Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer

4.5

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I rarely ever give products for the face glowing reviews. I am usually on the fence about the product for a while before I either get rid of it or grow to love it. I loved this product instantly, and will probably purchase this forever!
My skin: NC30, normal skin type
My uses for the product: defining/light contouring, natural darkening of skin
The product: shows up as a greyish brown when swatched on my hand, but looks warmer on the skin. Previously I had used this limited edition MAC bronzer that had strong golden undertones. I realized recently as I was finishing it up that it was a little orange looking at times and did NOT work as a defining product powder. At best it worked as a blush. I use this on my face either on my cheekbones or under it. It is marketed as a bronzer but it works as a contour for warmer tones. Looks natural and gives a warm, well-made up face look with minimal effort because it's so blendable. It smells good but not too strong. Lasted about 11 hours with Urban Decay setting spray

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my HG bronzer for contouring. It's not orange at all so you can use it to contour or just as an all over bronzer. I love how it smells like chocolate and its really hard to over do it so you don't have to super careful when applying. I will purchase this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this bronzer. It suits my skin perfectly, it warms it up, it lasts all day, looks natural and it is very flattering. It also smells amazinggg!

Pros:
1. Wonderful matte bronzer
2. Boosts the mood with its chocolatey scent
3. Comes with a full sized mirror
4. Cute golden packaging. It's sturdy too!
5. Great bronzer shade for a NC 35.

Cons:
1. Quite expensive

Overall: If you're a sucker for bronzer, this is totally worth the splurge!

this product it's awesome so pigmented and so nice smell!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Holygrail product! I have this & the milk chocolate! I will continue to repruchase this as long as another one comes far greater than this. I mean seriously, need I say more this product is LOVE!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Oh yes, this is my HG bronzer now.

I've tried quite a few bronzers by this point, and pretty much always ran into one of two problems: it was either too orange, or too dark on my fair skin. Or both.

I'd had my eye on this bronzer for some time, and finally my husband bought it for me as a gift.

I got the Milk Chocolate shade, and it is perfect. It is a very, very light brown with no orange in it, and the powder is sheer enough that I can build it up, should I decide to. It smells like chocolate, too, but unforunately, I'm one of those crazies who hates chocolate so that is not a plus for me. Still, it's the best damn bronzer I've ever used and I am never going back. Pale girls, give this stuff a try!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My new Holy Grail for a Matte powder contour. Holy Moly that's all I can say. I use the Dark Chocolate bronzer and it smells delicious but it is the best I have used to date. I'm all about bargaining and I have to say E.L.F has a matte bronzer that could potentially be a dupe but the powder on the Too Faced Dark Chocolate bronzer is so much more finely milled and glides on so nicely given that perfect chiseled Adele contour. I use the Younique Beachfront bronzer on top if I want a shimmer but I'm in love with this bronzer. I have already ordered one for my daughter and will definitely purchase again. Way to go Too Faced. The original Chocolate Solei wasn't quite dark enough for my tan Hispanic skin tones even though I fall on the lighter side it just wasn't deep enough. Problem solved with Dark Chocolate. Definitely worth the price.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got this in the sample size from Sephora as a 100 point perk. I was looking for something to replace my beloved Cover Girl TruBlend Minerals Powder in Tawny which is my ideal contouring/bronzing powder for my olive/yellow under-toned light skin. This comes close. It's very pigmented and a little goes a long way. The scent is exactly like the hot chocolate packets with marshmallows! Delicious. I'll probably buy full size if I can't find a better dupe for my CG Minerals in Tawny.

My ultimate HG bronzer! I got two things to say about this product.

First, the packaging. I bought the travel size since I was a bit skeptical at first, but even that has a really pretty packaging. The mirror might be a bit small, but it'll do. The outer packaging is black compact with golden linings on it, very pretty. Second, the formula. Oh my God, this bronzer smells like chocolate chip cookies and I just want to eat it up! On the palette it looks completely matte, and it doesn't look muddy or orangey or dirty on the cheeks. I use the Real Techniques contour brush from their core collection and lemme just say, the bronzer looks BEAUTIFUL on my cheeks and it gives that Blake Lively-ish sunkissed look without making you seem overtanned. You can also do a soft contour with this bronzer if you're inclined.

I've hit pan on this bronzer and I'm deffo really sad :( I'm definitely going to buy another when I run out sometime soon.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder- Review and Comparison to NARS Laguna by Lindsey Rose