July 29, 2014 | 2034 users online

Crème - L'Oreal - True Match Super Blendable Compact Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Update (7/2014): After almost a month of near daily use, I have yet to hit pan, and I apply enough to cover a face full of rosacea. I'm using the sponge that was included so that may be a factor--if you chose to use a brush, or scoop it out and use your fingers, you may burn through it faster.

Lately, both Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour and Smashbox Studio Skin hasn't been fitting my skin as well as they used so: either the color is off or the application and coverage isn't quite right. I have started doing regular chemical peels at home, so I'm guessing my skin's texture has really changed. I've been having a hard time finding a satisfactory alternative foundation among the high-end brands. I've used the True Match liquid makeup on and off during the years, and I thought that I would give the compact makeup a try.

This is a possible HG. Coverage is buildable but never heavy, it feels weightless on my skin, the texture looks incredibly natural, and the color match is the best I've encountered in ANY foundation. It wears like a dream: I don't need powder to make it last (disclaimer: I wear primers under any product I use). In fact, sometimes adding a touch of powder makes my skin feel too dry, so I usually skip it. It comes off with no problem with the OCM and it hasn't made me break out.

It's also one of the few foundations that my skin can tolerate immediately post-peel: it doesn't irritate my newly sensitive skin. One caveat though: if you have dry skin, this foundation will do you no favors--it will just accentuate every single little flake. So be sure to exfoliate and moisturize thoroughly before applying...and if you do tend to run on the dry side, definitely skip the powder.

A heads-up: if you're picking a color based on eyeballing alone, the shades appear slightly darker in the pan than they actually are. They also tend to vary in shade from the corresponding liquid. I'm a W3 in the liquid but this formula in W3 comes off too light. But W4--which appeared too dark in the pan--is actually perfect, even though the liquid W4 is too dark on me.

I have read about people hitting pan quickly with this product, so I will see how many uses I get. Regardless, I'm repurchasing it. If I go through it fast, I'll take advantage of 50% off and BOGO sales whenever I can.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I normally wear the liquid version of this but w3 seems to be very popular and I can't locate a bottle. I figured this stuff would be great in a pinch.

This stuff has a built in mirror and sponge applicator. Its great for touching up your foundation on the go. It goes on creamy and quickly turns to a powder. You can wear it sheer or apply more for med. Coverage. A plus is the foundation.

Some not so great stuff is the amount of product. I've had this for 2 weeks and already hit the pan. I don't wear a whole lot and was surprised at how quick I used this up. Frankly, with the price you pay for so little, this stuff is expensive. In addition, though this is a cream to powder, be mindful to really blend. It can be a little streaky and too powdery.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by AmberMardina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

As with so many products, the key to success is in the application. I love this stuff, but it hasn't replaced my foundation. It HAS however replaced Benefit's boi-ing as my go to heavy duty concealer. I absolutely love it. It looks much more natural, gives full coverage and melts into my skin without being meticulously worked. How I use it: I first apply a primer, then my foundation. Next I apply this with a foundation brush on my under eye, sweeping downward over the top of my cheek and on my chin scars. Now I blend it out with my kabuki. I set it with Bare Minerals matte foundation and a translucent setting powder. Bam, all day full coverage that matches my skin tone perfectly. No oxidation with this, no melting off. It doesn't drag my skin when I apply it. I couldn't be happier. It may not be a lot of product for a foundation, but for a concealer it's unheard of. For those of you that found the shade was too light, use it as a highlighting concealer in your contouring routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Cjenai

I actually bought this stuff by mistake thinking I was buying the powder. I'd been testing out powders to set my foundation, and while this obviously wasn't what I was looking for it wasn't half bad. WARNING: this stuff does go on very light. I was positive i matched it to my skin tone perfectly (sand beige) but when I applied it I looked like a ghost face HOWEVER, blending technique is everything! I got the best results using a flat top kabuki brush and a few minutes after application I could barely tell I put anything on my face. It gave me the appearance of a smooth nearly flawless face but still looks very natural. So yes, it can appear to be caked AND chalky, IF you dont apply it correctly. But overall, I am pleased with this accidental purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by twigsonic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted something similar to Purestay or Airwear and so I decided to give this a try. I really want to like it because I like the idea of it. What I think the problem is is that when you smooth it on in one direction its a cream, but as you pass over it to blend a second later its already a powder and so the creme still on the sponge wipes through the set powder and just streaks it everywhere so that it's impossible to apply.

