July 29, 2014 | 1558 users online

rated 5.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2009 5:20:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this on discount at Ulta. I'm OCDish when it comes to shopping and I had a gift card. I had 3 bucks left and this was 3 bucks. I love the brand and the color looked pretty and the name was cute. I figured I would like this just fine but it ended up just totally blowing me away! Tabloid is a drop dead sexy bright 50's movie star red cream. No shimmer or glitter here, just retro bombshell red laquer goodness. This is really flattering against pale skin and looks especially good as a pedicure color. I am more of a pinks and French type of girls when it comes to my nails but I seriously am in love with this color. I'm actually not a big fan of red lips or nails, I think they tend to be so cliche and old fashioned to be sexy but Tabloid is hot hot hot and I don't feel like I'm in costume when wearing it. The CNDs I have tried before have always been awesome in terms of color and application but all of them have been glitters or shimmers. So the cream was a bit gifferent for me and no, it did not disappoint. No streaks at all the the texture of the polish was just right, not too thin or too thick. Now I did say red polish is not my perferred choice but I am a polish junkie so I have a huge stash and my favorite reds (beside this) are OPI My Chihuahua Bites (similar to Tabloid but more of a reddish coral) and OPI Girls Just Want To Play (very similar to Tabloid but slightly darker than it and with less orange tones). I would say color wise this is right in between those 2. Anyway, this is an awesome color that wears well and is inexpensive but looks like a million bucks.