Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunblock Lotion SPF 60

2.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.9%), Zinc Oxide (4.7%) Inactive Ingredients: Alumina, Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Ascorbic Acid, Beeswax, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, BHT, Bisobolol, Butylene Glycol, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Dimethicone PEG 8 Laurate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Methicone, Methylisothiazolinone, Pantothenic Acid, PEG 100 Stearate, PEG 8, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polysorbate 60, Retinyl Palmitate, Silica, Stearic Acid, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisiloxane, Water, Xanthan Gum 08/17/11

on 2/27/2015 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This product is okay. It leaves a serious white cast on my NC25 skin, but it is coverable by makeup. It is a mix of titanium dioxide and zinc oxide so it's a physical sunscreen. I chose to switch over from the much more cosmetically elegant Neutrogena Dry Touch because chemical sunscreens need to be reapplied throughout the day whereas physicals don't.

This sunscreen is drying and can sometimes cause flakiness on my dry skin. I usually layer CeraVe lotion under this and that helps to reduce the flaky skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have NC25 skin, south-asian, on the dry side, and sensitive. This product is non-greasy. Absorbs easily. Slight gray/white cast, which I don't mind as I don't photograph myself. Has not made me break out nor has caused irritation. I've used it for 2 weeks now and happy with my purchase.

on 3/15/2014 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Sunblock Lotion SPF 60 as another potential sunscreen to add to my party of one collection of sunscreens that I like (Live Live Sunscreen SPF 30). I wanted another sunscreen at a lower price point, and that was oil free that I could throw on in the morning when I drive to the gym and throw on after my workout (I use retin A so I have to always wear SPF when I go out in the sun) for my drive back home. Anyways, I had first started using this only on my decolletage area (neck and upper chest), and it seemed to work fine. It took some rubbing in, but it wasn't annoying or frustrating. Today, however, I decided to use it on my face. Putting it on was hard work. It comes out in a pretty thick, very white cream (almost like diaper cream for babie's butts). Rubbing it into the skin wasn't pleasant, as the white cast wouldn't disapear. It also burned slightly. It didn't break me out though (from what I can see from using it once on my face, today). And I don't want to have to rub in a products vigorously, because I don't want to pull and tug on my skin. I think I blended it in well enough so that anyone 5 feet away from me wouldn't really see the white cast, but up close you could really see the chalkiness on my face, especially around the pores of my nose.

The worst part about using this was the process of washing my face after my workout. Something about the product made it so my facial cleanser woulnd't lather, and my face felt tacky and strange. I simply could not wash this crap off. If I can't wash my face properly because of a product, then that product is definitely not for my face.

I will say that I will probably continue to use this on my neck and chest, because it doesn't seem to cause a white cast there, but I will not EVER use it on my face again, unless maybe I am mountainclimbing somewhere on a hot sunny day and I don't want my SPF to slip off, and I want it to be visibly apparent on my face.

on 10/22/2012 8:22:00 PM

I am 56 and have no known allergies to anything. Lucky! I had been using the Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock SPF 70 for several months after a bout of skin cancer on my forehead. A little greasy on a hot day, but better than most of the poolside, or beach going brands. Since I am fair skinned and needed it daily I decided to try Neutrogena - Sensitive Skin Sunblock Lotion SPF 60. After a couple of days I broke out in a patch of tiny red bumps on my right arm (I use on my chest arms and face). Each bump turned into a tiny scab a few days later. I used an umbrella and waited till there was no trace of the bumps, then tried again. By the next day I had the tiny red, and now a bit itchy, bumps on both arms and my chest. Thankfully, my face didn't break out! I was now convinced it was an allergic reaction and won't use it again.

on 9/24/2012 11:28:00 PM

Most products I use on my face have to pass the sensitivity test..i gave this five stars because when it was on I barely knew it was there. My plastice surgeon recommended this after he did some repair work for skin cancer. I used it on the scar after it was healed and to this day you have to look really close to see if I had any work done. He did a great job but I also give credit to the sunscreen.

