November 23, 2014 | 1543 users online

Crème - L'Oreal - True Match Super Blendable Compact Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by RadioPrincess

To give you an idea of my skin- it's combination and I have a yellow/light tan complexion (Asian). This foundation blends easily to my skin and doesn't give me that super pink undertone or orange tone that most foundations make. The foundation has a creamy paste feeling and is like clay on the skin. It doesn't smell but the coverage is light and it will cling like crazy to any dry patches and wrinkles! The foundation itself gives you the appearance of dry skin and no matter what shade you choose- it has an almost white sheen to it. It is probably due to the SPF but it definitely looks lighter on skin than on the packaging. To apply- I used the sponge applicator it came with and I find that it works best with the given applicator than a brush or separate sponge. I wouldn't repurchase but it comes in handy as a last minute concealer.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by MsBeagle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

No no no. No. Just no. Bought this by accident instead of powder, thought I might be able to make it work. Oh God. I'm amazed if anyone can. I can match to w3 in the paler months, and while this was w3, it was pasty ghost white with a grayish cast. It magnified every pore. It made me look like I had patchy dry skin - and I don't; i'm pretty oily and supple, actually. It felt so silky and smooth on my finger when I tested it for feel and tried on the back of my hand, but skidded over my face, was uneven and made me look straight ugly. I'm returning this crap so fast. One user said it was all in the application- I tried fingers, Kabuki, and applicator, and in a minute I wanted it off my face and refuse to work for half ass coverage and a terrible appearance. Nope. I love my L'oreal foundations so I initially had faith, but L'oreal DROPPED THE BALL here, big time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Update (8/2014): Holy oxidation, Batman! For whatever reason, this foundation--which I still have a good amount left of, BTW--has decided to start oxidizing like mad. W4 went from a perfect match to turning way too orange after application, no matter what primer I layer it over. I don't know if it's some change in my skin or if it's because the compact has been open more than month...anyhow, W4 has suddenly become unwearable and I've marked it down 2 lippies.

Ironically, my W3--opened EARLIER than the W4 was--remains just a bit too light and doesn't really oxidize. I guess I will keep searching for that foundation Holy Grail...

Update (7/2014): After almost a month of near daily use, I have yet to hit pan, and I apply enough to cover a face full of rosacea. I'm using the sponge that was included so that may be a factor--if you chose to use a brush, or scoop it out and use your fingers, you may burn through it faster.

*******************************

Lately, both Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour and Smashbox Studio Skin hasn't been fitting my skin as well as they used so: either the color is off or the application and coverage isn't quite right. I have started doing regular chemical peels at home, so I'm guessing my skin's texture has really changed. I've been having a hard time finding a satisfactory alternative foundation among the high-end brands. I've used the True Match liquid makeup on and off during the years, and I thought that I would give the compact makeup a try.

This is a possible HG. Coverage is buildable but never heavy, it feels weightless on my skin, the texture looks incredibly natural, and the color match is the best I've encountered in ANY foundation. It wears like a dream: I don't need powder to make it last (disclaimer: I wear primers under any product I use). In fact, sometimes adding a touch of powder makes my skin feel too dry, so I usually skip it. It comes off with no problem with the OCM and it hasn't made me break out.

It's also one of the few foundations that my skin can tolerate immediately post-peel: it doesn't irritate my newly sensitive skin. One caveat though: if you have dry skin, this foundation will do you no favors--it will just accentuate every single little flake. So be sure to exfoliate and moisturize thoroughly before applying...and if you do tend to run on the dry side, definitely skip the powder.

A heads-up: if you're picking a color based on eyeballing alone, the shades appear slightly darker in the pan than they actually are. They also tend to vary in shade from the corresponding liquid. I'm a W3 in the liquid but this formula in W3 comes off too light. But W4--which appeared too dark in the pan--is actually perfect, even though the liquid W4 is too dark on me.

I have read about people hitting pan quickly with this product, so I will see how many uses I get. Regardless, I'm repurchasing it. If I go through it fast, I'll take advantage of 50% off and BOGO sales whenever I can.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I normally wear the liquid version of this but w3 seems to be very popular and I can't locate a bottle. I figured this stuff would be great in a pinch.

This stuff has a built in mirror and sponge applicator. Its great for touching up your foundation on the go. It goes on creamy and quickly turns to a powder. You can wear it sheer or apply more for med. Coverage. A plus is the foundation.

