November 23, 2014 | 1948 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Idol Eyes Creme Shadow - Techno

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

color payoff is not that great. as soon as i put it on my eyes, they burned. For that alone, i will be taking it back. I didnt leave it on long enough to see anything else except that it doesnt show up very well.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by BlueCatAnubis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried hard to like this product, as I have had great experiences with many other wet n wild products. I like the color, it is one of the main reasons I bought it. I know it is an eyeshadow but I applied it to my waterline and my eyes swelled with tears and pain. It was not fun, if you have sensitive skin I wouldn't try putting this on your waterline. I will only use this as an eyeshadow every once in awhile until it is used up. It burned my eyes so I gave it 3 lippies.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by WitchyGoth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a cheap product. It creases not long after application, even with a primer applied! How disappointing, as it's a very nice color. I was so excited when I bought it.
Once while applying it, the entire tip of exposed shadow just broke right off, so I had to sharpen it down to use it. I really wasn't even pressing very hard! It just has no staying power.
I'm shocked that Allure would give this product an award...
The only positive thing I can say about it is the wood that forms the pencil. It sharpens cleanly and doesn't splinter off. If only all eye pencils were made with that same wood quality, I'd be happier! I'm going to try applying it beneath a powder shadow to help set the color. I also have the blue color "Distress" and I'm sorry to say it suffers from the same problems as "Techno".

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by rubie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap. I bought this because I loved the color but was quickly disappointed when it creased only a few minutes after I applied it. Save your money and don't buy this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, i love these little cream pencils but i guess if you go into thinking these are just like say the NYX Jumbo Pencils, then you will prob be disappointed but overall, im pleased w/ them. I wish they'd make more of these esp in more neutral colors.
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
The WetnWild Idol Eyes Creme Pencils are available wherever your WNW products are sold. Typically can be found in most drugstores like CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid as well as some Walmarts.- it will depend on your area. The price is AWESOME- these pencils will only cost you $1.99. the price is great esp considering how much product you go. Price will also vary slightly depending on location, sales, discounts, coupons.
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
Techno is a duo chromatic dark blue purple. It will be a bit more sheer/lighter in color once applied to the lids compared to what it looks like in stick form. Its still a gorgeous color nonetheless. It flashes purple to blue in different lighting. The formula of these is a tad off but nothing so bad that i cannot use them. Comparing these to Jumbo Pencils, these are more on the slippy waxy side as to the more dry/cream to powder finish i get w/ the NYX. If you have more normal to dry lids like myself, these are really good overall. These apply well straight to the lids w/ the pencil or even w/ fingers or brushes. I normally use the pencil & draw a few lines & then blend out w/ finger or brush to form a THIN LAYER. if you try to build up the color- it will def become a crease factory. I suggests PRIMER as well under these- esp if you have oily lids. I always use primer even w/ cream shadow bases since they can crease alone. These are great cream shadows. They work great as bases to use under shadows. If you dont want to change the color of the pencil itself, maybe a little dusting of face powder will make a difference. Alone w/ no primer or setting these, it will most def crease quickly. Ive never used them that way but w/ a primer underneath & setting w/ powder, these actually help my shadows stay put for hours as well as help w/ creasing of shadows & w/ vibrancy & pigmentation. It will help absorb any oils from breaking through. I think this make great bases & Techno is fabulous for the purple or gray looks. Its my favorite combo- either a gray or purple base w/ a gray or purple shadow, its my own little taupe concoction. Techno is such a unique color as well on its own. Too bad it goes on sheerer than id like but i still use it alot. I think these are a great find for those who like the Revlon Creme Illuminance shadows- they are similiar to those. These pencils are cheap & work!! (if you are into more neutral colors, id def suggests picking up PIXIE, its a gorgeous color, i posted a photo w/ my review after i depotted it, its my go to base of the moment & probably forever)
=PACKAGING=
The WNW Idol Eyes Creme Pencils are somewhat similiar to the NYX pencils meaning they come in a hard plastic wooden pencil. These are unsharpenable? i know its not a word. The shadow itself is somewhat loose so that you dont have to sharpen them, the product/shadow will slide down w/ use. I dont like it, but it does make it more practical since you dont have to sharpen them w/ a special one. But i have to say depotting them (i take off the plastic cap at the top & scrape out all the creme.) but these are a pain just like the NYX pencils. I can deal w/ it since theyre half the price of NYX. Im sure all the methods apply to these of depotting as well. The pencils are colored according to the color of the actual pencil so it makes it nice to decipher between all the pencils if you have more than 1. easy to find in my drawers. Metallic silver logo-labeling. The pencils are short, about the size of my hand so about 5-6 inches. There have 0.11oz so it is a decent amount of product. I like the small compact pencil so it does travel well. There is a clear plastic lid that fits tight so it wont dry out quickly. I wish they made the pencil itself either softer or make them mechanical so that we can sharpen them or not. I know these are super convienent for those who want something simple & easy to use & pencils like this are it.
Overall, these WNW Creme Pencils are a great affordable cream shadow pencil that are easy to use & perform great! i like them & i can see why some people dont but i havent had anything but good results from them. I will continue to use em, buy them, & hope they come out w/ more colors & perfect the formula a bit!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by BayJeanette

I liked these pencils, I'm surprised everyone seems to hate them. Mine glide really well on my skin when used over a lip primer or eyeshadow base. I use this one to build color with purple or smokey looks. It is a little sheer, but it's so cheap I was expecting as much. I like them for the price and color selection.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by ssslasher23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What can I say, I was so dissapointed by this product. When I saw it at the drugstore, I just had to buy it because the colour was gorgeous. Talk about misleading... It shows up really light and going over it again and again doesn't help much either because it's so creamy that you basically just end up smudging it all over the place. The end result was a big sheer purple, greasy mess on my eyellid. And it's so sad because it looks like a beauuutiful colour.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by vvs9992003

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought 3 of these Idol Eyes pencils as a gift for my sister because all the NYX JEPs I wanted to get here were sold out. Unlike the JEPs, these are absolute TRASH. These are my first ever 1 star ratings, and I have never been this disappointed in a product. I got them for 40% off so $1.19 each but I still went back to return these, which I rarely do, just because they were THAT bad.

I swatched these on my hand and they left a huge greasy mess. The product itself never set meaning that it always stayed creamy. This color not as pigmented as the blue shade, but that doesn't even matter because it just smeared horribly anyways. These are a huge fail by WnW and stay FAR FAR FAARRR away from these!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by jueykang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Its a gorgeous duochrome purple-blue cream shadow stick. It blends so easily....too easily. It dissapears in a minute without a primer and 3 minutes with a primer. Dissapointment

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Goes on velvety soft, great color and smudges right off if you blink slightly. Terrible staying power, just none. It's worse than butter for staying where you put. Love the color, but this is a waste of time product.