October 21, 2014 | 2166 users online

Treatments - Nutra Nail - Green Tea Power Gel Nail Hardening System

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2011 7:40:00 AM More reviews by Salacia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very weak, bendy nails and am always looking for something to strengthen them and give the poor little guys a chance to grow. I picked up a pack of Nutra Nail Green Tea Power Gel Nail Hardener whilst on a trip to the US, I haven't seen it here in the UK. I have to say, I'm not impressed. The brushes were scrappy, uneven and I had to trim the sticking out bristles off before I started. The Gel (1st) layer seemed almost dry on first opening the bottle, perhaps I got a bad batch. It was stringy and hard to apply - reminded me of Airfix glue. I persevered, but found the finish to be lumpy and uneven due to the goopiness. I only applied one layer (gel + activator) and it cracked within hours. The directions recommended putting on another layer, but I simply couldn't be doing with wrestling with more sticky, stringy, uncontrollable goop.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Rockabillygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just did some house cleaning and i noticed my nails stayed clean with the polish and it didnt chip off! My nails are hard even tho i had them in water! This is a must have for me now!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2009 11:23:00 AM More reviews by fivebest412

I actually find this useful. My nails grow long anyway, but after a certain length they start to peel or they or more prone to breaking. I don't like going to the salon to have the gel wrapped, since I think they are so overpriced. The application is tricky. You have to be sure to not let it dry between gel and activator. On my first time, it was dfficult to get a smooth layer on a all of my nails. 8 out of 10 were smooth. The gel seemed to run out fast. Before I can do this again, I will definitely have to buy another package just for the gel. However, I guess $10 for the gel is better than a $25 visit to the nail salon. It has been 10 days and my naill polish has not chipped. That's good sign, since my nail polish usually don't last even with a great base coat.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by dominicanaheat

I bought this on a whim. I used to have acrylic wraps for years, but last fall I decided to stop getting wraps done so that I can save money. But, even though the weak nails have grown out, my natural nails break ALL the time. I can't have long, natural nails to save my life. So I wanted to give my nails a little boost without having to be a slave to the nail salon again. I purchased this a couple of weeks ago and applied it as the instruction sheet said. The next day there were cracks all over my nails and the gel chipped. I was highly disappointed. This past weekend I tried it again, and guess what? The brush for the gel broke as I tried to take it out after the 2nd nail! I couldn't believe how cheaply made this was! Never EVER again, will I waste my money on this.

Overall rating is a 1. If I could give it negative ratings, I would.

Price: $10 isn't expensive, but, when the product is crap, then YES, those same $10 is a big hit to the wallet.

Packaging: considering the brush broke in the bottle, yeah, horrible packaging!

So once again, I will NEVER purchase this product again! It really made me want to go back to the nail salon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've never had artificial nails because my older sister got them, and ended up with soft weak nails and fungus when she finally removed them. Most of the time they look thick and fake, but sometimes I see some that really look great: shiny and durable and neat. But I don't want to pay that much, and I don't want my nail beds filed down, either. So I never got them. Well, I think I've found a good alternative, and the best base coat I've ever used. This product comes with three bottles: the gel, the activator, and the brush cleaner. There is no powder. You brush on the gel using three or four strokes, then use the same amount of activator. It can be a bit tricky because you have to keep the activator brush clean, and you have to do each nail completely and separately, but I'm a spazz and I got it down pretty quick. I love the glossy, glassy finish, and how strong it makes my nails. It doesn't last longer than my polish because I always use acetone to remove it, but if I don't mess with it, it lasts for weeks. I will definitely buy this again.