October 25, 2014 | 1871 users online

Lipstick - L'Oreal - Infallible Never Fail Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by BlueCatAnubis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

L'Oreal's Infallible lip colour is my new high grade lip product. I love it. I have only tried it in the liquid-lipstick/lip-stain/gloss form with the wand to apply it to the lips not the solid lipstick one.

I'm impressed by how well it stays on, it does not transfer onto my hand when I press it to my lips, only the clear gloss over-coat comes off. When I drink something there isn't that nasty rim of pink film from the lipstick but just a bit from the clear gloss. The ONLY downside I've found in using this lip colour is that for me it doesn't seem to stay on after I eat, now MOST of it is still there; rather just the inner part of my lips are left without product. It really isn't a problem for me because I just do a quick touch up, and boom I am set.

I have to say at first I was not expecting this product to work, but it really does! I currently have it in two shades and more to come:

~310 Crimson, a beautiful rich dark red that is matte before you put on the clear gloss. It looks so lovely, it isn't too harsh on my skin tone.

~820 Henna, a shiny nude/brown almost copper colored. It is very shiny before you put the clear gloss over it. It's nice, a good summer shade for sure. On me it sort of looks chocolatey.

When you first put it on it will dry quickly, your lips may pucker because it is a long wear lip product and it will be a bit drying. Just make sure your lips are clean, dry, and moisturized. Be careful not to press your lips together before it is dry! After a few minutes you can apply the clear gloss and it rehydrates your lips. I usually apply this quite often. It smells great-like cotton candy and is soo smooth. Like others have said you take it off with oil/oil based makeup remover but olive oil, baby oil, vegetable oil all work. :)

I've been looking for a long lasting lip product for a while now that is actually LONG LASTING and this surely fits the bill. It is expensive (to me) at like $13 for 1 in the stores but most of the time they have buy 1 get one 50% or something. I'd say give it a try! I have already recommended this to a friend. ;)

EDIT: DON'T BUY ONLINE!
I bought 3 shades online and while the sellers were phenomenal, the product flaked off of my lips. Now, I still really enjoy and love this product but be aware that the ones online could be old/discontinued formulas. (No brainier right? Lol.)

I bought another Crimson 310 and the formula is way different then the one I bought locally. It is more wearable actually, I really like the shade the only problem is it is an old formula and was been sitting before I got it. It comes off my lips quick, unlike the fresh one did.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

I love this in shade of Lindas Beige, and Crimson. This has got me saying buh bye to traditional smear lipstick. I really like how it is transfer and smear free. Reminds me a lot of Kat Von Ds everlasting liquid love lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Babymutt01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is such a cute lip color. It comes in an adorable little compact with a built in mirror. It also includes both the color and the balm. The color lasts ALL day, with a little help from the conditioning glossy balm. A bit pricey but it's worth it. A nice color range, but some more pinks wouldn't hurt. Hibiscus is a cute color I like, kind of like a lighter magenta. I recommend this to everyone who wants a very long lasting lip color!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by michtx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Let me say that I never write reviews, but am compelled to do so with this product. I have a two year old scar on my upper lip. In an attempt to find a way to mask the scar, I have amassed a substantial lip color graveyard to include the long wear competitors by Revlon, LipSense, Urban Decay, Maybelline, Tarte, MAC and Smashbox.

L'Oreal Infallible Lipstick is the ONLY product that goes on easily and well, wears ALL DAY and totally hides the scar with one coat. The colors are beautiful (my favorite is "Katie's Plum") and the gloss is not too shiny or sticky. Several of the other products leave a ridiculous and hard to remove lip print on drinking glasses, and most were unprofessionally glossy. The majority of the glosses were so sticky that my husband found it disagreeable to kiss. I dismantled an Infallible package so I can carry just the small gloss in a pocket during the day. L'Oreal - if you're reading this, please consider selling the gloss separately in addition to it's current packaging.

My profession requires that I speak to patients all day and this product gives me confidence that they are listening to my words and not distracted by my scar. I have never been disappointed by the color pilling, peeling or fading. However, it is essential that your lips are squeaky clean and free of all other product before applying. If I have a really oily meal, there will be some fading, but after washing with soap and water, I am able to reapply if needed. At the end of the day, I remove with mineral oil and a kleenex - on the rare occasion that I don't, it stays on all night and I awaken to perfect lips..

Quite literally, this product has become essential to me. I highly recommend it to anyone who could benefit from complete, long wearing coverage.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 8:38:00 AM More reviews by mizpeach

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Reading previous reviews, it appears that some who found the lipstick flaky had applied it heavily and maybe even more than one coat. Others who used it lightly had better success, as did I.

I apply it with a lip brush. It allows a softer and more accurate application.

I own this product in four colors: Apricot, Henna, Azalea and Crimson. Using the lip brush to mix dabs of those colors on hard surface (the side of the container or a mirror) gives me every possible combination of final colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 8:47:00 AM More reviews by awesomeness2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There are a few lipsticks that I gravitate to over & over again. The L'Oreal Infallible Lipstick is one of them. There are a number of reasons:

- Color actually stays ... lasts for hours. Apply color, let set, apply balm. Easy.
- Nice range of colors, all of which seem to work on my light-medium white skin. I've bought at least 5 different colors over the years, all blind buys. No regrets.
- Packaging. The big pluses here - the caps never come off, the container is clean & stays clean, easy to use & open. The mirror-like surface is meh, but better than nothing.
- Price. Can found at 75% off at drugstores. Can be found nib under $5 shipped on fleabay.

