July 22, 2014 | 1959 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bare Escentuals - Kabuki Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have several of these from over the years from kits. They are my favorite Kabuki brushes. They are very soft and apply mineral foundations flawlessly. They do shed a tiny bit, but I have had them for 10 years and they still have their shape completely, are super soft, and have never come loose from the glue. I think these are great quality brushes that don't get enough attention.

IMO anything that can last for over 10 years with no noticeable wear is great. I don't have issues with the brushes being too big for the lid when gathering product and they always work great. These are well worth the price on their own.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by deebaby07

Hm. Don't get me wrong I still use this brush. But it has shed quite a bit. Other than that I can use it to put on liquid foundation or any of the bare escentuals makeup. However, the shedding is noticable as well as some of the hair breaking off.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Clalog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very coarse brush!, itch my face every time I use. Very expensive too. Not worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by nattiekins05

I got this brush to use with my mineral veil, the lady at Sephora went on and on about how wonderful it is, and even though I had a brush that I planned on using with this product, I got it anyway. It was fairly expensive, but I know that you get what you pay for. The biggest problem I had with this brush was that it was way too big to fit into the lid of my mineral makeup, and there would only be makeup on a part of the brush, so nothing would go on even and it was a disaster to fix it. I was not thrilled, but I ended up keeping it- hoping I would find a use for it. I trier a few other things- all of which I had no luck with. And after washing it on a regular basis after trying these different products- the whole style of the brush changed... it got pretty hard, wasnt nearly as soft as it once was... the bristles also started curling and changing shapes even though i was very careful about how i stored it, and how i washed it. I have had it with the brush, i think i have to pretty much given up on it, but i keep ig around because of how much money i spent on it...

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by white05mustang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have had my BE full-coverage kabuki brush for over a year and I'm not sure why I haven't reviewed it yet, but unfortunately, I agree with all the bad reviews. It is scratchy and it sheds EVERYWHERE after you use it a while. It doesn't even shed full hairs, just little pieces of hair all over your chest and neck. The only positive is that is does cover pretty well. That's probably the only reason I haven't replaced it yet.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Victoriajane89

Brought this brush for a fuller coverage for the matte mineral foundation. Was great to begin with, thick and full to give the coverage. After a few weeks the bristles got rough and feels like I'm scratching my face when applying the mineral make up.

I also tried to use this with a powder and it made me looked caked and made my skin red!

Have no further use for it now and would not recommend to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a nice brush in some ways. It's well made, sturdy, and I haven't experienced any significant shedding. But I just can't stand the way it feels. It doesn't feel smooth on the skin at all. It feels rough and scratchy. I have had it for quite a few years, and I did use it sometimes when I was using Bare Minerals. I dug it out this week to try with some new pressed mineral foundation from Avon that I bought, and I remembered why it was tucked away-ouch. I think I will just throw it away. I got it as part of a kit, so I didn't pay the full price for it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by secarter92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had the best Kabuki brush ever but it was so worn out. Unfortunately I couldn't remember what brand it was or where I got it. So I was so excited when I went to Sephora and thought i saw my old brush. WRONG. This brush was great the first week I had it and then it started the shedding. It literally is worse than any animal I have encountered. When I am done applying my makeup I can't tell what my makeup actually looks like because I have all of these dark hairs ALL over my face. I actually have to take clean powder brush and go over my face multiple times to get all the hairs off. It is ridiculous. So disappointed!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bare Escentuals' Full Coverage Kabuki Brush is one of at least four kabukis offered by this well known mineral makeup brand. This brush was designed to apply their loose mineral foundation. The Full Coverage Kabuki is made of goat hair. Bare Escentuals says that the "large, firm brush head allows for flawless full coverage application in record time and it feels incredible on your skin". My sister in law passed their brush on to me after she bought a new one. This kabuki brush retails for $28, and is by and far the most expensive brush I own. If you didn't notice in the first couple sentences, this is a animal hair brush, so vegans and the like may want to steer clear. I'm unsure of where this brush was made or purchased.
This kabuki brush has a short, round metal handle. The brush name is on one side of the handle, the brand name can be found on the other. Looks sleek, has good weight in the hand. The brush head is huge. Well it's probably about the same size as an average kabuki brush, but it feels big. The bristles are incredibly dense, there is an innumerable amount of hairs in this brush. Unfortunately in the case of Bare Escentuals' Full Coverage Kabuki, density does not equal softness. Goat hair? You don't say! This brush is rough and scratchy, sometimes my cheeks even hurt a little after use. For being a nearly $30 brush, it isn't top quality at all. The bristles splay a lot at the edge of the brush. The brush head sheds both on the face and during washing. Its difficult to get all the product out during brush baths, it takes at least two shampoos to get most of the product out. I also always condition this, and all my natural hair brushes, after washing. It takes a fair while to dry, but what can you expect from an animal hair kabuki brush. Though it isn't put together perfectly, I will compliment Bare Escentuals on the even cut of the hairs and the uniformity of the bristle movement.
Ok so it's not the softest brush and has some construction issues but this isn't a terrible brush. It blends well enough and I like to use it for applying powders and bronzers. I mainly use this brush as a last, finishing step to blend everything together. It can give bronzer a very subtle look and it gives an even, finished, put together look to the skin.
Bare Escentuals Full Coverage Kabuki Brush gets the job done, but it doesn't feel good when you're working with it. The goat hair bristles are really scratchy and unpleasant, and don't be surprised to find a few on your face afterwards. Do not like. I definitely don't recommend this brush, or any by Bare Escentuals, I've never heard any good about their brushes, except from one person who doesn't know much about makeup or brushes and repurchases all her brushes once a year, and also from my sister in law, who also fits the profile of the first person mentioned. It's not worth $28 at all. I'm currently looking to replace this brush, I hear good stuff about ELF's Studio Line Kabuki, so that may be my next brush purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by tamilynn316

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have the "heavenly face kabuki brush" as well as the regular full size full coverage, mini and I have to tell you I like them all but the Heavenly face kabuki is AMAZING... it is great .. flat on top I love it.. its a lot like the handy buki without the handle.. totally recommend it... it feels so SOFT I love it!!