April 20, 2014 | 1686 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 226 Small Tapered Blending Brush - BBR Collection

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Sabzzluvzzmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally got my hands on this brush from Mac me over collection and it did not disappoint. This brush is perfect for the crease I have bigger eyes and I'm sure for small eyes it would work wonders too. It's the best crease brush iv ever used I own all the Mac brushes for the eyes and this one stands out because it puts the color In perfectly and blends like a dream I'm in love lol I kno it's just a brush but its the best in my opinion I think everyone should have one of these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Fieeeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I wish I could get my hands on another or 2 more of this brush, it's hard to get a hold of now! It's really good for putting dark colors in the crease - it's like a cross between the 219 and 217 .

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 4:30:00 AM More reviews by nailpolishdebby

I had gone to TCCS looking for the 214 brush and I managed to get ahold of this as well. I'm not sure which release this is from or if there was a diffrence between the size/style of the brush head with each release ? Either way, this brush is great.

I have the Chanel #3 Eyeshadow Crease Brush (now also discontinued),which I thought would produce a crease application very similar to the 226. Not the case. The Chanel #3 has a cone like shape that the 226 does not have . So if you use the #3 straight on you can create a more defined line in the socket its self.The 226 does not have such a defined shape,so you get a more broad crease application.

Both are what I would call semi- firm, not as firm as say a smudge brush but not as fluffy as a 217'or 224. I will try and post a pic of the top of the brushes so that you can get an idea of how thick/packed the brushes are. In a way thats the angle that you will more then likely use the brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

226 is not a perfect brush, but it's pretty darn good. It's pointed and not too soft, so it works well for creating a defined crease, but it's not ideal for serious blending. It's not as soft as my softest brushes, but it's not scratchy or uncomfortable by any means. I do use it quite often, and I'm happy I have it in my stash.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by kayley123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I swapped for this 226 from the old BBR release (not the newer MAC Me Over Collection from 2011). I love it, it is soft and blends crease colors nicely on my monolid Asian eyes. MAC brushes are a little pricey but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by lalsamiksha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this brush . It does everything .Most of the time I use only two eye shadow brushes, one a regular brush with which u pat on the eye shadow with and the other one is this .
Its perfect for blending large and small area, thus in my opinion all eye shapes will benefit frm this. Most of the time i apply my eye shadow in the cut crease method and this brush jus blends the eye shadow perfectly. The bristles are soft and kinda firm which gives room for both light and precise blending .

I would def recommend this brush . I <3 it

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 11:54:00 AM More reviews by indoorkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG I wish I'd bought two!

I lucked out and got one that's fairly tapered. I have both the 224 and the 217, this serves a different function on me that both those brushes couldn't fulfill.

I have a pretty deep crease; this is the only brush that can make a good defined dark shade demarcation in there. The 224 is too wide to do a neat job (read: if I use typographic in the crease, the husband thinks I landed face first in a coal chimney), the 217 is too soft (read: doesn't really pick up enough and then blends it out into mud). This baby is perfect.

The only thing I'm upset about is that this is now an LE brush. I do hope they promote it again someday soon. It's seriously HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by niacatstudio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A must have!! perfect for all crease area no matter if bigger or smaller. I use it every single day, I prefer this to the 217 because is more precise but also allow blends shadows so well...Who needs a bigger blending/crease brush?I love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have smaller eyes than most guru's I watch videos of. And my MAC 224 is way too large to apply with in my crease(I love it for blending everything together. But I do have to wash it more often than necessary, with MAC's shampoo. Cuz it can get a bit scratchy sometimes)
My favorite MAC brush for my crease is the 222.
(its a lot skinnier and tapered more which makes it awesome for my smaller crease and it stays very soft... all the time!)
So,as you can see my eyes really need a smaller brushes. I always buy MAC cuz I personally love MAC's quality.
Last month, I missed the first release....so I then stalked Nordies online constantly until they finally restocked it 3 days later. Yay me!!!
But unfortunately, I am not as thrilled as I thought I would be.
I mean yes its made well and the hairs are awesome for a smaller type crease brush.
The one I received was definitely tapered more at the tip(I dry mine with brush protectors to keep it tightly packed)........BUT the softness is not what I expected it would be.
Now its not harsh at all! I'd say its softer than the 129....its in the same family and right around the ballpark...but the 226 is certainly softer than it.
I just have pretty thin skin and even MAC's 224 can be a lil rough if used too long!

This is pretty soft right after a fresh washing with my MAC Brush Shampoo. Though, after the second or third use its a lil' scratchy again. I know its cuz its so tightly packed and tapered though! So, its to be expected. So, I now do not use the brush protectors while drying and has fluffed out a lil more in the end...therefore making it a bit softer.

If you have thinner skin and are looking for a smaller softer crease/blending brush,these are my top 3:
1) Stila's duo ended #30 brush!!!!! My FAVE and I use it constantly!!!!! Its smaller, not as tapered as the 226...but its sooo soft and yet it picks up shadows nicely and I can blend away for awhile without getting the rug burn sensation!!!!(I got mine on Ebay for $10.00 and I highly recommend it!!!I "think" its squirrel hair. Thee other side a fatter rounded like eye shader brush. luvs it too death!Oh my other fave brush is from Stila too and it is the #15 duo brush. I has a flat shader that is just like my 239.It just has dark hair and softer, yet still firmly packed. The other side is a fluffie, softer and longer version of my 219. luv it too!)
2) Coastal Scents Synthetic Crease(they have an issue with quality control, since they buy most of their stuff premade from China, and you may get a straight or fluffy ended one. It almost doesn't matter since synthetic hairs usually fluff out with washings)
3) Bdellium Tools 781 Bamboo Synthetic(its shorter and fatter than the 2 above, but it is soft and places color a lil more densely)

In the end, this brush wasn't as soft as I dreamed it would be. But, the craftsmanship is perfect and MAC brushes will last forever.... if taken care properly.

You know the more expensive name brand tools that most guys collect and buy from that store in the Mall and has a Lifetime guarantee?
Well, MAC (and many other prestige brands) are "our tools" and they also basically have a lifetime guarantee too.....if cared for properly of course! Yes, they are more expensive than many other brands....but these do get the job done fast and the right way each and everytime!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by maimaimaired

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

oh my God i just got my hands on the mac 226 brush from the mac pro store it came in the hoilday set its soooooo nice i bought the clear see through handles with the set i got the 129se,226se,275se,190se, the set is named (make it perfect kit) the handles are nice.i was excited to purchase the set.