L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

3.7

on 6/6/2015 3:20:00 AM

One of my biggest pet peeves is hard to remove mascara which led me to try this one. The whole easy removal and beauty tubes technology intrigued me. With that being said I liked how the primer end of the mascara gave my lashes some length and a bit volume but for some reason the actual mascara end of the tube made them fall straight down even when I would curl them. It definitely kept the length but it wasn't too impressive compared to other drugstore mascaras. But the removal technique is a genius idea, kudos to Loreal. However, I found it took just as much time trying to remove it with water (warm/cold) than it would a regular mascara with eye make up remover. Not only that I still had to go in with eye make up remover to remove my concealer and eye shadow. So the few times I tried it, it just seemed like an extra step for someone who wants an easy/fast removal. And the weird part is that it would not budge with eye make up remover (it was like magic) which is a good thing and it also never flaked on me. In conclusion, if your'e someone who only wears mascara most of the time and can get away without concealer and all that you would love this at the end of the day. All you would need is some warm water and facial cleanser but if you wear concealer, eye shadow, eye liner, etc, you will still need to go in with your favorite eye make up remover.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

L'oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara did zilch for my lashes. Can't believe this is marketed as a lash lengthener.

I will stick with Maybelline (Rocket Volume and Illegal Length Fiber Extensions) and CoverGirl (Lash Blast Volume) mascara. Costs less and gets the job done.

UPDATED - Base coat makes lashes stiff, and the tubing is watery. Lashes end up resembling clumped up miniature spider legs. Not attractive.

on 2/12/2015 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

I've bought this 3 or 4 times now simply because it's so easy to wash off. It comes off with warm water in little clumps of plastic vinyl like substance. It does NOT get inky and smear like all other mascaras. But I probably won't buy again because it has NO volume. I can only apply two coats or my lashes clump and stick together in spidery globs. Also the white primer plus the black mascara makes my lashes kind of grey. I want to love this because of the vinyl type material instead of an ink like regular mascara but it just doesn't look good.

on 11/11/2014 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I have short, sparse, and downward facing lashes, so I have never had any results using regular mascaras. L'Oreal Beauty Tubes mascara has worked very well for me. The primer by itself lengthens my lashes, and with a few strokes of the black mascara my lashes look fuller and have more length. The mascara is also very easy to remove with water or makeup remover; just be mindful that the little tubes will fall out making it slightly messy, so removal should take place over a sink or a tissue.

One of my gripes is that the product tends to clump if over-applied even just a little bit. The consistency is quite thick, so it is not meant to reapply during the day. Also, the product has the tendency to dry out even though I always close it tightly.

Overall I am happy with this product and would purchase again after I eventually remove my lash extensions.

I've tried a lot of different mascaras. I have short sparse lashes and this mascara has worked the best for me consistently. I seem to always to back to this one after branching out and trying other well rated (sometimes expensive) mascaras.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this mascara. It works wonders and doesn't give you black eyes like you went a round with Joe Frazier. The primer works great by itself and so does the mascara.

on 5/14/2014 11:52:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I have to chime in with my rave review for this mascara. At first I had a bit of difficulty with it and almost gave up, but I've worked out how to make it work for me and I couldn't be happier. As other reviewers have stated, this does NOT move throughout the day and stands up to lots of tears, too. I haven't worn it swimming yet, but I have no doubt it will perform well there.
These are the steps that make it successful for me: 1. A thin coat of primer on each eye, immediately followed by a thin coat (once over) of mascara on each eye, immediately followed by a second thin coat. Emphasis on THIN coats, without letting it dry between coats. 2. To remove, using plain or soapy water, use a downward sweeping motion (as if you were combing your eyelashes) rather than a horizontal rubbing motion.
I plan on repurchasing forever (and I've been notoriously fickle with mascaras in the past) and am already recommending it to friends.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been interested in trying out tube mascaras for a while since I live in a humid climate and tend get raccoon eyes easily thanks to long lashes and apparently very warm eyelids. The L'Oreal option was a good match for the price point and decided to snag a tube.

Overall, I'm impressed with this mascara and how it performs. I'm fortunate enough to have naturally long and fairly dark lashes, so this mascara does wonders and produces a full and defined look similar to that of false eyelashes. Once on, this mascara doesn't budge, flake or wither, it stays put and holds everything in place without being super crunchy or drying. I was worried that this formula could do damage to the health of my eyelashes since it's a long wearing formula, but I haven't experienced anything like that.

Taking this product off is also easy, I'll run a finger under warm water and then press it on the base off my lashes to loosen them up and then the tubes come right off as I wash my face normally. Not very many long wearing products come off this easy, so I think this part of the formulation is extra nice.

My only two complains are that the primer part doesn't seem to do to much for me and I find it actually makes the mascara more prone to clumping/sticking together for me. I much prefer how my lashes look without the primer and that they stay separated. The packaging also seems to let the mascara itself dry out, I've pulled out several dried out circles of mascara from the top of the tube which is fairly annoying. I don't like wasting product and if the formula is this prone to drying out, the packaging should be fixed to prevent that.

All in all, this is a great product that could use a tweak or two, but I love that it really lives up to the claims it makes which is such a rarity with mascaras these days.

on 10/26/2013 8:47:00 PM

Hands down, the best mascara for any price. I've used the white base coat even with other mascaras on top, and it still stays on in the pool. If I ran out of this, I would panic. The two step process is easy, and guarantees no raccoon eyes, flaking or smudging. Warm water alone takes it off, and again no black residue left under your eyes. Perfect in every way. Why the other brands don't try to copy this is their loss!

I've been using this mascara for a few years now and it's hands-down my favorite mascara I've used. Awhile ago, I switched all my makeup from drug-store brand to designer brands EXCEPT for my mascara because none of the designer brands were as good as the L'Oreal, in my personal opinion. (At least not for the price difference!)

The best part about this mascara is that it WILL NOT MOVE until you tell it to. Seriously. You can sleep in it and wake up the next morning with your mascara still in place. I also love that when you take it off, it just comes off in "tubes" so you don't get dark circles and streaks all over your face. Makes my lashes look full and voluminous :)

The trick with this mascara is to make sure you put the white primer on well--- if you have clumps in the primer, you'll have clumps in the mascara. Also, work sort of quickly since the primer can dry if you wait too long between coats.