December 21, 2014 | 953 users online

Hair - Hask - Pure Shine Polishing Serum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Gita1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Agree with all the other reviews. I have had this bottle for years!! It lasts forever and is dirt cheap and does exactly what it is supposed to do and it smells great. There is no need to spend much for a basic silicone serum and this one has great ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by elmizzou

I had recently resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to have to use a straightener every day on my hair to smooth the cuticle. But I used this product for the first time this morning, and my hair looks amazing. I usually struggle with a round brush, ending up with weird kinks rather than curls. After rubbing a dime-size amount between my hands and distributing on damp hair, the round brush glided through my hair easily, making a lovely, smooth curl. I have a long on-foot commute through wind tunnels each day, and this product kept my hair shiny and straight through it all. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 3:15:00 AM More reviews by VampyDoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amazing product...makes hair totally smooth and beautiful. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by hoperizing

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't write reviews often but I had a feeling this product was getting overlooked due the the fact that it's not one of the well-known producers out there like Garnier Fructis, Loreal, Chi, BioSilk, Bumble and Bumble, Bed Head, Paul Mitchell, well, you get my point. They spend a lot of money on marketing, commercials and hence people try their product in droves.

I've done a fair amount of experimenting with products because I have naturally spiral curls and I'm always trying to keep them soft and shiny due to the fact that my hair make-up tends to be course, porous, dry and frizzy, just comes with the territory.

I've tried Carol's Daughter shine serum, and liked it, which is a macadamia oil based product, very light weight with a great smell, but I noticed that the smell changed after a day to something sort of weird. I liked that it's natural but I also wanted a serum that contained the two main ingredients in most shine serums: Cyclomethicone and Dimethiconol. Those are the key players in any serum and Carol's Daughter doesn't have them included.

I've also tried Phyto's Phytolisse Ultra Shine Smoothing Serum which is actually really good, but it also costs $30 for 1.7 oz! and contains some natural form of alcohol as well. That's why I kept searching.

I do like Ojon's shine mist, GREAT smell, but noticed that you do have to reapply to keep the shine. And at $28 for like 2oz, it goes way too fast.

I'm sure I've tried others not mentioned but...now lets get to PureShine Polishing Serum:

What I love about this product is that besides the first two main ingredients, Cyclomethicone and Dimethiconol every other ingredient is quality and well chosen. And it incorporates macadamia oil which I really loved about the Carol's Daughter recipe. It has NO ALCOHOL, which is key, so it won't dry the hair, it has aloe extract and grapeseed oil which is great for the hair AND even has silk amino acid which is great because hardly any shine serums have silk or hydrolyzed silk. I mean some do, like Biosilk and a few others, but they're pricey and usually have alcohol in them as does Biosilk. I've read a lot of labels, I'm even surprising myself with my serum expertise.

Okay, and to top it all off, it has a subtle, almost barely noticeable fragrance that smells very natural, faintly like a cross between a honeydew melon and a flower. It's awesome. I like that it's subtle because I use Aveda shampoo and conditioners and if you've ever used Aveda, their products smell AMAZING, so I don't want to put some other perfumy, fruity artificial scent on top of all that goodness. Plus I don't like artificial fragrances, they're too strong and just not my thing.

Lastly, you get a helluva lot of product for you buck, 6 fluid ounces. That's a lot, at a really great price. This bottle should last me a while.

You can get it at Duane Reade and most local Walgreens types of places.

Great product, really happy with it. Hope you love it as much as I do!

They have new packaging though so you may want to google it for an image so you don't go hunting for the old packaging. It's essentially a tall rectangular clear plastic pump container, not the short cylindrical one shown here.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by motherof1familyof3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an awesome serum! Co-signing with the comments of the previous reviewers....it's definitely a winning product for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2009 8:15:00 AM More reviews by iluvboyz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

After trying many high end and low end serums this is just an amazing product. I'm so glad I have discovered this because of make up alley! One day, I was on here and this popped up on the new reviews. I purchased this at Walgreens for 5.82 for a huge 177ml and guess what it was BOGOF. So, I got two of these for 5.82 what a deal!!! This doesn't contain any alcohol and has a soft smell of coconut. This serum does everything it claims to do and everyone else has stated how amazing it is. You just need to run and get this!
# Repairs & conditions dry damaged hair.
# Ideal for thermal styling.
# Smoothes, shines & defrizzes.
# Daily use.
# Alcohol free.
# Hask Pure Shine Polishing Serum with special silk proteins is formulated to repair, strengthen and condition dry, damaged and overstressed hair.
# Delivers shaping power, volume and texture for a smooth frizz free look.
# This lightweight formula with UV protectors is a must for styling with all thermal tools.
# Use daily on either wet or dry hair for the smooth shiny styles you've always wanted.
# Can be used daily & is ideal for use on chemically treated hair.
# Environmentally responsible formula.
# Cruelty-free.
# No animal testing.

When my hair is damp, I put a drop in each hand rub them together and smooth it in my ends. This is more than enough and I have very long hair so this will last forever. This is amazing, thanks so much make up alley girls for opening my eyes to this product!!

Ingredients:Cyclomethicone, , Dimethiconol, , Silk Amino Acid, , Aloe Barbadensis Extract, , Grape Seed Oil, , Macadamia Nut Oil, , Octyl Methoxycinnamate, , Phenyl Trimethicone, , Fragrance- Parfum, , Dioctyl Sebacate,

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Angelbones

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm in LOVE with this product! I got this at Walgreens during a buy-1-get-1-free sale with the Hask Pure Shine Suddenly Straight (which is also wonderful). I've gotten a lot of compliments on how smooth my hair looks. I also love the way it smells, which is like coconut and pineapple. Overall, this is a great serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Ejsiq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This makes my hair go from frizzy, curly to smooth and straight. Not greasy at all. The smoothness lasts all day, unlike other products whose smoothing properties wear out after an hour or two. I was so happy after I blew dry my hair, I've never had hair like this!! I have in the past not believed much in different products, nothing had very much effect. I am thrilled and will throw out all ther hair goop.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Nikkirose2305

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG this product has gotten me so much attention you would not believe how many complimenrs I get !!