July 28, 2014 | 1294 users online

Fragrances - Annick Goutal - Musc Nomade

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by mary66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Annick Goutal has become my favourite perfume house almost overnight, thanks to the Les Orientalistes collection. Musc Nomade is perhaps my favourite of that collection. Ethereal, aloof and almost longing. As though there are no top notes or middle notes I can put my finger on. From start to finish is base notes, but it is not at all linear. A remarkable feat to produce a skin scent which actually smells like it's been embedded in the softest silk scarf or the most delicate lace gloves before you even apply it. It has the presence to appear as though it has already been warmed by a previous wearing. As though, perhaps, the scarf was blown away in a light sea breeze, to a remote and wonderous place where it lay on ancient ruins, sunning itself like a lizard. And what were the elements of the fragrance before they were placed on the silk scarf and embarked on their adventure? I imagine blue musks (no such thing, I know, but it is so aloof and regal), early morning rose, a light handed touch with amber (ambrette seeds in this case) and a hint of something tangy, almost like natural yoghurt. By the time it's been rescued from it's remoteness and transformed into Musc Nomade, it can't help but wear with beautiful sheerness and seductive confidence. Quite elusive at times. In my top 3 favourite musks and maybe the best skin scent I own....

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by gmstrack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a sad, sad day. After a long day at work, I arrived at home to find a delivered package containing Musc Nomade and Ambre Fetiche. With a wagging tail I tore open the package and eagerly applied Musc Nomade to my wrist and started huffing away. Snort. Snort. WTF? Snort. Oh no. I am not able to smell parts of this composition. The musc note is incredibly faint and I think Iím detecting ambrette, but otherwise only pale amber with a touch of chicken soup fades in and out. As such, I will refrain from rating Musc Nomade because, sob, I just canít smell it! Take my advice: do not blind buy Musc Nomade!!!!

Next day edit: OK, this is completely perplexing, but now I think I can smell the composition. The musc is almost a texture, not a discernable note. Iím finding the MN experience very subtle and almost spooky. Itís like the ghost of someoneís flesh lingers in the air, but it is difficult to really describe what that flesh smells like; itís sort of like a faded memory that keeps snuggling with you. This is hands down the creepiest review Iíve written and Iím going to stop typing now.

Two days later: Yes, I can definately smell blackberry-musc accord, but the problem is that I need to dump half the bottle on my head to detect the whole composition.

Final verdict: MN is a unique, comforting musc with an almost haunting beauty. It is, however, wimpy beyond belief.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am really surprised at the reviews for this fragrance. I find myself using this even more often than Eau D'Hadrien and Nuit D'Hadrien. It smells like a Morroccan household.
I collect Annick Goutal perfumes, but cannot stand Petit Cherie nor Le Jasmine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A little powdery, a little almondy, a little animalic, and very snuggly-wuggly. If you like warm, cozy musks, this one's a winner.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A pretty, floral musk with great longevity. Not remotely as dirty MKK.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by AbsoluteScentualist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a sensuous and hypnotic musk. I fell so hard for this after swapping for some I ran out and bought a larger bottle. It isn't squeaky clean like some of the more soapy white musks out there, doesn't exactly have MKK's carnal, "been up to naughty things" personality, but rather smells more spiritual and earthy while still managing to be an extremely seductive musk that just is without even trying. It isn't TBS's White Musk or even Body Time's Egyptian Musk. Far from those, so if that's the sort of musk you prefer, definitely try before buying. But as a lover of many musks that vary from soapy sweet to earthy, this is absolutely perfect and I hope it never gets discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Wyrmiax

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Lovely pearly musk. My husband wrinkled his nose and said, "It smells not quite clean," but he says that about any musk other than the starchiest white ones. On the dirty-to-clean musk spectrum (with 5 being filthiest and 1 the most immaculate), I'd give this a 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by chrystelica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is gorgeous. To my nose, I detect a certain fruitiness to the musk. It is a clean musk, not dirty, but there are several different layers which makes it fun and inviting. The Angelica root is what gives it the fruitiness, the ambrette seed it's "lactic" quality, according to the perfume review on Scented Salamander. It definitely has a silky milkiness, which is the best way I can describe it, on top of the layers of musk. It's quite feminine smelling on me (or womanly should I say), I am surprised to see that this is labeled as unisex. It's very sensuous, and is a perfect young mother scent. It makes sense that this is inspired by Arabic princesses who perfume their hair-- I feel like this when wearing the fragrance.

What I'm amazed by is that a lot of people are anosmic to this scent (can't smell it), or they say it is very fleeting. I STILL smelled this scent after I showered last night and woke up this morning. It was still beautiful and going strong!! It's absolutely spectacular, and I knew I would love this one just by the name. It's funny how that works. It's great, I can't wait to get a FB!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2009 3:05:00 PM More reviews by spring_pansy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised the overall rating on this scent is not higher. It has quickly moved into my top 5 scents. It is a beautiful woodsy, musky (but not *too* musky, lol) skin scent with just a bit of sweetness on me. My favorite type of scent! There's something about the woods in this that feels "clean" to me - hard to explain, not clean like laundry detergent, but clean as in spare, not cloying, streamlined. This is another of those scents that I feel can go anywhere and do anything. It becomes a part of me, and a part of my day. Wonderful!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2009 5:36:00 PM More reviews by asiawall

I really like this musk. I got in from my sister-in-law, who thought that it was too woodsy, but it works great with my chemistry, smelling feminine but not prissy. I wear it every day, and my husband likes it (he is usually averse to perfume).