Pacifica Mediterranean Fig

3.9

organic cocos nucifera wax (coconut wax), organic glycine soja wax (soy wax), parfum (Pacifica’s own perfume blend with natural and essential oils), prunus armeniaca wax (apricot wax), caprylic/capric triglyceride (coconut source). No parabens, animal testing, animal ingredients or artificial colors. 100% VEGAN and Gluten-free.

on 1/16/2015 10:18:00 PM

A bit too sweet, but it's pleasant, likeable and straightforward. Whole foods carries the Pacifica line, so it's very convenient. I bought it to layer with other things and then forgot about it for a while.

With pacifica, I prefer the rollerball format to the spray (I have the spray in this particular flavor) I dislike sillage and it's a strong scent.

I don't recommend the lemon (artificial, though my skin chemistry does have issues with rendering citrus too candied or plastic) or the blood orange flavor (too sweet, but would be good to gift to someone who like modern sweet scents.

Sometimes I layer this with a dab of Lalique Encre noire, a dark unsweetened vetiver tinged with citrus to tone down the sweetness and add some depth. I have also layered. Pacifica fig with Voleur de roses.

A pleasant change from my usual vintage and/or niche fragrances.

on 3/2/2014 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have the roll-on version of this fragrance and I like the smell very much, BUT it last only for about half an hour and then it is gone, such a shame! I don't know if the spray fragrance has more staying power, but I am afraid to try.

on 9/12/2013 2:49:00 PM

I have the spray fragrance and I think it's too powdery. It has good staying power but I don't smell the fig just powder. I will use it up maybe mixed with another fragrance, but will not buy again.

on 8/29/2013 9:51:00 AM

I know scent is person to person. I hear great things but to me, this scent is too musty and woodsy. hopefully I'll like it better in the fall.

on 7/25/2013 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

On the box of my Mediterranean Fig roller-ball perfume (purchased at Whole Foods), it says "Fig, Sandalwood, and Oakmoss notes". And on Fragrantica.com, it says, "The fragrance features fig, palm leaf, cyclamen, moss, clove, and sandalwood."

Such a light earthy & sensual scent -- reminds me of early evening in September, October, or November. Quiet and serene, melting deliciously into skin. I picture leaves on the ground, wearing tan suede & plaids.

Mediterranean Fig is taking me on a way-back journey. This scent has a soft sensuality I cannot even describe. It's Earthy & Woody & Oakmossy -- yet it's light, rather skin-scenty -- and I don't even really smell the fig in the drydown, quite frankly -- only at first application, and then the fig mostly just serves to sweeten the earthy notes a bit.

Does anybody remember Coty Sweet Earth solid fragrances? I think they had a 3-pack of Woody scents. For some reason, this Mediterranean Fig scent is taking me back to the 70's, to a scent I wore then, something simple & inexpensive -- a light Earthy-Woody scent. I'm not sure if it's the Coty Sweet Earth or something similar.

I know! -- Gap Om -- I think that's it! I loved Gap Om -- it was a soft sandalwood & myrrh type of thing -- and they discontinued it. I think that may be what this reminds me of.

Anyway, Mediterranean Fig roller-ball is a simple, light, clean, earthy scent. I'm really enjoying it -- but it has nothing to do with the Mediterranean (except maybe that palm leaf note) -- and quite frankly, not much with Fig either. To me, this is mostly about the Sandalwood & Oakmoss -- and it's taking me back to a quiet overcast autumn day in my native Michigan.

on 12/3/2012 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an amazing fragrance and surprising depth for a Pacifica fragrance. It isn't as linear as some of their other scents and actually has some quite nice development. Opens as very green, leafy and fresh. Quickly moves to a green, creamy coconut before drying down to a mellow, warm fig. Lasts a long time on me, especially in my cleavage.

I particularly like this line because it's phthalate, paraben and petrol-chemical free. Makes me feel confident wearing around my young son.

on 12/3/2012 8:25:00 AM

I know, I'm in the minority here, but I tested this on me the other day, and just boldly sprayed it on me. OMG...I reeked. It was way too green of a scent for me the first hour. It finally settled down, but it still wasn't the kind of fig scent that I would like. Maybe as a shower gel kind of scent, but definitely not a perfume. If others enjoy this good, but I didn't. Oh well...

on 7/25/2012 8:21:00 PM

One of my many many Pacifica products and a surprising favorite. Its very green mossy woody smelling with a fresh fig note to keep it light. Seems to last longer and throw its scent much more than other Pacifica scents tend to. Also smells a bit more 'perfumey', but in a natural, non-headachy way. I really like it and so does my family. Great scent, great product, great company!

on 5/4/2012 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really like the smell. Earthy and fresh and green. I have the solid perfume and the spray. The spray doesn't really seem to last much longer than the perfume on. Its only about the strength of a body spray so I apply a lot and go through it too fast. Will repurchase the solid scent though. I think it smells a bit better anyway.

on 2/20/2012 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My favorite Pacifica fragrance! I have this in both rollerball and solid formulations. They're slightly different from each other. The solid is very woodsy-mossy and the fig/fruit note is fleeting -- I sometimes don't notice it at all. The rollerball has a bright, sparkling "green" phase on application, very fresh and figgy, reminiscent of Philosykos. It dries down to woods and moss, but there is definitely a nutty note in there too, a dry hazelnut or walnut.

This doesn't last very long on me -- an hour for the solid, mmmmaybe three for the rollerball. Sillage is low. But the cost is also low and the packaging so goshdurn cute that I don't mind reapplying. I also appreciate the good ingredients and procedures they use at Pacifica, and I like being able to sample fragrances at Whole Foods during my ordinary errands. It won't be long before I own the whole line!

ETA: I just got the body butter and the body wash. For the curious, the body wash is the greenest, fruitiest formulation of this scent -- it really does smell a lot like Philosykos. So much so, in fact, that I may return it -- I don't get any of the lovely woodsy nutty moss that I enjoy in the perfume. The body butter is quite woody and I like it a lot. Here is the lineup of products, in order of woodsiness to fruitiness:

Solid Perfume (all wood & moss)
Body Butter (very woody & mossy, hint of fruit)
Rollerball (opens with fruit, dries down to wood)
Perfume Spray (fruit opening lasts longer, dries down to wood)
Body Wash (all fizzy green fig)

You would not ever guess that the solid and the body wash were the same fragrance if not for the packaging. Extremely different.

Popular Fragrances