October 21, 2014 | 1485 users online

Deodorants - Bubble & Bee Organic Geranium Lime 'Pit Putty Deo

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by takenu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Unfortunately I'm going to have to be the lone dissenter and give this product a strong negative review. Prior to ordering this deodorant, I came on here and read all of the wonderful reviews, so I was pretty confident that I would be happy with it. I've been trying very hard to find a natural deodorant without aluminum, and this seemed to fit the bill. I don't know if my results were different because I ordered a different scent (lemongrass) and a different formula (pit putty cream, not the stick) but this was definitely one of the worst deodorants, if not THE worst deodorant, I have ever used.

You're supposed to put a pea sized amount on and then it should absorb into your skin, well it made my armpits feel greasy and it wouldn't absorb when I did that, my armpit got super sweaty and wet and gross. I actually had to wipe them off with a napkin like 20 minutes after I put it on, and this was in the evening at home when it wasn't even hot and I was just putting my makeup on, not doing anything strenuous. I never ever sweat that much, it was really bizarre. So I stuck to using a smaller amount. I used it for about 3 days until I couldn't take it any longer. This stuff made me smell really really gross. I don't have much of an odor to begin with so it's not like I need something with heavy duty powers. For probably the 1st hour or 2, it would smell nice and lemony, and then it would change and make my armpits smell rancid. I don't expect a natural deodorant to last all day, I'd be happy with 4-6 hours, but it said it was supposed to give 12 hours of coverage so I thought it would come somewhere near that.

I thought my body might need some time to adjust to it (I've been using natural deodorants for a few months now so I'm not going thru the detox phase where you smell gross. so it wasn't that) so I gave it 3 days but I was just so embarrassed to be in public that I quit using it. I was having to hold my armpits closed and hurry home. It made me smell TERRIBLE. Like not just regular sweat, it smelled like some disgusting odor. I would have been way better off if I had just not worn any deodorant at all. At least I wouldn't have smelled dirty. I am so unhappy with this product. I know they have this return policy where you can exchange it for a different scent but I really dont think that would make much of a difference and i didnt like how it felt greasy either. I didn't notice less sweat, if anything I was sweating even more (some reviewers have commented that they were dryer). Oh also I always used this right after a shower when my armpits were fresh and clean, so it's not like it had a reaction with existing sweat/germs on my armpits.

Also, just a comment on the shipping, they sent it with signature confirmation which makes 0 sense to me considering it's a $12 order, it made it a hassle to have to go to the post office to pick it up.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Angeldoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried this version without baking soda and it didnt work for at all for me and I was smelling horrible after about 2-3 hours. I like that this company is all natural and has a good policy. The smell is very citrusy, more so than floral. I wish it would have worked with my body chemistry. I also tried the jasmint cream deodorant, this one smells like toothpaste (dont detect any jasmine) it lasted not more than 2 hours. so sad I cant find one that worked for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Although it's called "pit putty", this is basically a roll-on stick deodorant. I ordered this after switching to "natural deodorants" (and liking Trader Joe's unscented stick with cotton, and Tom's of Maine lemongrass, but learning that the Propylene Glycol in them can be problematic/potentially dangerous). Bubble and Bee products are all organic and completely natural and safe/clean, no propylene glycol in this one, so I decided to try it. So far so good. I ordered it with baking soda (an option) to add some additional protection, and it can leave some white powder on your clothes if you're not careful, but that's not the worst thing that could happen...The scent is nice enough, I wouldn't call it "feminine" per se, but perhaps more so than the lemongrass-rosemary, which I also ordered. I only wore it for an evening/overnight and it's cool-ish weather, so it will be interesting to see how it holds up in the summer, but so far so good. Interestingly enough the baking soda/arrowroot powder really keeps you dry (!), although this isn't listed as an anti-perspirant. As for odor, it's not fool-proof like a chemically based product, but so far so good.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by larkin587

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok, so I have been trying to find a natural deodorant for a couple of years now, but have had a lot of trouble finding anything. I was using Lafes because I liked the scent, but the high baking soda content irritated my skin.

This is when I found Bubble and Bee. I tried their new Lemongrass Pit Putty with baking soda, and let me tell you, it's amazing! I am a very active girl, and put my deoderants to the quite the test. After riding my bicycle and working in a hot kitchen, I was mostly dry and had no odor!