On the down-side: Yes, the lipstick can be a bit drying. However, the fresh, sealed lipsticks are not. I've decided that when this lip stick is drying, it's time to toss it and re-buy. As a result, there can be some wasted product if you don't use daily.

My favorite color: 87 WALNUT, which is a perfect medium nude brown.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by iElliie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I read anything that has to do with long wearing for a lip product I know its going to be drying. I gave this a try because it had the two in one in a nice packaging... Let's break this down.
Lipstick - Check
Lip Balm - Check.
Now for application, unlike any other lipstick (moisturizing etc.) you do only need ONE COAT, this is a long lasting lipstick, expect drying and all that unattractive stuff to happen if applied more that one coat. I can not stress this enough... ONE COAT!!! I've done what multiple of you guys done, if you don't know about long lasting, you shouldn't be wearing it AT ALL. But lets get down to application:
Unscrew the color (lipstick) and wipe off any excess, yes the applicator picks up TOO MUCH product... Now quickly apply all over bottom and upper lip, LET DRY (like I said before I can not stress this enough) and do not put another coat on... If you don't like the color, then it wasn't meant for you (or go get another one.) Now for the lip balm, apply like anything else (ALL YOU WANT) and your done. Now if the lip balm dries out or whatever the problem may be, please only apply the lip balm, now if your lip color has COMPLETELY came off (which shouldn't be the case since we established the application) then gently wipe your lips with a makeup remover wipe or tissue, whatever you have on hand. Reapply again like before. Only use the lip balm that comes with the lipstick, it doesn't rub on your lips or tug the color off, it keep your lips moisturized. Now if you have done the right way, then you can now review the product. My turn to review.
I bought this lipstick a while back in (510) Mulberry, which its kind of a dark rosy color. I love the wear of it, especially the balm, I really like the packaging (its adorable.) I do notice fading on the crease of my mouth, its normal, but it wears like nothing is there. The good thing about this, it doesn't come off, which is something we usually hate to worry about. I would recommend this to people who have really moisturized lips, only because its a drying kind of lipstick and it will just be a pain to make it look decent, do exfoliate your lips if needed and moisturize way before then remove it. I can't really say anything bad about this product, its just so amazing. Overall its worth the money, since a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2011 8:52:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

This is my favorite among the long wearing lipsticks. I've tried every drugstore brand of the liquid longwear and I have found that Revlon & L'Oreal are the best quality and also the longest lasting. Maybelline isn't bad and Rimmel & Cover Girl doesn't last on me more than a couple of hours. I can get a 1/2 day out of L'Oreal and Revlon. I deem L'Oreal the winner for the larger range of colors available. I have Thistle (a light pink), Gardenia (darker pink), Walnut (peachy nude) and Linda's Beige which is my favorite, an nice true light beige nude without peach overtones.

These types of lipsticks are definitely for those who can handle the feel and texture. If you like creamy lipsticks, then don't try these. Yes, these are more drying and almost paint-like but that's the trade-off for the long wear. Personally, I prefer it. I don't care for moisturizing lipsticks because I'll be lucky to get an hour wear and then it'll bleed on me as well. These stay put and wear off nicely with very little transfer. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Krystilline

I don't see why there are so many awful reviews of this product. I have it in Apricot, Diane's Tuberose, and Hibiscus and I love all three! I think the mistake most women make is applying too much. This stuff needs only one coat. More than one coat and it flakes, just like everyone says. I guess most of us are just used to having to do several coats, so we do. Don't. The thinner the coat, the better it stays. I put it on first thing in the morning and it doesn't need a touch up all day. If you sleep in it, you might wake up looking like you're wearing thick lipliner, but basic oil free makeup remover will take it right off in the evenings. The case is so nifty in that you can't lose one or the other, and it's also mirrored so that when you peel the sticker off - hey presto! No compact needed :) This product gets a five out of five for packaging, but a three out of five for price. It's not dirt cheap or cheap, but for the quality you get, it's a reasonable price. My only complaint is itslack of light pink colors. Hibiscus is a hot pink, and is about as pink as it gets. It still gets a five out of five overall. I will definitely buy again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by AmieJaye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product 3 days ago in hopes of finding a lipcolour I could wear to work since where I work, I can't be reapplying my make up all day so whatever I wear has to last. Anyways at the store they had every color in stock but I just didn't find it to be a very good selection. I was hoping to find a light or medium soft pink, but all the shades seem to have more of a darker undertone. After careful deliberation I chose Diane's Tuberose (209) even though it's more of a darker rose I thought it'd be nice.

Unlike in all the other reviews I didn't have any problems with flaking. Granted I find there to be a little too much product on the applicator and I had to wipe it a lot so I wouldn't smother my lips in gloss. I let it dry for 2 minutes as instructed then put on the moisturizing balm. It stayed glossy for a little while but after an hour it felt like I wasn't wearing lipgloss anymore and I wasn't near any mirrors so I decided it had wiped off so I didn't hold back from licking, biting or pursing my lips. 3 hours later when I got to a mirror my lips were just as pink as when I first put the color. Same as when I checked again 3 hours after that. I was very impressed. I even put some on an hour before I went to bed (which is bad but I wanted to see how well it would last) and when I woke up my lips were still bright and my pillowcase clean. So all in all I love this product, but I just don't think the colour looks right on me which is very distressing. This works better than any lipstain or lipstick I've worn before, but unless they put out some shades that work with my skintone I won't be rebuying this. Such a shame.