December 22, 2014 | 1768 users online

BB Cream - Skin79 - Lovely Girl BB Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by ellieredd

I wouldn't leave the house without this on!

For someone as fair as me (that truly doesn't even describe the pale-ness) it's hard to find any sort of ANYTHING that isn't too dark or orange or something weird. I love Asian cosmetics, so I ordered this without a second thought. And I'm so glad I did! It's very light, effective, and doesn't wash out my pale skin. In fact, it enhances my skin tone and evens out the redness and lasts all day!

Anyone who is pale and can't find a light, enhancing BB cream or anything for that matter, order this NOW!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by EmilyJS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this may be a HG for me. This was the first Korean BB cream I'd tried - since then I've tried several more from skin79 and a few other brands, but this one is by FAR my favourite. I'm already onto my second tube.

Coverage is slightly less than medium. It will mute redness but not cover it, and it won't cover blemishes (but nothing less than heavy full coverage or concealer will for me.). It smooths over pores and definitely evens out skin tone very well.

I'd say the colour is neutral and seems to blend well with a larger range of skin tones than a foundation would - I'm below NC15 and it matched me very well, and my mother tried it out and it matched her perfectly as well and she is NW25. I think NC/NW30 may match but anything above that may be pushing it a bit in terms of lightness/darkness of skin colour.

What really sets it apart is how natural it looks. It really looks like skin and doesn't cake, streak, separate, mattify or shine up the skin - it seems to really just look like it blurs out redness and imperfections so you look like yourself, but airbrushed. It also takes to powdering very well and will keep its natural non-cakey appearance even with varying levels of powder over it.

For reference, I've tried quite a few higher end western brand foundations such as MAC, NARS, Makeup Forever, Becca and a few others, and I actually prefer this over them. To anyone needing more coverage (like I do) I'd recommend using a concealer over blemishes, which is what I do with this. Definitely recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by riaorion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

What drew me to this product: The fact that it says it soothes irritated/redness relief and sebum control. My skin type is fair/very pale (redhead but not ginger), sensitive, but moreso dry than oily. Slightly prone to acne on chin/blackheads but nothing out of control.

The use:
The consistency is semi-thick so a little goes a long way. It oxidized pretty quickly from my fingertips to my cheeks within the first rotations on my face. The color is a light grey-toned nude. I'm very pleased with it, because my skin does not break out with it on or feel irritated. It has a pleasant fragrance that is not very overpowering (as opposed from something like Garnier/Olay) and has pretty medium worthy coverage (when I put dabs of concealer and then put this on, my skin looks perfect). It hides my redness flawlessly, and most of my blemishes, and still doesn't feel super thick or heavy. It's my favorite BB Cream so far, and I will definitely buy more once I run out.

Pros:
Hides 90% redness on my face.
Gives an attractive dewy finish that is not overly noticeable within photos/mirror/natural lighting.
Feels relaxing and not that oily.
A little goes a long way, so I don't feel like I will run out super crazy quickly.
Does not trigger any allergic reaction.

Cons:
The tip of the bottle (where the product comes out) can sometimes get a little messy, especially if you keep the bottle upside down.
It's probably not the "lightest" BB, but I feel that's because it is trying to do more "control" than just a tinted moisturizer.
There isn't any SPF, but with my routine I always apply a light moisturizer that has SPF in it, so it's not an entire stand-alone replacement for foundation like some BBs.
I've been told it doesn't last super long, but honestly I don't really notice when it wears off.

Overall thought:
This is my favorite BB cream (I've tried ~10 different kinds) and I will continue to buy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by kadytheredpanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

It's okay. This was my first BB cream. It does oxidize well to my skin tone (and relatively quickly at that) but I don't like that it provides sheer coverage. I always have to apply at least two layers to my skin before I like the coverage on my face. Recently it also started to break me out.