on 7/17/2012 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Excellent sunblock- I didn't burn in Aruba (and I burn VERY easily), but I still got itchy bumps. They weren't as bad as I usually get, so that was good :) I'd buy again if I needed something heavy-duty,

on 6/26/2012 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this I first bought this for 6 flags last weekend and when I put it on I noticed it left a white cast on my face, but i kinda liked it. I put foundation on top and that was jut nasty at the end of the day i said to myself "ok next time its a choice between sunscreen & makeup, but NOT both". I could not get that white cast off my mind it made my skin look so much better. So the next day I put on this sunscreen and topped it with e.l.f tone correcting powder and OMG I look flawless, and I threw away my foundation. The white cast totally tries to flush out any redness so i look pretty dang good. I am very happy and this is my new foundation. The only problem I have with it is while fragrance free when u get a whiff of your hands while rubbing it in it smells like an ash tray, ewwww.

on 9/3/2011 7:42:00 PM

I prefer natural, physical sunblocks to chemical ones, and this product had only zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. Most dermatologists agree these blocks are very effective, if not MORE effective, than chemical sunscreens.

I spend lots of time in the sun and have very fair skin. Other physical sunblocks I tried very either TOO THICK or not thick enough, with a low SPF.

This sunscreen was -free, went on pretty smooth, lasted all day, and is good for everyday use. The only negative is the slight whitish-cast it can leave on the skin. I suppose people like me with light skin can blend this rather well. However, if you have darker skin, I've read simply mix a tiny bit of your foundation with the sunscreen, and that pretty much eliminates that whitish cast on darker skin ( just a suggestion ).

I would HIGHLY recommend this product

on 8/22/2011 8:09:00 PM

I had no problem with this appearing white on my skin. It was easy to rub in and felt nice, silky, and smooth. However, it was not water resistant at all, any water or sweat made me look like I had watery milk on my face. I can deal with that, whatever. The thing that makes me really dislike this sunscreen is how drying it is. I have very oily skin, and I want a sunscreen that won't make me shiny. This kept me matte, but it came with extreme dryness and peeling. I'm peeling all over :( I won't buy this again, I won't recommend it. I had no allergic reactions or break outs, on the plus side. But no. I don't like it at all.

TLDR?
Pro: Nice finish. No break outs.
Con: Extremely drying, not water resistant.

on 8/17/2011 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i'm writing this review without reading the other yet, as i dont want to be influenced by what they say.
my skin: fair, freckle and acne-prone, combination, easily burned
needs in a sunblock: uva and uvb protection, at least spf 30, doesnt make skin dry and flakey but doesnt make skin oily either, can be used under MU, is physical, not chemical, so i dont have to re-apply as often

i bought this before reading reviews, just saw it at the store. i think it was around $12 or so at walmart. i was really happy ot see that it was a higher spf physical ss w/ both uva and uvb protection, and that it was fragrance free. it being waterproof ans sweatproof werent really a big deal to me, as i dont go swimming or anything too often.

upon application i noticed that there wasn't an offensive smell. there is an obvious whie cast, but i dont mind that a bit, since i have a lot of redness in my skin from acne scarring, and often i got out w/ just ss, no MU, so i found that this helped to hide some of the reddness.

the 1st time i applied it i noticed that my skin got a little flakey arond the lower cheek/jaw area, so after that i used a tiny bit of moisturizer underneath, and that solved the problem.

the reason i've only given this a 2 is beause it feels SO oily on my skin! it wouldnt be such a big deal if it only FELT oily, but it LOOKS like really greasy skin too. this isnt a matter of using too much-- and i wouldnt use less and compromise the spf's effectiveness. at first i though it just needed to sink in but after wearing it out for a few hours, it didnt at all.

i DO love the packaging on this, who DOESN'T love squeeze tubes?! they're the best way to use up all the product!

in short, i think this would be great for someone with dry skin, they'd love it!
but for me, i'm looking for an every day, physical ss that isnt quite as oily. i have a more expensive japanses ss that i wear under my MU, but i want something less expensive for the days i just want to put on ss and go. if anybody has any suggestions, please pm me!!!!