I just tried again after I wrote that. It seems the only way for to semi successfully apply it is to use super short down swipes all going in the same direction and in places like my nose, to almost stipple it on with the sponge. I'll update this in a couple hours to review whether its slid off or formed patches as other makeups with this consistency have done to me before.

20 minutes in....I just touched my nose and the makeup came off. I can't use setting powders because makeup tends to migrate and form patches underneath them on me. But this is a creme to powder yet it has no staying power.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:02:00 AM More reviews by Seri15

I bought the one in shade "Natural beige" or " W4". My skin tone is light so my real shade would probably be around light ivory but i got a darker shade on purpose to use as a contour kinda thing... It's not bad but it had this weird orangey color...
That's my only complaint really.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

Not bad for a cream to powder makeup - the shade I chose is neutral (soft Ivory) and the shade is pretty spot on in terms of neutrality (not pink not quite yellow) no orange to speak of and the finish is smooth and porcelain-doll like. A bit thick for my liking but I bought this knowing I wanted a full coverage for formal events - usually I like BB creams and low coverage foundations. Does cling a bit to pores/dry patches but not as bad as others I have tried in the past but exfoliation before applying and good moisturising and priming will solve that issue. Do be prepared to touch up during the day as this is not a long wearing makeup (cream to powders generally aren't) Overall a great compact makeup for the price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Totally disgusted with this product. I'm not sure why all the colours apply so much lighter than the True Match liquid foundations. I bought this in W3 (same as I wear in True Match liquid foundation) and it looks so chalky and pasty on my skin I can't imagine how awful the different colours would look on lighter skin tones, or how ashy on darker skin. It's even hard to get out of the pan, all dry and hard, makes me ill just thinking about it.

I'm not looking for a lot of coverage but I want something that feels comfortable to wear and looks natural. This feels unpleasant, looks greasy yet is drying on my combination skin. Not creamy at all like other cream foundations I've tried. . . NARS Radiant cream make-up or Revlon cream make-up. This literally attaches itself to every dry patch or pore, and this is after moisturising. It's difficult to blend because the formula is almost wax-like. Very patchy as well - I put this on with a brush and it was streaky and looked horrible. I tried with a sponge and it was still streaky, and formed patches of mismatched colour on my face. I tried blending with different brushes, sponges, damp sponges etc and no luck. Also tried with and without primers, using a hydrating mist. . you name it. Results were always hideous, not natural looking at all. I guess the only good thing is if it does suit your skin it's convenient to travel with because of the small compact and mirror.

Maybe this would work better for very oily skin, will likely return this.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by nathanki

This cream foundation settles into my lines. I bought this in cool tone since i am NC25. I noticed that it is very very pinkish color for a cool tone. It lasts for about 6 hours. I have oily T-zone so i have to blot it frequently. Wouldn't reccommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 2:20:00 PM More reviews by antynette

My mom had bought this off of a friend who worked for L'oreal and she gave it to me thinking maybe I'd like it. Honestly, I love the way this glides on, doesn't look like a mask, matches my skin (I'm usually a warm tone in true match but I got away with n6 because of the way it blended into my skin) and the natural finish. The lasting power isn't amazing, I think I can get like 5 to 6 hours off of it, which I don't mind for a regular day. It makes my skin look natural but flawless due to it's medium coverage. HOWEVER, what the hell is up with the amount of product in this thing. I got my compact sometime maybe 6 months ago and I used it maybe 5 times, stopped using it due to just buying more foundations because I'm a junkie and went back to it just recently. I've used it a total of maybe 7 TO 8 applications and I HIT PAN. ARE YOU KIDDING. I don't cake my face up and with any other cream foundation I own it's taken a lot more to hit pan, as well my liquid foundations last a lot longer. But when I looked at the product it contains I'm like THIS STUFF IS RETAILED FOR 13 DOLLARS (shoppers drug mart prices may be cheaper at wal mart, I'm a Canadian girl) WITH .3 OZ YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. Another cream one I own is the dream smooth mousse, which I'm not a fan of but that one has like .6 DOUBLE THE PRODUCT and most liquids you find have 1 oz, with about the same price point. I love it, I'll keep using it, and I'm glad that my mom can get this for about 3 dollars with her friend at L'oreal or else I would not buy this again.