October 1, 2014 | 1814 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by UrbanFacedMacnamedNYX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this mascara. It works wonders and doesn't give you black eyes like you went a round with Joe Frazier. The primer works great by itself and so does the mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have to chime in with my rave review for this mascara. At first I had a bit of difficulty with it and almost gave up, but I've worked out how to make it work for me and I couldn't be happier. As other reviewers have stated, this does NOT move throughout the day and stands up to lots of tears, too. I haven't worn it swimming yet, but I have no doubt it will perform well there.
These are the steps that make it successful for me: 1. A thin coat of primer on each eye, immediately followed by a thin coat (once over) of mascara on each eye, immediately followed by a second thin coat. Emphasis on THIN coats, without letting it dry between coats. 2. To remove, using plain or soapy water, use a downward sweeping motion (as if you were combing your eyelashes) rather than a horizontal rubbing motion.
I plan on repurchasing forever (and I've been notoriously fickle with mascaras in the past) and am already recommending it to friends.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by AlohaPandaXOXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been interested in trying out tube mascaras for a while since I live in a humid climate and tend get raccoon eyes easily thanks to long lashes and apparently very warm eyelids. The L'Oreal option was a good match for the price point and decided to snag a tube.

Overall, I'm impressed with this mascara and how it performs. I'm fortunate enough to have naturally long and fairly dark lashes, so this mascara does wonders and produces a full and defined look similar to that of false eyelashes. Once on, this mascara doesn't budge, flake or wither, it stays put and holds everything in place without being super crunchy or drying. I was worried that this formula could do damage to the health of my eyelashes since it's a long wearing formula, but I haven't experienced anything like that.

Taking this product off is also easy, I'll run a finger under warm water and then press it on the base off my lashes to loosen them up and then the tubes come right off as I wash my face normally. Not very many long wearing products come off this easy, so I think this part of the formulation is extra nice.

My only two complains are that the primer part doesn't seem to do to much for me and I find it actually makes the mascara more prone to clumping/sticking together for me. I much prefer how my lashes look without the primer and that they stay separated. The packaging also seems to let the mascara itself dry out, I've pulled out several dried out circles of mascara from the top of the tube which is fairly annoying. I don't like wasting product and if the formula is this prone to drying out, the packaging should be fixed to prevent that.

All in all, this is a great product that could use a tweak or two, but I love that it really lives up to the claims it makes which is such a rarity with mascaras these days.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by ajjoyce

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hands down, the best mascara for any price. I've used the white base coat even with other mascaras on top, and it still stays on in the pool. If I ran out of this, I would panic. The two step process is easy, and guarantees no raccoon eyes, flaking or smudging. Warm water alone takes it off, and again no black residue left under your eyes. Perfect in every way. Why the other brands don't try to copy this is their loss!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by sarahdufour12

I've been using this mascara for a few years now and it's hands-down my favorite mascara I've used. Awhile ago, I switched all my makeup from drug-store brand to designer brands EXCEPT for my mascara because none of the designer brands were as good as the L'Oreal, in my personal opinion. (At least not for the price difference!)

The best part about this mascara is that it WILL NOT MOVE until you tell it to. Seriously. You can sleep in it and wake up the next morning with your mascara still in place. I also love that when you take it off, it just comes off in "tubes" so you don't get dark circles and streaks all over your face. Makes my lashes look full and voluminous :)

The trick with this mascara is to make sure you put the white primer on well--- if you have clumps in the primer, you'll have clumps in the mascara. Also, work sort of quickly since the primer can dry if you wait too long between coats.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by AlexisImaani

I LOOOVVE this mascara, the only thing I don't like is that I kind of get confused about where the brush is. Even though it is water resistant if the "water works" come I won't have to worry about it smudging. SO YAAAA

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by lieduh

This is my first ever MUA review!! I am a huuuuge review freak and read reviews on EVERYTHING before I purchase it so I was surprised to have just found out about the website. I had to write a review for this mascara because I don't know what I would do without it!!! I am going into my senior year in college and have probably been using it since sophomore year of high school. I LOVE IT! My lashes are on the shorter side and are naturally curled. This mascara really does DOUBLE EXTEND the length of my lashes! I have had several compliments over the years on how long my lashes are and I always refer the person to this mascara because it takes total credit.

Not only does it do as it says and double extend your lashes, it is awesome as far as removal is concerned as well. Anytime I ever run out and have to borrow one of my roommates' mascaras I prepare myself for raccoon eyes. And usually even with makeup remover there will STILL be some excess smudges under my eyes the following day. Whereas this mascara just slides off in the shower. Kind of strange looking for sure, but absolutely NO appearance of under eye darkness which I LOVE.

If I had to say anything negative about this product it would probably be due to my latest purchase of it. It has been more clumpy than usual and a ton of mascara comes out on the brush. Granted it is new and I know over time and usage that problem will solve itself, but as for the first week or two of use I have had a little trouble with application as far as clumping. That can be easily solved with the Tweezerman eyelash comb (which I have just started using and is also pretty awesome!)

All in all if you are looking for a new mascara and have issues with raccoon eyes from regular mascaras do NOT hesitate to try this product!!!! You will not be disappointed! I have suggested this product to most of my close friends and family and they love it as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by MakeupLover411

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really loved this mascara! Sadly, I lost it, bought a new one, and completley feel in love with that one! But this mascara was my 'to go' mascara and used it almost everyday! It comes with a white coat that you have to apply first and then apply the black coat which really helps to set them in place and make them look longer and much darker! What I absolutely loved about this product was the fact that it would just slide off with warm water and I didn't have to use any eye makeup removers or anything! Highly reccomend =)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 7:38:00 AM More reviews by JePet

Yes, I would buy it again but only because I still haven't found the better one. It comes with a lot of excess material on the brush, which is a problem with the white part as you don't want your eyelashes glued together. It is very difficult to take off (which is on the plus side).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Ndeva600

THE best mascara I've ever purchased. I've tried my fair share of mascaras from one's that you buy at the drug store to estee lauder to dior to everything. And I always come back to this one. I do have to say I have naturally longer lashes but this just adds to that! It makes them instantly longer. I am not a fan of the clumpy-look that some girls might like, I much prefer a natural look and this works perfectly for that.

Added bonus, when you wash off your mascara it comes out in strands .. no more racoon eyes!

Only drawback, I probably have to buy a new tube every 3-4 weeks because it is smaller then other mascaras. It can be purchased for about $8-9 at Target which is decent.