Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

4.5

on 4/16/2015 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I reeeally don't like this. It results in a muddy and ugly effect --unless I have fake tanned my face-- and even THEN no matter how light i go, or which brush i use, it never ever looks good. It looks very fake and orange. I have seen other ppl use this and keep my fat mouth shut but IMO everyone looks awful with this. It just looks like dirt, not fresh/healthy/contoured depending on how it is used.. I have tons of bronzers and this is the only one I always look bad in. I tend to tone it down with extra face powder just to try and make it look decent. This is the only too faced bronzer that i could not take a liking to. Does not blend as well as the other Too faced bronzers do. The powder goes everywhere, too. The two stars are because most ppl seem to like it so it's possible that my taste is very solitary, the other star is because technically ut is quite finely milled etc--it's just a nasty colour n the powder prefers to stick rather than blend.

on 4/14/2015 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I lurrrrrvvveee this bronzer! I bought the "Sex & Chocolate" set from Sephora; great way to spend $15 bucks! This is not orange at all nor a shimmery glitter bomb. I wasn't sure exactly what I was expecting for USD$15 (not a lot obvs!), but this is gr8. I got the bronzer & Better Than Sex mascara both mini's but u still get a lot of product although I have a feeling I will be using this a lot. This bronzer smells so yummy! (FWIW the mascara is also a good product). This doesn't make me shiny (I am the oiliest of the oilies ever), it is gr8 for contour OR bronzer purposes to give ur face some warmth & glow w/o a whole bunch of glitter which imo glitter can look kinda a hot mess on ppl who tend to get shiny/greasy/need-to-blot-constantly like myself. I am so happy I bought this, plus I am VIB Rouge for 2016 now!! I don't know how much a full sized TF bronzer retails for (not cheap!), but this is so much better than my old NYC Sunny. After I finish this i will need to decide Benefit Hoola vs. this but atm I am one very happy customer. I thought the packaging was a little lacking (it's in flimsy cardboard not a plastic compact), but what it lacks in packaging glitz is made up for by the quality of the product inside 4 sure. Like I said I wasn't sure what to expect for such a bargain! I don't have a lot of TF makeup I've only ever had the mascara but now my interest is piqued in getting one or both of the chocolate bars finances ever permitting but idk which 1 lol so hence why I need both. I already have Benefit Hoola in a blusher palette (xmas set promo), i think I need a full size of this lol ("money ain't gonna spend itself"), the wonderful aroma alone is reason enough to buy this over Hoola! I'm a TF convert :) :) :)

on 4/13/2015 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

It is matte and doesn't go too orange on me like most bronzers do. I use it for daily, light contouring/bronzing, nothing too heavy. On special occasions and nights out, I use my Anastasia contour palette. This was actually a deluxe sample size from Sephora but it lasted me over a year. I personally didn't notice a strong chocolate smell until late in the hitting pan stage, unlike the YouTube beauty gurus all gush about, but it was very nice when it happened.

on 4/13/2015 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This review is based on a mini size that came in their Beauty Blogger Darlings, which also included a mini primed and poreless, shadow insurance and better than sex mascara.

I love this bronzer. I only recently learned how to properly apply bronzer, I've found that having an angled blush brush with soft bristles really helps (my favorite one of the moment is the Luxie 504 brush). I start out with a light application, in a circular motion going from the the hollows of my cheeks to my temples and then down my jawline and neck. I build it up until I'm comfortable with the color, and then apply my blush.

When I'm done with this mini size, I will def purchase the full size bronzer.

on 4/6/2015 4:22:00 PM

I have about 5 bronzers but I always go to this one first. It's a great colour, goes on really well and of course it smells nice. It's not orange at all on me and gives a healthy warm tone to my skin. I had it as a present and it's quite expensive but I would definitely buy this myself.

on 4/3/2015 7:07:00 PM

I got this in the "tan without the twinkle" set which came with a really nice flatbuki brush. But this bronzer was really disappointing! I really can't believe all the good reviews. It's hard to blend and gives a muddy color. I didn't like contouring with it because it just looked so dark compared to the rest of my face. Really glad I only got the small version of this and not the full size.
Plus, the chocolate smell got old fast. Like why would you want your makeup to smell like food anyway?

on 3/25/2015 6:02:00 PM

This and the milk chocolate soleil bronzers are addictive! They smell sooo good that I can't stop reapplying. This one makes a great contour shade as it is decently neutral, the milk chocolate is better as a straight bronzer though, as it warms up my very fair skin.

on 3/22/2015 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received this as a sample from Sephora almost 5 months ago and I still have a lot left. It smells amazing and the color works perfectly even with my light skin tone during the winter. It lasts almost all day also. The only thing is that it is a little pricey but I guess you get what you paid for. I didn't have to pay for it though at least but I definitely will once I run out.

Finally purchased my very first bronzer and I couldn't be more happy with it. I have a pretty fair skin tone and this works perfectly to give me that natural bronze. The packaging is great and I can tell that it will last a long time. Smells great and hasn't broken me out. Great for my oily complexion.

on 3/5/2015 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I first got my hands on this bronzer I fell in LOVE. I used it everyday because it was the first matte bronzer that stayed on ALL day! It smells delicious too. The only thing is it made me break out! :( I was so devastated!! I will risk it on special occasions but not for my everyday use.

Popular Bronzers

HOOLA
Chocolate Soleil
Laguna
Bahama Mama

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder- Review and Comparison to NARS Laguna by Lindsey Rose