October 25, 2014 | 946 users online

Makeup Brushes - Japonesque - Retractable Lip Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by inmyopinion

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very good value for money, fantastic for travel. The brush retracts and a little cover slides over the hole, no worry about losing a cover. When you want the brush to become available, just give a tiny push and it comes out of its hiding place...Pure genius! The brush is extremely fine tipped, I use it for spot coverage of freckles, discolorations, even tiny spider veins. You could even use it to cover just the specific area the size of an "o", that's how accurate it is. I have 3 of them, one for undereye shadow coverage, another for spot dabbing my La Mer crème foundation (see my review) onto spots, and a 3rd one in case (God forbid!) they ever stop making it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by brandi9689

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first Japonesque brush purchase. I really love this brush. My lipstick application is is very even and I love the fact that the brush retracts so that I can carry it with me. I would definitely would purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this, with only one small complaint. The size of the brush is a little long when extended out, and it feels like I don't have great control. But, as the reviewer previous to me said, it allows me to very precisely line and fill, which I love. I love the packaging, and the squared shape so it doesn't roll. This is my first Japonesque brush, and I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by VintagePinup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm on the fence with this. It's very convenient and small, perfect for travel. The small brush is made of synthetic fibres which should allow for a rich colour deposit, but it's unfortunately not the case. I have to really pack on the colour on the brush to get a good deposit. For me, it's just easier to directly apply my lipstick directly. However, where this brush really stands out is in how fine a line it can create. If I want to put my lipstick on closer to the edge of my lipliner, this makes it a piece of cake! If I want to correct a line or perfect it, this does the trick! I probably won't buy it again if something happens to it, but it serves my purposes well.