Skin79 Lovely Girl BB Cream

3.7

Water, Butylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Titanium Dioxide, Clorella Vulgaris Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Lavandula Augustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Syringa Vulgaris (Lilac) Extract, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Angelica Keiskei Leaf/Stem Extract, Rosamarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Althaea Officinalis Leaf/Root Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Sorbitan Olivate, Beeswax, Lanolin, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 20, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Bentonite, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Edta, Allantoin, Sodium Chloride, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499, Fragrance

on 4/17/2015 4:16:00 PM

This is perfect for me because it has a very natural finish and low to medium coverage, it has no chemical sunscreen filters, it smells lightly sweet, and it's the perfect color. It feels very light, if not weightless. I had been wanting something a lot like Maybelline's Dream Fresh but in a lighter shade, and this is close, with slightly more coverage.

I'm a reddish-haired cool-toned freckled person. Lighter than the lightest shade of most drugstore-brand foundations. I found Missha #13 to be a close match but perhaps I'm not quite that pink. I think Lovely Girl is a similar shade but more neutral. I have combination skin, sometimes a bit dry, and this doesn't seem to be particularly drying or moisturizing.

on 3/31/2015 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is the THIRD BB Cream I have ever bought/ used. The colour is similar to the Skin79 Super Blebish Balm in HOT PINK (light grey) but blends out pretty nicely (buildable coverage), has a delicious cranberry scent (at least, I think it's cranberry, some uncommon berry scent). The texture is kinda watery, not at all like a paste like HOT PINK. This really whitens the complexion in fact, too white! (kinda treat it like a whitening primer). I have to use my CC Cream on top of it to even it out but I still really like it. If you're pale or going for the pale radiant look, less than a dime size amount is sufficient.

The big FAT CON: The product is packaged in a tube with a screw off cap, can get messy and wasteful because of bad control (my bad control) -.-'

on 9/27/2014 9:43:00 PM

I wouldn't leave the house without this on!

For someone as fair as me (that truly doesn't even describe the pale-ness) it's hard to find any sort of ANYTHING that isn't too dark or orange or something weird. I love Asian cosmetics, so I ordered this without a second thought. And I'm so glad I did! It's very light, effective, and doesn't wash out my pale skin. In fact, it enhances my skin tone and evens out the redness and lasts all day!

Anyone who is pale and can't find a light, enhancing BB cream or anything for that matter, order this NOW!

on 9/24/2014 6:39:00 AM

I think this may be a HG for me. This was the first Korean BB cream I'd tried - since then I've tried several more from skin79 and a few other brands, but this one is by FAR my favourite. I'm already onto my second tube.

Coverage is slightly less than medium. It will mute redness but not cover it, and it won't cover blemishes (but nothing less than heavy full coverage or concealer will for me.). It smooths over pores and definitely evens out skin tone very well.

I'd say the colour is neutral and seems to blend well with a larger range of skin tones than a foundation would - I'm below NC15 and it matched me very well, and my mother tried it out and it matched her perfectly as well and she is NW25. I think NC/NW30 may match but anything above that may be pushing it a bit in terms of lightness/darkness of skin colour.

What really sets it apart is how natural it looks. It really looks like skin and doesn't cake, streak, separate, mattify or shine up the skin - it seems to really just look like it blurs out redness and imperfections so you look like yourself, but airbrushed. It also takes to powdering very well and will keep its natural non-cakey appearance even with varying levels of powder over it.

For reference, I've tried quite a few higher end western brand foundations such as MAC, NARS, Makeup Forever, Becca and a few others, and I actually prefer this over them. To anyone needing more coverage (like I do) I'd recommend using a concealer over blemishes, which is what I do with this. Definitely recommend this product.

on 10/22/2013 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

What drew me to this product: The fact that it says it soothes irritated/redness relief and sebum control. My skin type is fair/very pale (redhead but not ginger), sensitive, but moreso dry than oily. Slightly prone to acne on chin/blackheads but nothing out of control.

The use:
The consistency is semi-thick so a little goes a long way. It oxidized pretty quickly from my fingertips to my cheeks within the first rotations on my face. The color is a light grey-toned nude. I'm very pleased with it, because my skin does not break out with it on or feel irritated. It has a pleasant fragrance that is not very overpowering (as opposed from something like Garnier/Olay) and has pretty medium worthy coverage (when I put dabs of concealer and then put this on, my skin looks perfect). It hides my redness flawlessly, and most of my blemishes, and still doesn't feel super thick or heavy. It's my favorite BB Cream so far, and I will definitely buy more once I run out.

Pros:
Hides 90% redness on my face.
Gives an attractive dewy finish that is not overly noticeable within photos/mirror/natural lighting.
Feels relaxing and not that oily.
A little goes a long way, so I don't feel like I will run out super crazy quickly.
Does not trigger any allergic reaction.

Cons:
The tip of the bottle (where the product comes out) can sometimes get a little messy, especially if you keep the bottle upside down.
It's probably not the "lightest" BB, but I feel that's because it is trying to do more "control" than just a tinted moisturizer.
There isn't any SPF, but with my routine I always apply a light moisturizer that has SPF in it, so it's not an entire stand-alone replacement for foundation like some BBs.
I've been told it doesn't last super long, but honestly I don't really notice when it wears off.

Overall thought:
This is my favorite BB cream (I've tried ~10 different kinds) and I will continue to buy it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

It's okay. This was my first BB cream. It does oxidize well to my skin tone (and relatively quickly at that) but I don't like that it provides sheer coverage. I always have to apply at least two layers to my skin before I like the coverage on my face. Recently it also started to break me out.

Oh, and while it's not a huge concern for me, this BB does not have SPF in it. So if you want SPF in your BB cream, this is not the one to get.

on 5/4/2013 6:37:00 PM

This is just ok. I've tried several BB creams and I am on a mission to find one I like but so far none of them really wow me. I like heavy coverage and this one is pretty sheer. I like other products from skin 79 better the pink and gold. Misha also. This product is very light in tone which I like because I'm fair. The product is fairly creamy but does not give much coverage. Not bad for oily skin, would need moisturizer for dry skin. If you are fair skinned looking for something like a TM this may work for you. I'm still looking for a BB cream I like I'm not sold that any will provide the coverage I'm looking for. Avon has a new one I just bought, I will write a review after I have used it some.

on 3/25/2013 5:27:00 PM

It's cheap for a BB cream, so i thought I would give it a try. I need something light to cover redness and help with problem skin. This did cover redness well, but it looked greasy. It also broke out my skin. I read the lable and saw that it contains mineral oil which does not allow your skin to "breath". If your skin can handle vaseline or mineral oil, you may like this for a light BB cream to cover redness, but overall I would not recommend it.

on 11/25/2012 10:07:00 AM

I really love this BB cream. It does great work for me! When I ordered I was looking for something with light coverage but still to even my skin tone. The color matches my skin tone perfectly. It does help me with redness. Although what I don't like, it's the fact that it doesn't have any SPF and it doesn't have a matte finish. But it lasts long enough for me. The packaging is really cute! I would probably buy it again.

on 8/30/2012 7:39:00 PM

This bb cream is alright. The staying power is minimal. It only lasts about 2 to 3 hours on me before fading. Also blemishes seem to really show through and get eccentuated. The cream itself feels very moisturizing however I think it may be irritating to my skin. After trying various methods to apply this bb cream I found using brushes gave me the nicecst finish. The color is very pale and is a good color match for my ppp skin.

Overall unless you already have flawless skin this doesn't have very good coverage. It is sheer.
I will not repurcase