August 31, 2014 | 985 users online

Fragrances - Dove - Go Fresh Cucumber and Green Tea

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by kolwink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A poor man's Elizabeth Arden Green Tea? Ha. Ha. HA.

I bought this solely to keep at work; I figured it would be something good enough to spritz on after the gym or at the end of a long work day. But, considering I can spend twice the money and get half the volume of the actual EA Green Tea scent ... wait a second.

No, $10 for 1.7oz EA Green Tea is still a million times better than $5 for 3oz Dove Cucumber/Green Tea.

This scent is very powerful. I just uncapped the bottle and took a whiff. Unfortunately, I can't stand the scent any longer. I don't have any negative scent memories associated with it ... but I just can't take it. It's too strong. It's not the real thing. It doesn't make me feel cool, fresh, calm, or uplifted. It reminds me of bad, cheap air freshener.

I should ditch this product. Doesn't seem worthy of a swap though. Well ... anyone interested in San Francisco or Berkeley? Otherwise, I might adroitly leave it at a BART station or something, figuring it might eventually make its way to someone who wants or needs it.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Alissab123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought this product because its back to school time and I just wanted a light body spray that would refresh me during the day especially since its super hot where i live right now! I didn't read reviews before buying this and just kind of went ahead and bought it - I trust Dove brand for the most part and thought the cucumber scent sounded simple and fresh. I've had it on my wrist to test it out for a few hours now, I would say the scent stayed on longer than i expected and it still smells pretty strong but like others have said not too overpowering at all. This product is a love it or hate it kind of thing - I will say I like this body spray ( 4 out of 5 ) but I did take off one lippie because as the scent lingered on my skin it didn't smell quite the same as it did when I first sprayed it, I would say it had notes of sweet smelling baby powder and lemongrass; but with perfumes, colognes, body sprays, etc. it's different for everyone due to the natural scent in your body that mixes with the artificial spray (again perfume, cologne, etc.) Overall, I think it was worth the few dollars I spent on it and will most likely purchase again and just stick with it as I am a noob when it comes to body splashes or sprays and this one works fine for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by katzenjammer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I purchased this after reading (should have known better!) that a beauty writer really liked it because of it's "fresh, out-of-the-shower-scent". I love that fresh, clean soapy smell.

This is NOTHING like that. It smells sickly sweet, cheap and heavy. Nothing like stepping out of the shower with that fresh, clean feeling at all.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by bea2ls82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

just a basic clean scent, nice for summer. good for after showers but wouldnt wear going out unless maybe work on a 100+ degree day when nomal perfumes are too much.
would repurchase but not in this scent

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by bonobogirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a lovely body mist! I don't usually like fragrances, but bought this on a whim and am now on a mission to own the whole go fresh line because I enjoy it so much. This scent has even inspired me to give some other lines with similar scents chances, too.

I don't know if it exactly has a "cucumber and green tea" scent, but it does have a very light, fresh, clean, cool scent with emphasis on the fresh and clean. Maybe it's the smell of candied cucumbers who just stepped out of the shower? When first sprayed, there is a strong sweet smell that I, at least, find overbearing, but it calms down quickly to that clean, cool base. It also pulls off the clean without being overly powdery or soapy, which is a plus.

The reason I'm not so into fragrances is because many make me itchy and all around uncomfortable. This one doesn't or I wouldn't be using it. It doesn't seem to bother my sensitive skin at all.

As for its longevity, I still smell a touch of this on my skin after spraying it lightly twelve hours earlier. I have a *very* sensitive nostrils, though. This also only pertains to its scent when applied to skin. I noticed the fragrance fades from fabric far more quickly.

I highly doubt Dove go fresh body mist provides moisturization as it states it does on the bottle and online. 1) It's mainly composed of alcohol, and 2) since it sprays in such a fine mist, how much of that glycerin can you really be getting? Although Dove shouldn't be pretending this is a moisturizing product, I won't take off any lippies because this fragrance is what it is: a quite lovely body spray.

Bottom line: Consider Dove go fresh body mist cool essentials cucumber and green tea scent if you're looking a for a subtle freshly washed fragrance at a good price. If you're scared of body sprays like I was, this may be a good starting point.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Jayjaybean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells so fresh and clean, like i just stepped out of the shower. I get more ocmpliments on this one then my more expensive perfumes, and I bought it on sale for only 2 dollars!

Smells the best when I spray it on right after I towel dry myself off. It isn't too strong, and it lingers nicely throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by darksunnygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a really refreshing scent that is not to powderful but present. I love the way it stays with you for more than an hour unlike some body sprays. The only reason I'm not repurchasing this is that I have a ton of other fragrances I want to use up.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by SarahMaygene

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

pros-smells yummy
not overwhelming
last just enough
cheap price!! $$

cons-
packaging sucks....

Was deleted (used to be sarah110592)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by TrishyB

I love this body mist! Its just so refreshing and clean! The scent isn't overpowering or too strong. Perfect for everyday - especially in the summer. The scent just makes me smile, its truly refreshing! And after it settles, it smells even better! I bought this when I was over in the US and I ditched my regular perfume and used this for the rest of the trip. I only wish I had bought more because I don't think you can buy these in Australia :(
Very handy, small enough to put in your handbag, car, office or gym bag. LOVVVEEEE!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by pupster

I used the new pomegranate and lemon verbena scent. There are various scents in bar soap, body wash, deodorant and body spray. I purchased the body wash, deodorant and body spray in this fragrance and while it's not an unpleasant fragrance, IMHO it's more of a cleaning product or air freshener scent than a personal fragrance scent and who wants to smell like a fresh toilet bowl:(