September 16, 2014 | 1719 users online

Cleansers - La Vitton - Laventine Water-soluble Facial Cleansing Oil Dry/Normal Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by zephir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used to be a MAC Cleanse Off Oil fan, and went through several bottles of it. However, I noticed that if I used it more than a few nights in a row, I would get dry, flaky patches on my skin. I did love the ease of use, the smell, and effectiveness. I tried this one by Laventine (used to be La Vitton) and I found the ease of use and effectiveness to be equal. I really liked the smell of MAC-it smelled like lemon cookies to me (delicious!) and I equally enjoy this scent, although it's definitely more herbal and not as edible smelling.

It is more affordable than MAC (price/mL), and I do like the fact that it is only made of a few ingredients and no parabens. I also no longer get dry patches.

I did knock off a lippy because the pumping mechanism leaks....not a huge problem as I decanted into an old MAC bottle :)

I would probably buy again, even though I like trying new things (may try MAC Tranquil oil next...)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2009 3:11:00 AM More reviews by GinSengTea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought both Olive Forte Water-soluble Facial Cleansing Oil and this Water-soluble Facial Cleansing Oil Dry/Normal Skin.
So far, I tried this cleansing oil for dry/normal skin. It smells like lavender and geranium. I like the smell of lavender, but geranium not so much. The geranium smell is so much stronger than the lavender. But after using this cleansing oil for a few months, I don't even notice the smell anymore. If I have to describe the texture of this oil, I would say it's not as thick as DHC but not as runny as Shu. Based on the price ($24.95), quantity (8 oz) and shipping cost (free when you buy over $30), I would say this brand more reasonable than DHC. I am not sure I'll buy this cleansing oil again, I may get 2 Olive Forte bottles next time. Laventine is based in New York, and I live in California, so I took a week to receive the cleansers.