The baking soda is low enough that there is no irritation, and I smell better than when I was using anti-persperant. Do yourselves a favor ladies, and try this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by dkirk02

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ok, I so wanted to love this. I mean, how cool is something called "Pit Putty???" It's in great packaging, identical to any other deodorant stick. The scent is nice. It does keep me dry, for the most part. However, by 1:00 in the afternoon, I'm smelling, and I'm not a smelly girl! I remember another reviewer (somewhere) saying that the geranium scent kinda started out smelling like B.O. I tend to agree, and when it combines with the little bit of sweat I produce throughout the day, it makes me stinky. back to Whole Foods. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by KelBel77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff! I'm in the process of switching all my skin care, body care, cosmetics to natural products, but I never thought I'd be able to give up my anti-perspirant. I took a chance and purchased this product. It works! Really well. And it smells amazing! I walk around all day long with my face in my arm pits. The first time I used it, I felt a slight burning for about 30 minutes that concerned me. Then I realized that I had just dry shaved my pits, so the irritation was my own fault. I have no complaints with this product. It gets the job done.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by sblee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I read about Pit Putty here on MUA and I am so happy I did! I have been in search of a competent organic deoderant for awhile and let me tell you Pit Putty is heaven sent. Like others I have tried probably 20 different products- creams, powders, roll ons, sprays and Pit Putty wins hands down. It's funny the original Pit Putty smells just like the spicy gluten free pancakes I make (they both use arrowroot starch). The coconut and essential oils round out the product. And guess what- this stuff works!

To top it off- Bubble & Bee is an amazing company. They shipped my order immediately and I received in 2 days flat. I also ordered the soapnuts because they are great for washing and don't irritate my sensitive skin. I will be ordering from B&B again before the month is out. Check them out!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by ibizabiza

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product rocks! There is no question! I've tried every drugstore, luxury and health food store deodorant in the world. This is the only one that works, i.e., it doesn't stink all by itself or make me smell worse; doesn't clash with my perfume; doesn't take forever to dry; doesn't scream "deodorant."
It's a putty that you have to massage into your arm pit. That's a little cumbersome but it's worth it. The geranium and lime have deodorizing properties, and they do their job. Even in 90 degree weather, it held up. And there's a spray that you can carry in case it does end up wearing off. It's not an anti-perspirant but it'll keep you dryer than other deodorants.
The one thing is that the smell is a bit loud at first. It took a little while to get used to. Now, I apply it early on, before I leave the house, versus waiting until I'm already ready to go out.
I've started wearing sleeveless tops and dresses with complete confidence.
They also make a Lemongrass Putty and also a spray that is not as strong but makes my pits actually smell delightful. When people do get a whiff of my pits, they actually smile! Seriously!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by muse97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Update May 4, 2011: Still using this (well, various scents of Super Pit Putty) and still stink-free, even during workouts. I have repurchased it 5 times now.
This review is for the "Super" Pit Putty with baking soda. I love this stuff! It's an all-natural deodorant that actually works...all day! Despite sounding very floral, this scent is more citrus than floral and is very refreshing. It's great for either men or women. Both my husband and I really like it. I am not fond of very feminine floral scents, so I was hesitant to try this, but the geranium oil in this product just softens the lime oil scent and creates a nice and clean fragrance that is pretty uplifting. My husband and I have been using the 'super' version, which just has baking soda added for a little extra deodorizing. It's even moderately effective as an antipersperant thanks to the arrowroot powder, although that isn't what it is or what it is sold as. I appreciate the fact that I actually know what all of the ingredients are.
"Super Geranium/Lime Pit Putty" ingredients: organic arrowroot powder, organic coconut oil, organic lime essential oil, and geranium essential oil.
Find it at the bubble & bee online store. Good stuff!!!
UPDATE: The husband and I wore it while working out today ...and neither of us stink!!! I have never experienced that with a natural deo before.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Yes! Finally an all natural and Organic deodorant that doesn't make my arm pits feel like their on fire!!! Im so happy i found this company. The deodorant is fantastic. It's not at all sticky or wet feeling. It's like some type of pliable powder....can't really explain it but it does work. It keeps my underarm area dry and smelling really fresh. The packaging is also really cute. Can't wait to try the original version. I highly recommend!
UPDATE: This deodorant is still going strong! Still so happy that i found this company. I've since ordered the Super Pit Putty with the Patchouli and Clove Bud Essential Oils and it smells great. Kinda like the Pied De Pepper from LUSH, wich i adore. Love Bubble & Bee