September 3, 2014 | 1568 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Lipstick SPF 8 #22 Pink Celebration

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great 60s style pink and while I've tried to love this I am always dissapointed by it. It looks like a very strong lip color but goes on sort of sheer or patchy and its difficult to blend evenly over lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by latinasian6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my HG of all pink lipsticks, I ALWAYS get compliments whenever I wear it and everywhere I go. The colour is so similar to St. Germain by MAC but it is also completely different with a much more beautiful hew and pigmentation, as I NEVER get compliments wearing st. Germain even though they are quite similar. However YSL looks less caked on, even when you dont feel the lipstick on your lips anymore from wear, the pigment is still there and looks like your wearing it and I LOVE THAT!!! Its absolutely gorgeous and I will keep buying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2010 5:47:00 PM More reviews by pneggy

I do love this lipstick, the colour is beautiful, a very pretty cool light pink. but at uk price of 27 it is rather expensive. the down side is if your lips are very dry it shows up ALL the cracks. must have very moisturised lips for it to look good!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree with Tropez. While this is my perfect 1960's era pale bluish-pink, it disappears quickly & I didn't find it particularly moisturizing. Tried it at Nordies today & by the time I checked my look an hour later, the lipstick was 50% gone - and I'd had nothing to eat or drink. Like I said, it just disappears. Bummer, as I absolutely adore this shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by pinkishbrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm starting a new review because I wasn't sure if the ones listed previously are even the same color...
This lipstick currently retails for $29. It is amazing! It's a very cool, blueish based pink that is creamy and non-shimmery. It's so gorgeous.
It's creamy and lasts, and the scent/taste is pretty faint, although you can detect a tad bit of a "perfume" that must be the signature YSL lipstick flavor.
I've never owned a YSL l/s, and spending $30 on one is not my usual cup of tea...but i am hoping that it lasts a long time and will do the job it's done on wearing #1. I love it so far!
This pink is milky, creamy, almost lilac-y. It's not dark or bright, but can come off a bit "mod" if you shy away from light lips. (I'm quite tan/dark, so it does seem this way on me, but on a fairer complexion, it might be a more usual pink, not quite so light).
If you want a dupe, you could check out Sephora Long lasting lipsticks (the thin tube) for $12 in the color #01, "Maniac". I also own this. The difference is shimmer, but other than that, the color match is very similar. Sephora's is a *tad* lighter due to the frost factor.
Edit: Wanting to add: this color is a very close dupe of MAC St. Germain from the Sugarsweet collection! Colorwise, it's almost identical. MAC's is a little more glossy/soft-feeling. Just FYI if you find you need to dupe one or the other. :D

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2003 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Tropez

This is a beautiful milky pink and is very moisturising for a lipstick. It also smells absolutely divine. But it has little to no staying power and I find myself re-applying it constantly throughout the day. Thus I don't think it is worth the hefty price tag and there are better lipsticks out there, like Armani for example.