Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunblock Lotion SPF 60

2.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.9%), Zinc Oxide (4.7%) Inactive Ingredients: Alumina, Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Ascorbic Acid, Beeswax, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, BHT, Bisobolol, Butylene Glycol, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Dimethicone PEG 8 Laurate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Methicone, Methylisothiazolinone, Pantothenic Acid, PEG 100 Stearate, PEG 8, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 60, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica, Stearic Acid, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisiloxane, Water, Xanthan Gum 08/17/11

on 7/30/2015 4:59:00 PM

Replacing BurnOut body. Still not #1 for the face bc it's a bit drying.

I think they improved the formula because now it's light, silky and leaves less of a white cast and film than any of the BurnOuts.

This used to be thick, pasty, drying, leave white debris,etc.

It's my #2 after epicuren, which is too expensive for the body. So happy I tried this again!

Update : 8/15; it is white when you layer it on. BUT I used burnout ( i have eco sensitive and the face one). It is still way better than burnout bc burnout is SO pasty and drying. SO: white casts are equal, but neutrogena texture is way nicer. so happy I found such an inexpensive option.

on 5/3/2015 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my all time favorite sunscreen.
I'm not super fair. About an NC25-NC30
I use sunscreen to prevent sun damage cause when I was younger I had really oily skin and would use alcohol to get rid of excess oil then be out in the sun and... My skin isn't as nice since then.
Now I use sunscreen and moisturizer religiously.
I wanted to use a sunscreen with titanium dioxide and/or zinc oxide cause they don't have to be reapplied as much as chemical sunscreens.

I've read chemical sunscreens(the ones that don't give a white cast) HAVE to be reapplied and if they aren't they can cause some issues with hormones since they are absorbed into the skin and apparently they also can mutate your cells.
Physical sunscreens like Titanium Dioxide and zinc oxide stay on top of the skin and reflect the suns rays (explains the white cast)
I do get a bit of a white cast but can easily use a little bit of face powder over.
There's also a powder from Shiseido and the MAC Lightful Powder Foundation that has a chemical SPF in it so you can be able to have both types of sunscreen and be able to touch up the chemical sun screen.

This is the best one I've had. It's not super super thick.
It lasts for awhile and I don't have an issue with it burning my eyes if i were to sweat.
Definitely recommend it

on 2/27/2015 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This product is okay. It leaves a serious white cast on my NC25 skin, but it is coverable by makeup. It is a mix of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide so it's a physical sunscreen. I chose to switch over from the much more cosmetically elegant Neutrogena Dry Touch because chemical sunscreens need to be reapplied throughout the day whereas physicals don't.

This sunscreen is drying and can sometimes cause flakiness on my dry skin. I usually layer CeraVe lotion under this and that helps to reduce the flaky skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have NC25 skin, south-asian, on the dry side, and sensitive. This product is non-greasy. Absorbs easily. Slight gray/white cast, which I don't mind as I don't photograph myself. Has not made me break out nor has caused irritation. I've used it for 2 weeks now and happy with my purchase.

on 3/15/2014 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunblock Lotion SPF 60 as another potential sunscreen to add to my party of one collection of sunscreens that I like (Live Live Sunscreen SPF 30). I wanted another sunscreen at a lower price point, and that was oil free that I could throw on in the morning when I drive to the gym and throw on after my workout (I use retin A so I have to always wear SPF when I go out in the sun) for my drive back home. Anyways, I had first started using this only on my decolletage area (neck and upper chest), and it seemed to work fine. It took some rubbing in, but it wasn't annoying or frustrating. Today, however, I decided to use it on my face. Putting it on was hard work. It comes out in a pretty thick, very white cream (almost like diaper cream for babie's butts). Rubbing it into the skin wasn't pleasant, as the white cast wouldn't disapear. It also burned slightly. It didn't break me out though (from what I can see from using it once on my face, today). And I don't want to have to rub in a products vigorously, because I don't want to pull and tug on my skin. I think I blended it in well enough so that anyone 5 feet away from me wouldn't really see the white cast, but up close you could really see the chalkiness on my face, especially around the pores of my nose.

The worst part about using this was the process of washing my face after my workout. Something about the product made it so my facial cleanser woulnd't lather, and my face felt tacky and strange. I simply could not wash this crap off. If I can't wash my face properly because of a product, then that product is definitely not for my face.

I will say that I will probably continue to use this on my neck and chest, because it doesn't seem to cause a white cast there, but I will not EVER use it on my face again, unless maybe I am mountainclimbing somewhere on a hot sunny day and I don't want my SPF to slip off, and I want it to be visibly apparent on my face.

on 10/22/2012 8:22:00 PM

I am 56 and have no known allergies to anything. Lucky! I had been using the Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock SPF 70 for several months after a bout of skin cancer on my forehead. A little greasy on a hot day, but better than most of the poolside, or beach going brands. Since I am fair skinned and needed it daily I decided to try Neutrogena - Sensitive Skin Sunblock Lotion SPF 60. After a couple of days I broke out in a patch of tiny red bumps on my right arm (I use on my chest arms and face). Each bump turned into a tiny scab a few days later. I used an umbrella and waited till there was no trace of the bumps, then tried again. By the next day I had the tiny red, and now a bit itchy, bumps on both arms and my chest. Thankfully, my face didn't break out! I was now convinced it was an allergic reaction and won't use it again.

on 9/24/2012 11:28:00 PM

Most products I use on my face have to pass the sensitivity test..i gave this five stars because when it was on I barely knew it was there. My plastice surgeon recommended this after he did some repair work for skin cancer. I used it on the scar after it was healed and to this day you have to look really close to see if I had any work done. He did a great job but I also give credit to the sunscreen.

on 7/17/2012 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Excellent sunblock- I didn't burn in Aruba (and I burn VERY easily), but I still got itchy bumps. They weren't as bad as I usually get, so that was good :) I'd buy again if I needed something heavy-duty,

on 6/26/2012 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this I first bought this for 6 flags last weekend and when I put it on I noticed it left a white cast on my face, but i kinda liked it. I put foundation on top and that was jut nasty at the end of the day i said to myself "ok next time its a choice between sunscreen & makeup, but NOT both". I could not get that white cast off my mind it made my skin look so much better. So the next day I put on this sunscreen and topped it with e.l.f tone correcting powder and OMG I look flawless, and I threw away my foundation. The white cast totally tries to flush out any redness so i look pretty dang good. I am very happy and this is my new foundation. The only problem I have with it is while fragrance free when u get a whiff of your hands while rubbing it in it smells like an ash tray, ewwww.

on 9/3/2011 7:42:00 PM

I prefer natural, physical sunblocks to chemical ones, and this product had only zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. Most dermatologists agree these blocks are very effective, if not MORE effective, than chemical sunscreens.

I spend lots of time in the sun and have very fair skin. Other physical sunblocks I tried very either TOO THICK or not thick enough, with a low SPF.

This sunscreen was -free, went on pretty smooth, lasted all day, and is good for everyday use. The only negative is the slight whitish-cast it can leave on the skin. I suppose people like me with light skin can blend this rather well. However, if you have darker skin, I've read simply mix a tiny bit of your foundation with the sunscreen, and that pretty much eliminates that whitish cast on darker skin ( just a suggestion ).

I would HIGHLY recommend this product