Dior Effets D'Ombre Powder Eyeshadow and Eyeliner Palette

on 5/18/2003 1:35:00 PM

I had great expectacions for this product because I had heard so much positive abaut it. It did have a great pigment wich was at first difficult because i am used to poorly pigmented shadows. But when I found out the right technigue they were fine to work with. I have a little bit heavy eyelocks and the shadow did not last without creasing wich disapointed me most. But I love that powder eyeliner. With this the line is so easy to work exacly where it belongs to and it lasts all day too. It is great for smoky eyes too. Just use a larger brush. I still prefer Clinique eyeshadows. So I will not repurchase this.

on 2/5/2003 11:06:00 PM

These come in fairly basic colour sets, but they're great for travelling. The four complimentary eyeshadows are easy to use, and the cake liner can be used dry or wet, so is great for daytime or evenings. The lack of space makes the eyeshadows a little fiddly to work with, but again- it saves a lot of clutter when travelling!

on 1/11/2003 2:40:00 AM

I have this in #103 and #700 something(not sure, but very natural brown. sitcker was worn off). Yes, they are OVERPRICED, definitely, with no place to argue. However, I love it. #103 is my HG. All shimmery, highly pigmented white-pastel colors make my dark brown eyes pop up. I know I'll repurchase it again and again, sigh.

on 12/2/2002 4:39:00 PM

I have this in Beiges and Wood and I do love the neutral beige and brown shadows with their dark woody brown eyeliner. They blend beautifully and look quite flattering. The reason I marked this down slightly is because it is obscenely expensive ($50). For that you get 4 small shadows and a small pot of liner. It seems like a lot for a fairly small shadow set.

I have this in 013 Greys and Copper and I love it!! The four neutral shades are beautiful and the rust colored powder liner is great! I'm totally loving this!!!