November 24, 2014 | 1355 users online

Styling Products - Sebastian - Taming Elixir

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by adrianna1027

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was hesitant to use this product - the smell in the bottle was a bit off putting and I was used to more creamier products. However, I used it this morning and it works so great, volume, softness and doesn't smell awful on my hair! When I first put it in my hair, it wasn't thicker like my other products so I thought it would not do much. But as I started blow drying my hair, I noticed how soft my hair was turning and the volume! I had forgotten to add mouse to my roots as I normally do, but there was no need. It gave my thin hair (I have thin hair but a lot of it) volume and smoothed my hair really well. Even after I flat ironed it I still had the volume!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by katiebaby87

As a styling product on dry hair, I like this stuff. Very light, completely non-greasy feeling and you just need a tiny bit to smooth your hair and give it some glossy definition.
However, as a leave-in treatment (I smoothed through my wet hair before blowdrying as per the instructions) it had absolutely no effect whatsoever in controlling/reducing my frizz...just not good enough for the price IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 4:00:00 AM More reviews by LuvHair101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is to tame your fly aways and make your hair super soft and shiny!! And it does do it's job and it does it good too! (: I love using this product after I style my hair and it works excellent aammaazziinngg! I would defiantly buy this again and I recommend you to also!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2009 11:06:00 AM More reviews by fragrance

I love this product. Leaves my fine fly away hair, tamed, shiny, healthy looking without any sense of having heavy product in it.
If you are looking for a styling product that structures hair look somewhere else.
This product protects from heat ( it really does), leaves hair manageable ans silky. I love it !

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2009 1:05:00 AM More reviews by littleyvette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Does nothing for for a blow dry. My client had thin hair and this product didn't do anything for it. Was still frizzy!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by JCuevas04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Taming Elixir is part of Sebastians reinvented line. It is part of the Flow Treatment Styler line. Meaning that they provide the lightest hold of all his products and also has added protein and moisturizers to help keep your hair healthy. This is a creamy white serum texture. It does give light hold but tames the frizz at the same time. I have the BKT and when I wear my hair natural in a bun, I like to use a very light styling products. This pretty much fits the bill. A little on the pricey side so that would be the only reason I wouldn't repurchase. Comes in a nice pump bottle. This could also be used as a serum replacement for someone that is looking for the effects of a serum but not the heavy, greasy feel of it.