Oh, and while it's not a huge concern for me, this BB does not have SPF in it. So if you want SPF in your BB cream, this is not the one to get.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Tdiamond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is just ok. I've tried several BB creams and I am on a mission to find one I like but so far none of them really wow me. I like heavy coverage and this one is pretty sheer. I like other products from skin 79 better the pink and gold. Misha also. This product is very light in tone which I like because I'm fair. The product is fairly creamy but does not give much coverage. Not bad for oily skin, would need moisturizer for dry skin. If you are fair skinned looking for something like a TM this may work for you. I'm still looking for a BB cream I like I'm not sold that any will provide the coverage I'm looking for. Avon has a new one I just bought, I will write a review after I have used it some.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Kat630

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's cheap for a BB cream, so i thought I would give it a try. I need something light to cover redness and help with problem skin. This did cover redness well, but it looked greasy. It also broke out my skin. I read the lable and saw that it contains mineral oil which does not allow your skin to "breath". If your skin can handle vaseline or mineral oil, you may like this for a light BB cream to cover redness, but overall I would not recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Ronrinesu

I really love this BB cream. It does great work for me! When I ordered I was looking for something with light coverage but still to even my skin tone. The color matches my skin tone perfectly. It does help me with redness. Although what I don't like, it's the fact that it doesn't have any SPF and it doesn't have a matte finish. But it lasts long enough for me. The packaging is really cute! I would probably buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by trapnest

This bb cream is alright. The staying power is minimal. It only lasts about 2 to 3 hours on me before fading. Also blemishes seem to really show through and get eccentuated. The cream itself feels very moisturizing however I think it may be irritating to my skin. After trying various methods to apply this bb cream I found using brushes gave me the nicecst finish. The color is very pale and is a good color match for my ppp skin.

Overall unless you already have flawless skin this doesn't have very good coverage. It is sheer.
I will not repurcase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is only the second BB cream I've tried; so I'm by no means an expert on BB creams, let alone skin79's offerings. I can only compare this really, to redness recovering products and the relatively average qualirty Marcelle BB I tried a month before this one.

I do really like this BB cream, and it has been a life-saver for long work days. This lasts longer on me than my usual Stila Sheer Color TM, and it's a breeze to apply in comparison to a real foundation. I would say, coverage wise, this is solid, medium coverage - enough that one could skip concealer for mild blemishes/dark circles; obviously, if you have a monster zit, this will not cover it.

I'm still not sold on BB creams; but again, this is a solid product. Like the Marcelle, this does not spread easily. I have sensitive skin, very pale, with some localized redness especially in my nose. My skin is quite dry/dehydrated, but leans more combo in Summer; I can suffer from hormonal acne if I'm stressed or what-have-you. I'm 25, though, so I'm not a 'Junior' as this packaging markets to. This does last a heck of a lot longer on me than any TM did, with a teensy bit more coverage, but I cannot get it to blend even over just moisturized skin. Heavier primers like the Clarins Instant Smooth or LM Hydrating really make this a dream to apply; though if one had oilier skin it would probably blend nicely on bare skin or just over light moisturizer/oil control skincare. I can layer this over the LM or Clarins, throw on some Touche Eclat under the eyes, and a bit of MUFEHD powder and my skin will look just as nice by the end of the day as it did when I first applied it.

Colour-wise, this swatches very grey. However, this does cover redness/flushing very nicely; without making me look like The Hulk like Avene's and Smashbox's green-tinted offerings did. However, it matches my N/NW10 skin very nicely. I'd still like to track down the Misscha Perfect Cover #13 in the city (damn you Dragon City!). but I will be completely happy to repurchase this if I never do find it.

I have removed this with Bioderma Sensibio H20, Nip+Fab Clean Fix & Lancome Huile Douceur, and all managed to take it off effectively, though I do go back with a regular cleanser to cleanse the skin. I have not broken out from this product at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 2:10:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this on sale for 12 dollars USD! I bought it from the north american skin79 website. Its very creamy and blends into my skin easily. It smells nice and it leaves a dewy look to my skin! I am VERY pale (like paper) and this gives just the right amount of tinted coverage to hide any redness in my skin. However, this has mineral oil in it and my skin HATES mineral oil and lately I have been breaking out. I can only suspect that the bb cream is the cause. I may keep it and try it now and then but I might just give it away to someone, it was cheap so I dont feel like I HAVE to use it up.