Some not so great stuff is the amount of product. I've had this for 2 weeks and already hit the pan. I don't wear a whole lot and was surprised at how quick I used this up. Frankly, with the price you pay for so little, this stuff is expensive. In addition, though this is a cream to powder, be mindful to really blend. It can be a little streaky and too powdery.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by AmberMardina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

As with so many products, the key to success is in the application. I love this stuff, but it hasn't replaced my foundation. It HAS however replaced Benefit's boi-ing as my go to heavy duty concealer. I absolutely love it. It looks much more natural, gives full coverage and melts into my skin without being meticulously worked. How I use it: I first apply a primer, then my foundation. Next I apply this with a foundation brush on my under eye, sweeping downward over the top of my cheek and on my chin scars. Now I blend it out with my kabuki. I set it with Bare Minerals matte foundation and a translucent setting powder. Bam, all day full coverage that matches my skin tone perfectly. No oxidation with this, no melting off. It doesn't drag my skin when I apply it. I couldn't be happier. It may not be a lot of product for a foundation, but for a concealer it's unheard of. For those of you that found the shade was too light, use it as a highlighting concealer in your contouring routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Cjenai

I actually bought this stuff by mistake thinking I was buying the powder. I'd been testing out powders to set my foundation, and while this obviously wasn't what I was looking for it wasn't half bad. WARNING: this stuff does go on very light. I was positive i matched it to my skin tone perfectly (sand beige) but when I applied it I looked like a ghost face HOWEVER, blending technique is everything! I got the best results using a flat top kabuki brush and a few minutes after application I could barely tell I put anything on my face. It gave me the appearance of a smooth nearly flawless face but still looks very natural. So yes, it can appear to be caked AND chalky, IF you dont apply it correctly. But overall, I am pleased with this accidental purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by twigsonic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted something similar to Purestay or Airwear and so I decided to give this a try. I really want to like it because I like the idea of it. What I think the problem is is that when you smooth it on in one direction its a cream, but as you pass over it to blend a second later its already a powder and so the creme still on the sponge wipes through the set powder and just streaks it everywhere so that it's impossible to apply.

I just tried again after I wrote that. It seems the only way for to semi successfully apply it is to use super short down swipes all going in the same direction and in places like my nose, to almost stipple it on with the sponge. I'll update this in a couple hours to review whether its slid off or formed patches as other makeups with this consistency have done to me before.

20 minutes in....I just touched my nose and the makeup came off. I can't use setting powders because makeup tends to migrate and form patches underneath them on me. But this is a creme to powder yet it has no staying power.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:02:00 AM More reviews by Seri15

I bought the one in shade "Natural beige" or " W4". My skin tone is light so my real shade would probably be around light ivory but i got a darker shade on purpose to use as a contour kinda thing... It's not bad but it had this weird orangey color...
That's my only complaint really.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

Not bad for a cream to powder makeup - the shade I chose is neutral (soft Ivory) and the shade is pretty spot on in terms of neutrality (not pink not quite yellow) no orange to speak of and the finish is smooth and porcelain-doll like. A bit thick for my liking but I bought this knowing I wanted a full coverage for formal events - usually I like BB creams and low coverage foundations. Does cling a bit to pores/dry patches but not as bad as others I have tried in the past but exfoliation before applying and good moisturising and priming will solve that issue. Do be prepared to touch up during the day as this is not a long wearing makeup (cream to powders generally aren't) Overall a great compact makeup for the price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 8:15:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Totally disgusted with this product. I'm not sure why all the colours apply so much lighter than the True Match liquid foundations. I bought this in W3 (same as I wear in True Match liquid foundation) and it looks so chalky and pasty on my skin I can't imagine how awful the different colours would look on lighter skin tones, or how ashy on darker skin. It's even hard to get out of the pan, all dry and hard, makes me ill just thinking about it.

I'm not looking for a lot of coverage but I want something that feels comfortable to wear and looks natural. This feels unpleasant, looks greasy yet is drying on my combination skin. Not creamy at all like other cream foundations I've tried. . . NARS Radiant cream make-up or Revlon cream make-up. This literally attaches itself to every dry patch or pore, and this is after moisturising. It's difficult to blend because the formula is almost wax-like. Very patchy as well - I put this on with a brush and it was streaky and looked horrible. I tried with a sponge and it was still streaky, and formed patches of mismatched colour on my face. I tried blending with different brushes, sponges, damp sponges etc and no luck. Also tried with and without primers, using a hydrating mist. . you name it. Results were always hideous, not natural looking at all. I guess the only good thing is if it does suit your skin it's convenient to travel with because of the small compact and mirror.

Maybe this would work better for very oily skin, will likely return this.