China Glaze Awaken

4.5

on 4/16/2013 10:34:00 AM

Very pleased with this polish. One coat is enough actually, although I did two coats out of habit. It is a dark, shimmery grey and very nice indeed.

on 5/25/2012 3:14:00 PM

I`m bying a backup for this one asap!

This is pure glory to stamp with. It looks really nice stamped over pinks and/or peaches. Like if I had melted the graphite cord in a pencil, and stamped with it. Love love love! I like this better than silvery foils/metallics, because it shows up so much better on lighter shades of polish.

I have not used it as a base color yet, and guess it wont ever happen. But this is a one-coater for those wondering. If you love konading; Get this!

on 2/11/2012 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was almost completely opaque with only one coat! It is a wonderful shimmery dark grey. The consistency is absolutely perfect.

on 12/8/2011 4:28:00 PM

i am in love with this color. great opaque coverage in two coats, and looks great with glitter topcoats & crackle. a definite repurchase :3

on 7/31/2011 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is one of my favorite nail polish colors ever. It's a great gun metal gray that I go back to alot, goes good with everything and is a great alternative to my usual black. Has a nice metallic shimmer so I don't have use any glitter or anything on top. This wears on my toes REALLY long without peeling or chipping.

on 11/19/2010 2:24:00 PM

I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered upon application that this isn't the kind of dark graphite/blackish color I was expecting this to be (which is probably the reason why, conversely, some ppl have rated it lower than IMHO it deserves). It's a gorgeous gray metallic color that only needs ONE coat and applies evenly without streaking. Beautiful! It is kind of a dark silver/metallic blueish color which just looks gorgeous on my nw20 skin. It also konads wonderfully. I did my tips by dipping them in MAC Kitschmas pigment. Gorge! Gray and pink are such a pretty combo. I can't stop looking at my nails.

on 2/7/2010 2:34:00 PM

This color is so nice and works with all my outfits so it's great for everyday use. It goes on smoothly so I love the formula of it and it covers very nicely so no need to put on 8 layers.

on 1/29/2010 10:15:00 PM

From pictures here and elsewhere, I thought it would be a very dark, metallic charcoal color, but it's actually a medium metallic gray with a distinctly blue undertone. Nice pigmentation and I had no problems with application or wear, but it's just not what I wanted.

on 5/12/2009 12:12:00 AM

I loved Awaken when I saw it online on swatches and I ordered it, only to regret it on my first try because it seemed a little blah, not pretty like my usual nudes and reds. But after a while I noticed it looks great in all lightings. And though it's not a typical pretty polish, it's a very edgy, sexy gunmetal color and definitely very wearable.

One coat will already give you great color, but I usually do two. I didn't have a problem with streakiness. I used it with OPI's Start to Finish and didn't get any chipping even after a very active, intensive week.

on 3/12/2009 7:33:00 AM

I love this, it's a deep charcoal metallic grey. Different than anything I have worn before, and the best part is I have had this on for 4 days now and hardly any chipping. Great Product, got it at my local Sally's...

Popular Polishes