August 28, 2014 | 1027 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 226 Small Tapered Blending Brush - BBR Collection

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by lumer00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this brush. This is the perfect brush to apply color into my crease, I have smaller eyes. I find I can get a nice diffused application or one that is sharp and dark depending on how much pressure I apply and the angle at which I hold the brush. I've used this brush for four years, and I simply have never found anything quite like it even in the Hakuhodo range. If/When MAC releases this again, I will definitely purchase a few back ups.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by hendenm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Why did Mac stop making this brush? So many you tubers agree!! It's fantastic for applying product into the crease and there you can use your 224 to blend away!!! When this brush is dirty I turn to my Mac 219 but it's not the same!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Sabzzluvzzmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally got my hands on this brush from Mac me over collection and it did not disappoint. This brush is perfect for the crease I have bigger eyes and I'm sure for small eyes it would work wonders too. It's the best crease brush iv ever used I own all the Mac brushes for the eyes and this one stands out because it puts the color In perfectly and blends like a dream I'm in love lol I kno it's just a brush but its the best in my opinion I think everyone should have one of these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Fieeeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I wish I could get my hands on another or 2 more of this brush, it's hard to get a hold of now! It's really good for putting dark colors in the crease - it's like a cross between the 219 and 217 .

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 4:30:00 AM More reviews by nailpolishdebby

I had gone to TCCS looking for the 214 brush and I managed to get ahold of this as well. I'm not sure which release this is from or if there was a diffrence between the size/style of the brush head with each release ? Either way, this brush is great.

I have the Chanel #3 Eyeshadow Crease Brush (now also discontinued),which I thought would produce a crease application very similar to the 226. Not the case. The Chanel #3 has a cone like shape that the 226 does not have . So if you use the #3 straight on you can create a more defined line in the socket its self.The 226 does not have such a defined shape,so you get a more broad crease application.

Both are what I would call semi- firm, not as firm as say a smudge brush but not as fluffy as a 217'or 224. I will try and post a pic of the top of the brushes so that you can get an idea of how thick/packed the brushes are. In a way thats the angle that you will more then likely use the brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

226 is not a perfect brush, but it's pretty darn good. It's pointed and not too soft, so it works well for creating a defined crease, but it's not ideal for serious blending. It's not as soft as my softest brushes, but it's not scratchy or uncomfortable by any means. I do use it quite often, and I'm happy I have it in my stash.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by kayley123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I swapped for this 226 from the old BBR release (not the newer MAC Me Over Collection from 2011). I love it, it is soft and blends crease colors nicely on my monolid Asian eyes. MAC brushes are a little pricey but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by lalsamiksha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this brush . It does everything .Most of the time I use only two eye shadow brushes, one a regular brush with which u pat on the eye shadow with and the other one is this .
Its perfect for blending large and small area, thus in my opinion all eye shapes will benefit frm this. Most of the time i apply my eye shadow in the cut crease method and this brush jus blends the eye shadow perfectly. The bristles are soft and kinda firm which gives room for both light and precise blending .

I would def recommend this brush . I <3 it

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by indoorkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG I wish I'd bought two!

I lucked out and got one that's fairly tapered. I have both the 224 and the 217, this serves a different function on me that both those brushes couldn't fulfill.

I have a pretty deep crease; this is the only brush that can make a good defined dark shade demarcation in there. The 224 is too wide to do a neat job (read: if I use typographic in the crease, the husband thinks I landed face first in a coal chimney), the 217 is too soft (read: doesn't really pick up enough and then blends it out into mud). This baby is perfect.

The only thing I'm upset about is that this is now an LE brush. I do hope they promote it again someday soon. It's seriously HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by niacatstudio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A must have!! perfect for all crease area no matter if bigger or smaller. I use it every single day, I prefer this to the 217 because is more precise but also allow blends shadows so well...Who needs a bigger blending/crease brush?I love it.