December 21, 2014 | 1668 users online

Moisturizers - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Aloe Vera 84% Ultra-Comforting Moisturizing Creme

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Brizzy

The only reason I bought this product was because I purchased the Aloe Vera Shampoo and Conditioner from the same brand and thought I'd give this cream a go as well. My skin is super sensitive, irritated and occasionally breaks out from stress. I knew all the soothing and healing benefits of aloe so I was really excited.

The added fragrance in the ingredients made me a little hesitant but I have honestly tried so many different creams I didn't really care anymore. The packaging is horrible (I say that about anything that comes in a jar for hygienic reasons) but it was very affordable (Around 8$) so I figured it was worth a shot. I bought this along with the Ole Henriksen Aloe Vera Cleanser so I ended up trying them both for the first time.

After putting the cream on my face after cleansing my face got extremely RED and it was BURNING like MADNESS. (especially my forehead) I literally had to fan my entire face like some exasperated woman from the 18th century. I thought about washing my face again to get it off but then I thought - Maybe it was this new cleanser and NOT this Aloe cream? The burning and redness went away after a few minutes but Man! I don't want to have to go through that every night and it shouldn't be that way if a product is supposed to "Soothe". I did the same thing the next day and the same burning sensation happened. I convinced myself it was the cleanser instead but I had to be sure so the next day I washed my face again with Ole and used my Ultra Gentle Shea moisturizer from L'Occitane and... NOTHING! The burning was gone and my face felt soothed and fresh. So... if you TRULY have sensitive skin... DONT BUY THIS. As a body lotion its fine. It could also be that an ingredient in the cleanser didn't agree with a particular ingredient in this cream.... buttttt I'll leave that possibility alone.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by seattlegirl

It is so difficult to find a glycerin based cream that has this much aloe (pretty much everything else is gel based or does not have enough aloe in it.)

I would love this cream, but there is a major flaw: fragrance is added! it's very strong smelling, and they don't disclose what it is (it smells kind of like Nivea, which Ioathe). it gives me a headache. I'm so sad that I can't use this as otherwise, it would be perfect.

if you are not sensitive to the smell, then you might like this product. I can tolerate very small amounts (such as under my eyes) and it really does soothe. I also dot it on healing wounds, and it seems to help them heal faster. I would love to be able to put this on my entire face, but then the smell gives me such a headache!

that's why I only gave it two lippies. I think that when it comes to natural products, it is a major no-no to add unnecessary perfumes!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like how this moisturizes my face, but it stings for about a minute or two. No redness, just stinging. It got rid of my dries skin patches in two applications and leaves a matte finish, which I like. The smell is almost marine like.
UPDATE- my dry skin ended up coming back even with application, so I cannot recommend this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 1:52:00 AM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product when I was in Arizona visiting family. I had just started using my Retin a .05% so my skin was dry flakey & red. It felt like a sunburn really & that is what I hear happens when you first start. Well the problem was that I had moisturizers meant for oily skin. They didn't help anything. On the advice of my aunt I purchased this. I liked that it had almond oil in it. I use this stuff morning & night & it really helps with the dryness & flaking from the Retin a. Thankfully my skin is adjusting well it just is dry now. This stuff works great. I would prefer no scent but its really not that bad. It smells like many other natural products. But remember just because something is natural doesn't mean it is going to work for your skin. I have used all natural stuff that made me break out or have an allergic reaction.
EDIT 5/5/12: still happily using this product with my Retin a.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by thistle100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've recently decided to try using more natural products, and this one seems to be a winner. It is thick and creamy, but absorbs well, and it's a good price -- I paid $8 for 4 ozs or 113 grams. On the downside, it comes in a jar.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Mop000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Caveat emptor! I bought this because I wanted something neutral, natural and calming. I have NEVER had a reaction like I had with it! About 10 secs after application my face went crimson and was burning. I thought I'd wait and see what happened....the burning subsided but the redness remained. What on earth do they put in this gear?! Normally I use unsuitable face creams on my body instead but I didn't even want to do that. Luckily Whole Foods let me return it without any fuss whatsoever. Sometimes I really have to concede that the big cosmetic houses have a wealth of research behind them and these "natural" companies are a law unto themselves.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2010 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Camstar1000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am really starting to enjoy using this JASON product. It took a bit of getting used to with the unusual scent, but it does grow on you. I use it in the morning after cleansing and toning and before by sun cream. It is quickly absorbed and my skin feels really hydrated with this cream alone. I also use it to calm my eczema before going to bed at night. At 7 it is really a good buy and a little amount goes a long way.

Also it is organic and only available in specialist health food stores in the UK. I will definitely try some other JASON products now.

Edit: I recently bought a new jar, and the cream is white. This must be a newer version as my last jar had a greeny cream in it and was much better. The older version was far more water based and has a nicer scent. Why Jason?? Why change a good thing?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Kayr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my HG facial moisturizer! I absolutely LOVE this stuff to the extent that I don't even think about trying another facial moisturizer. I have tried so many drugstore facial moisturizers, but they all have left my skin more oily, dry, more breakouts or peeling/flaking. This product has done none of that!
It leaves a nice dewy type smooth appearance on my skin and sinks in very well on my skin without looking oily or greasy, which I can't stand. I have breakout-prone skin and this didn't cause more breakouts like other moisturizers have. It does actually calm my skin down more as the product claims and is wonderful. I also add a drop of organic aloe vera mixed in with this moisturizer every time I apply for that extra "healing" effect and feeling and it actually feels like it works a ton better. LOVE this stuff and hope they never discontinue this!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2010 12:59:00 AM More reviews by tetriot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this from vitamin shoppe, and was hoping for a smooth creamy moisturizer. I was drawn nto buying it, because I wanted to convert to natural skin care.

Upon opening the jar, there was a weird flowery smell. I was expecting the cream to be scentless or at least have a mild scent of aloe vera, but I guess not =/ The cream is a bit thick, a little hard to spread, and did not absorb into my skin, leaving an film on my skin.

There are better body butters out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2009 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Xandrra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pretty average, its very light and gets absorbed fast, but half the time just does not seem to moisturise enough, and my skin still ends up feeling as dry as before i put it on. Not something I'd try again.