Etude House Dream On Pact Slim and Cover

3.3

I liked this generally coz of the packaging, scent and lightweight feel on my skin. It actually lasted for a whopping 7 months before hitting pan. I dont like the shimmer, almost no oil control and staying power. Will not repurchase.

I dropped it once but thank God it didn't break. It makes my face a bit white every time I apply it although I purchased #3 the darkest shade True Beige but I don't mind, it's not a big deal tho. It smells really nice and I have only one problem, after 4-5 hours my face will become damn oily and I hate that. But I can't blame it on the pact since I'm living in a tropical country.

on 2/13/2012 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Worst product ever. I bought a collagen bb cream with etude house and asked the lady to recommend a light powder to mattify the bb cream and she introduced me this dream on pact. Used it once and would never use it again. This powder cakes over my bb cream and within like 2-3 hours I look absolutely ridiculous. It looked as if I had a mask over me. Ridiculous. This was also during winter so my face tends to stay oil free and sweat free. This product couldn't even sit on my face properly. Yes it has a nice smell, yes it looks cute but that's about it. To be honest, the compact itself looks like a plastic toy for girls who play with barbie dolls. Gosh I'm so disappointed and upset. The collagen bb cream wasn't good either, nor was their facial products. I won't ever enter an etude house shop ever again

This is a pressed powder, so don't expect too much coverage from it. This powder was pretty affordable, light flowery scent which I love, and the product itself wasn't too bad. I think there's like an SPF20 or something to this pact. It does it's job: mattifies, super cute casing and sun protection! Not bad at all for the price! I like it very much!

on 4/24/2010 10:11:00 AM

The Dream On Pact comes in a peach-pink casing and is a finely milled compact powder to be used after liquid foundation or BB cream. I got it in #3, True Beige and as I'm yellow undertoned, this powder suited my skin tone very well. It has a feint floral scent which doesn't bother me very much. Coverage is medium but definitely buildable. Most Etude House compacts have a bit of shimmer in them as most of them contain SPF. So if you're a fan of a more matte finish, I suggest you stick to MAC pressed powders as SPF reflects light and can make you look pasty on photo.

I used this compact over their Dream On Foundation (Liquid) and while it gave a flawless finish, I had to blend my face for quite a while as it appeared slightly cakey. It doesn't oxidize much and hence, I suggest you get one shade lighter to match your skin color. However, I felt that after a while, my face started turning into an ashen grey. Oil control is satisfactory without me using a primer and the foundation lasted about 3 - 4 hours before I had to blot and retouch. I suggest using a good oil controlling primer to achieve an oil free finish and I've heard relatively good reviews about their Dream On Base. What I didn't like about the product is that there isn't a partition for the puff and the powder, which I find unsanitary and so I left the plastic piece provided when I first bought the product.

I paid about USD$23 for it at where I'm from, which is a very jacked up price as it can be obtained for half the price on ebay or gmarket. Overall a decent product but there are better compacts from Etude House that would give a more fuller coverage.

on 6/10/2009 12:03:00 AM

I love this product. Due to its price, its quality is excellent. There is no foundation on Dream on power (or may be only 5% I'm not sure). Thus, the coverage isn't very good, but for me it's acceptable. Anyway, if you are looking for coverage, you may need other product lines such as On Screen.
The packaging design is cute and girly, but I think packaging material is a cheap plastic. This is the only thing that i don't like.

on 2/2/2009 5:43:00 PM

The packaging is SO cute! The price of this in Korea is pretty cheap, but getting it shipped to the US is a little pricey. This powder has very sheer coverage, i just use it to set my foundation/bbcream. The only problem i have with this is that it has a very strong scent. I'm a NC25/30 in MAC and I got the color in #2 Natural Beige.

on 1/4/2009 8:59:00 PM

First time i see this item, I definitely fall in love with the package. They have only 2 tones for the pressed powder. My skin is about NC20 so I picked no.1 to try. I like it!! and it's not that expensive. it's about $13 or you can get better price in South Korea. I don't feel it too much or too heavy on the face when I apply it on. The coverage is not bad at all, but many people said that it does not do good with coverage. The smell is like perfume, I like it, or may be too strong for someone. It also has SPF24. GOOD