L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Compact Makeup

2.9

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5%) Inactive Ingredients: Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Nylon 12, Hydrogenated Jojoba Esters, Vinyl Dimethicone, Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Lauroyl Lysine, Aluminum Hydroxide, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Barium Sulfate, Iron Oxides, Mica, FIL (b32396)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Didn't like this at all.

It was not super blendable as it claims on the package. Instead it just sat on my skin, obvious that i was wearing makeup. It enhanced the tiniest of dry patches (and I'm combo to oily skin) I had on my face and the coloring was much lighter than what it looked inside the compact. I had to pack on bronzer to make it less noticeable.

The packaging is nothing special but it's at least sturdy and has a separate compartment with a mirror and sponge.

I used to love the True Match liquid fdtn and thought this would be just as good but I was wrong.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I rather liked this. It isn't amazing, but it definitely is above average and the price when it goes on sale is great. It has a dry texture. When I think of a cream to powder I think of something a little more creamy. This is not. It is almost like a powder with some emollience to it. Hard to describe. It doesn't make me break out which is a major plus for my acne prone skin. It wears pretty good. Has a build-able coverage to it. Doesn't leave me oily and has a matte finish. I tend to get pretty oily with a lot of foundations making me look like an oil slick after a while. This one was rather nice. I would have liked it to be a little more creamy and have more glide while applying, but then it might have not have had as matte of a finish if it did? I also want there to be a 2.5 shade option and not just a 2 and 3. I truly am a 2.5, but 3 works and I don't mind looking a little tan. All in all this is a great formulation for a foundation that is quick and easy to use, gives a matte finish and is above average with spf. I should note this is not a powder. Update: After using it a couple of days it does help contribute to my acne prone skin breaking. Not good for acne prone skin. Remove 1 lippie. Still better then average though.

A lot of reviewers are writing this is a powder and I think they are accidentally reviewing the wrong product. This is in fact a cream to powder foundation and not to be confused with True Match Powder (completely different product).

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is horrible honestly.
Maybe it's the talc?
I find powder with talc don't do anything for oily skin.
I'm oily, and this stuff ha to be reapplied constantly.
It also oxidized like crazy.
I had the shade W4 and at first it matched but then after about an hour it looked like a W6-W7 which I know how that looks cause I used to use that color liquid foundation.
This stuff also makes my pores look larger and creased a lot around the smile lines

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this in the very lightest shade (porcelain) to match my super fair skin. It looked fine in the package, but went on incredibly white. I might have been willing to experiment with a darker shade if the texture had been better, but this foundation didn't seem to blend well at all. Instead of sinking into the skin, it just sat on top. It also brought out every line and pore. A total waste of money.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love powder/compact foundations, I just find them easier to apply. I picked this up at Big Lots in the color C2 for $4.50.

I'm pale, but this stuff applies Kabuki white. It does oxidize a wee bit darker over time, but, this stuff never sinks in. It's almost unblendable. I've tried the included sponge, a brush and my fingers. It just smears around your face.

That being said, wear time is not great, it looks cakey and blotchy.

Now I know why it landed at Big Lots.

I'm going back to my Covergirl Compact Make-up.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

I bought this after a long search to replace my HG (sadly discontinued!) Smashbox Camera Ready Cream foundation. I wanted a cream-to-powder compact formula because it's much easier to travel with than liquids and is happier on my combination skin. It took a looonggg time to find any brand foundation in the right shade for my light peach skin tone. Most are either too neutral beige-ashy or too pink. The drugstores that sell this here don't have testers, just garish overhead light and "color cards" that are shiny, streaky, and faded, so it takes a while to figure out a good match. I finally chose W3, and it works pretty well for me. I adjust with bronzer in the summer.

L'Oreal Super Blendable gives lighter coverage than my lamented Smashbox, so it takes more layering to cover my reddish spots. It does blend well; I apply it with the included sponge, then blend in edges or dab on extra with a concealer brush. It does not set up as long-lasting as long as Smashbox, wears off in hot weather, rubs off on tissue when I blow my nose. So not a perfect substitute, but better than other current choices. It's nearly the same price per ounce though! At least the compact and sponge is a much better package!

