Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

4.5

on 7/19/2015 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This goes on VERY patchy on me, I really have to blend like crazy, or it looks spottie.
not worth all the hype IMO, I going to try LM or Laura Geller

on 7/13/2015 8:01:00 AM

Best bronzer ever!! Beautiful for an all over bronze. The texture is amazing, blends well and melts like butter into the skin. I must say it does cling a little to my dry patches, but I'm yet to find a bronzer that doesn't. It smells amazing and the packaging is gorgeous. On my fair skin I can use this for contouring, but for a strong contour I use the dark choc bronzer. Love this

on 7/13/2015 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have the medium/deep bronzer, and am very fair skinned with yellow undertones. At first glance I thought it would be too red, but upon application, is just right. I don't look burned, but gently sun-kissed. No glitter, truly matte. Lasts fairly long throughout the day.

I immediately smelled cocoa when I opened it; not overpowering, just a graceful touch. Very nice.

The packaging is beautiful and sturdy- I have the pictured gold compact... Just do not try to abruptly open it to a 180 angle because it doesn't open that far, though still enough that it's no problem.

Somewhat pricey, but I'm assured this product will last a long time. I recommend this and would def purchase it again.

on 7/5/2015 12:21:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

After searching for many years, I have found my HG of bronzers.
I have LLL/MMM yellow undertoned skin (ie. Nc20-25 in Mac terms) and tried both this and the Milk Chocolate shades. This regular Chocolate was better as it showed up on me in just the right way without having to layer it on.
The color is a simple brown with no orange or red or shimmer.
So I use it in the classic "3" with a fluffy brush. It is great as both contour and bronzer as it is neither too golden nor too cool.
Best $30 I ever spent at Sephora!

on 7/2/2015 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product based on the recommendations that other reviewers who had similar skin tones (NC30-35) bought this product and worked well for them. This works well as a contour color (which is what I use it for). The color does show up on my skin tone, but not as dark as other contour shades I've tried, which is OK because sometimes I'm darker in the summer months and need a lighter darker contouring shade. In terms of packaging, definitely not a travel friendly bronzer. It is very chunky but the design is very cute and girly. It is a snap-close type of package in gold color. The product is matte and no ounce of shimmer in it. As the title is, it is a chocolate color and would work well for paler skin tones too. Also, there is the hint of chocolate smell to it that most people love (or hate?). It does smell quite yummy though, I have to admit. Pigmentation is pretty decent. I apply this to the contour of my cheeks, occasionally on my nose contour and hair line area. It does last quite a few hours, but never timed it to see how long it would last for as I seem to develop my color throughout the day naturally. (I guess waking up I look pretty dead). My skin did not react to this product despite my sensitive skin. I would recommend this product but probably would not repurchase as there's so many contour shades out on the market to stick to one. :)

on 6/25/2015 2:22:00 PM

BEST. MATTE. BRONZER. EVER.

period. :)

on 6/24/2015 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This smells and tastes amazing like chocolate, if your wondering how i know that it tastes good particles of powder got into to my mouth :D
the product itself is really good, probably woun't be the best option for really fair skin as the bronzer is on the darker side so id suggest going for the milk chocolate one,(wiTch ive ordered and ill do a review on it aswell)

on 5/26/2015 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a perfect contouring powder. No unnecessary shimmer (You're contouring with a bronzer generally, why would you want the opposite effect (shimmering highlight) of what you're trying to achieve?) Overpriced for what it is. The chocolate scent is unnecessary, although delicious when applying, ultimately a waste and a money grab...not to mention chemicals that are unnecessary and can most likely contribute to breakouts. I'd repurchase this overpriced product simply because there's not enough completely matte decent-coloured contouring powders out there.

on 5/20/2015 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

im nc25. i love this for contouring. it blends so easily and is a great colour on me.i use it almost every day. theres so much product

on 5/12/2015 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

meh, i am NC42 yellow undertones and this left my face looking kinda dirty imo. i tried it on my cheeks-can't see anything. i tried to contour, looked dirty. it smells wonderfully chocolatey and goes on smooth but does not work for me. it looks great on the eyelids though! lol

Popular Bronzers

HOOLA
HOOLA
Chocolate Soleil
Chocolate Soleil
Laguna
Laguna

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder- Review and Comparison to NARS Laguna by Lindsey Rose