with eyeshadow but I got tired of having to re-dip the brush into the eyeshadow every few millimeters on my lids. It may be my laziness so please form your own opinion. :) I found it was great to use with ELF's cream eyeliner. I know it sounds weird using this liquid with a cream... but I found the cream smeared on my outer eye creases. When I applied it with this "sealer", it thinned the liner out enough that it stayed on without smearing!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The primer end is ok. It gives a decent base for eyeshadow. The sealer end, at first, I didn't think I would use. Then I bought some cheap eyeshadow because I loved the colors but they would wear off easy. If you apply the sealer to your eye lid , then put on the cheap (powder) eye shadow, it stays all day. So overall this was worth the $3 I paid for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by cdoles

The primer end- looks a lot like a concealer stick, and it's best to either use your finger or a doe foot applicator to apply it to the eyelid. It seemed a bit thick, so warming it up a little helps to get an even coat, and a little goes a long way. I was worried it wouldn't give a good color payoff, but I compared it alongside my UD primer and it was as good, if not a little better with some colors. Staying power was good, lasted all day with no color loss. I even tried a chunky glitter UD shadow with it, and had little to no fallout.

The sealer end- as many have already said, this isn't to apply over your liner to seal it! It's to use with an eyeshadow to create a liner. With some colors, I found I had to apply a few coats to get the desired shade, and with others I found one coat was enough. Once on, it doesn't budge. I love that I can have any color eyeliner now, without having to buy a bunch of eyeliners! The only downside is the liner applicator, which is rather stiff, and looks like over time it will lose its shape. It was very easy to clean off though. Maybe an actual brush would do better.

Overall, for $3.00, it's a good buy for people on a budget, someone just starting out with makeup, or even to use between having to wait and save up for a higher end primer, like UD.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2014 11:59:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I only use the primer because the liner sealer does not work for me. The primer is good enough, but still doesn't compare to eyelid primers like Urban Decay. I wish they only made the primer stick because I feel like the other half is such a waste. Also, I use eye makeup almost every day and I have been using this every day for the past few months haven't even hit the bottom yet! A little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by sufferingfromvertigo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this for the liner, so I can't rate the primer aspect (because I use the Fergie primer at walgreens and feel no need to try anything else). I wanted a sparkly silver liner for New Year's Eve, so I bought this and a cheap NYC silver loose eyeshadow thing. I dipped the liner in, and it created a bright, sparkly silver eyeliner that was exactly what I wanted! It stayed on well, and didn't migrate or have any fallout. Therefore, I would recommend this to make a liner out of any shadows you might have.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Lynnnguyen

I bought this for the line sealer. Overall this product isn't good