September 17, 2014 | 1825 users online

Lips - Cover Girl - Lipslicks - Shimmering Sandstone

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by troo12

When I was first experimentin with lipstick, my mom gave me this one as she didn't use it. I'm not a fan of it alone, Ben though it's not nearly as bad as some of the frosty ones other brands have come out with. I like to put it on the center of my bottom lip after applying a different lipstick to provide some depth and added snazziness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very pretty baby pink color with silver glitter is how I would describe this color. On my lips it feels like a lipbalm and it is pigmented. It has SPF15 and it last about 3 hours on my lips and after I eat there are still some colors and the glitter stays on all day. If you do not like glitter do not get this. I personally like the glitter. This does have scent to it. It has that cosmetic scent that I usually smell in most cover girl and maybelline lipsticks. The price point is reasonable, I brought this for about $7 at CVS and most times I use my CVS bucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by LauderLady

I absolutely love this product and have been using it for years, before they changed its name to "Cutie." Not a huge buyer of CG, but I discovered this in high school when that was what I could afford, and it has been a staple in my makeup bag ever since! It's def more of a stick than a gloss - creamy, smooth, and not sticky! (unless you're slapping it on already chapped lips in which case, well...it's not chapstick) I personally love the color. Very baby pink with a silvery shimmer, gorgeous with smokey or darkly made up eyes. I sometimes add lip liner with it if I want to change up or darken the color. Another really nice thing is that bcuz it's so low-cost, I never worry about tossing it in my bag every time I go out bcuz if I lose it, it's easily replaceable! (though sometimes it'll be out of stock - I think this is the most popular Lipslicks color)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 10:03:00 AM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a real pretty baby pink nude w/ quite a bit of frost. I wouldnt buy again because the color doesnt work with my red hair but I could see this working for alot of other people. Feels light but creamy and is moisturizing for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2005 9:07:00 PM More reviews by drinkmoresoup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is okay. I think the color is slightly dull for my PPP skin, but it is creamy and glides on smoothly.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2004 11:59:00 PM More reviews by BHSeurogrl

I actually like this a lot, and I am not a fan of CG at all. I have 2 other colors of these and I never use those. But this one is my FAVE!!! However I could never wear this on its own sadly, but I can put it over any lip color and it looks sooo pretty and yummy. I also like how it is creamy and slightly glossy, not full on gloss. On my lips it looks very pouty, so that's a big plus in my book. And, surprisingly enough at the end of a full day w/out re-applying this, I still find it lasts (minus the moisture... but that's all right with me)

I don't like the packaging (the paper stuff is still stuck on the cap in some places) and also, as someone noted- the smell... ugh. BUT despite those complaints, I will continue to repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2003 4:16:00 AM More reviews by MirandaRawson

This is a really nice color. This is definitely more of a lipstick than a gloss, but it's definitely more creamy and smooth than any of Cover Girl's other lipsticks. I don't like the smell, kind of old grandma perfume-y.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2003 4:06:00 PM More reviews by tammykim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this although it's more of a lipstick on me than a lipgloss. It's really creamy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2003 5:58:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I've repurchased this several times so I guess it is a winner in my book =) Although CG has renamed these all more 'trendy' names, Shimmering Sandstone is now called "Cutie" I do believe..or something to that effect. It provides a sheer pink glaze on my lips with a tiny hint of frost.

I really love Lipslicks..always wishing that CG would come out with new shades or something. They're lightly moisturizing and the sheer tint of color is perfect. ..It's really one of those no fuss products that you can just slick on and go. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2002 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Cosmeticqueen

Its not on the list of my favs. but I guess its pretty. I only use it every once in a while because it makes my lips look strange. Its brings out the little lines on my lips. I think its nice, but not a high ranker on my list.