Mary Kay Brow Definer Pencil

4.1

on 4/15/2015 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is probably the best eyebrow product I have ever used. I have tried different eyebrow pencils before, but none of them have looked natural one me, either wrong colorshade or they have made my eyebrows too markedly. This Mary Kay eyebrow pencil last all day, and the color fits me perfectly. I wish they had more colors though, and not just black, brunette and blonde. I use brunette. I recommend this product to other people. It is not the most expensive one out on the marker either.

on 5/3/2014 4:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I believe my pencil is brunette according to the swatches on the Mary Kay website but I've had it for quite some time now and the writing on the pencil is faded. I assume I got this for the website price of $17... Australian makeup is stupidly expensive on the whole because of importing so I really don't know how to comment on this. The US price of $10 seems fair. It is a pencil so it should last you a while. Would be improved with a brush on one end.

This is the only brow pencil I've ever used, but I've been reading a lot of reviews for other brow products lately and I think I know what to look for. I use this every day. The lines made by this pencil don't fade or blur during the day, even if I sweat. Other reviewers have called it waxy, and I suppose it is, but it doesn't feel heavy or sticky. It creates a nice line and looks pretty seamless from afar but my problem is the red tone it picks up in the sun. I'm not sure how it looks to everyone else, but taking selfies in natural light, my camera picks up obvious red-brown lines on the bare skin beneath my eyebrows where I've straightened the line. Its not as noticeable when it's on top of the eyebrow hairs themselves, but I don't really need it for darkening so much as neatening.

Overall, the product is thoroughly average. I'm not sure whether I will re-purchase when it runs out... Eyebrow pencils throwing red is extremely common, and the colour is not hugely off, but I think I'm going to look for that elusive ash tone in the meantime, to properly match my hair.

on 4/9/2014 12:10:00 PM

I received this as an extra in a recent swap. I am so pleasantly surprised - this brow pencil is amazing! I have Brunette and it is a perfect color for me. The formulation is hard but not too hard, and waxy but not too waxy. Just the perfect balance of both. It stays all day and gives the exact amount of definition I like. I'd definitely consider repurchasing!

on 3/27/2013 6:19:00 PM

I have always used powders so I thought I'd give this a go. I have brown hair and find that the blonde is perfect for me. It also works for my sister who is blonde. It's a universal taupe. I use brunette when I am going out since my eye makeup is kicked up a bit. They're slightly waxy so they help your brows stay put. Basic, simple, neutral, good.

on 11/18/2012 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

My sister sells Mary Kay. I'd like to support her but the products are average at best to me. Some I've even broken out in hives from which, oddly, never happens with even drugstore products.
Anyways, I have a love-hate relationship with this. I have dark brown hair and bought this in brown. It matches nicely but if I use too much it looks fake. Not enough it looks like I didn't do anything (my brows can be sparse in some areas). I won't be buying this again and am on the hunt for something better.

on 6/3/2012 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this brow pencil! It lasts all day and blends into my brows flawlessly. It's the only brow pencil I'll ever use and no one can tell that I draw them in!

on 1/19/2011 4:24:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love it! lasts all day, not greasy, perfect shade!!!

on 6/13/2009 1:36:00 AM

This is the only brow pencil I've ever used. I use it in the brown and it gives a very natural look and goes on pretty lightly. I haven't experimented with enough brow pencils so this isn't my HG or anything but it gets the job done and lets me have total control over how dramatic my brows can be.

on 1/9/2009 6:20:00 PM

I use this in Classic Blonde and love it. It goes on easily; smoothly, but not greasy.

on 1/3/2009 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this in soft black and brunette and I love them. They go on nice and smooth and doesn't smudge or budge!! I will definitely keep repurchasing..

Popular Brows Products