I also apply Super Blendable with a small firm brush as an eyelid primer/highlighter, then immediately brush a light layer of beige powder eyeshadow over it, and let it set. This lasts most of the day unless weather is very hot and humid.

I'd buy L'Oreal Super Blendable again until Smashbox comes to their senses and resurrects Camera Ready.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This is my holy grail of powders. I always need to put a setting powder because of my oily skin and I was fishy on trying this out because I'm more of a translucent powder user. I got the shade w4. W4 is more of a warm yellow than the liquid foundation. Like the other reviews people use this powder alone because it is a powdered foundation, I use it with a liquid foundation. The coverage alone without a liquid foundation does not cover well on me. It's more of a light coverage and it also makes my skin look dry. I recommend using this with a foundation for more coverage but take note that this powder has color and it is going to cover whatever foundation shade you put on. So make sure you get the right shade. Lasts about 7 hours on me before I start to look oily. Also some people use this as a bronzer and it is the best. It's best to use a stippling brush or a kabuki brush for this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This isn't the best but not the worst. I understand the negative reviews but for me it personally works. I use this in place of liquids because it's easy and fast. Blending does take some time but I figure since it's a cream it's ok to pat over the skin to get a decent look. It can look cakey if you go overboard but I have yet to come across a foundation that wouldn't get that way after applying such a thick layer. I love the way this feels...barely there which is amazing since I wear eyeglasses on the daily and most liquid foundations rub off onto them and make me feel as if my makeup is sliding off with it. I got the color W3 Nude Beige which is perfect seeing as for my light-medium skin tone I am a Nude something in most drugstore foundations. Doesn't leave a white cast despite the SPF that most reviewers say they got so I must be lucky! Regarding that, I do wish this foundation came w/o the SPF since I like being able to manage for myself when I do and don't wear sunscreen but it's a small thing to overlook. The coverage is on the lighter side of medium and evens out the ski tone very well which I find to be perfect for a daily look even though I have large pores, tons of cystic acne and dry skin. This foundation does cling to dry patches but once you let it set for a little while it softens up and actually gives you a very healthy glow which most oily girls would considered greasy but as I always say, the skin is never completely matte so don't try to make it that way. That's one way to ensure you look dead and not fresh at all. This was a bit pricy at $12 but seeing as I don't use much of this it should last me a decent amount of time. I would repurchase just for the convenience of a daily foundation. And hello it's in a compact with a sponge and mirror, perfect for on the go!

To give you an idea of my skin- it's combination and I have a yellow/light tan complexion (Asian). This foundation blends easily to my skin and doesn't give me that super pink undertone or orange tone that most foundations make. The foundation has a creamy paste feeling and is like clay on the skin. It doesn't smell but the coverage is light and it will cling like crazy to any dry patches and wrinkles! The foundation itself gives you the appearance of dry skin and no matter what shade you choose- it has an almost white sheen to it. It is probably due to the SPF but it definitely looks lighter on skin than on the packaging. To apply- I used the sponge applicator it came with and I find that it works best with the given applicator than a brush or separate sponge. I wouldn't repurchase but it comes in handy as a last minute concealer.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

No no no. No. Just no. Bought this by accident instead of powder, thought I might be able to make it work. Oh God. I'm amazed if anyone can. I can match to w3 in the paler months, and while this was w3, it was pasty ghost white with a grayish cast. It magnified every pore. It made me look like I had patchy dry skin - and I don't; i'm pretty oily and supple, actually. It felt so silky and smooth on my finger when I tested it for feel and tried on the back of my hand, but skidded over my face, was uneven and made me look straight ugly. I'm returning this crap so fast. One user said it was all in the application- I tried fingers, Kabuki, and applicator, and in a minute I wanted it off my face and refuse to work for half ass coverage and a terrible appearance. Nope. I love my L'oreal foundations so I initially had faith, but L'oreal DROPPED THE BALL here, big time.