December 18, 2014 | 1857 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Professional Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2014 5:08:00 AM More reviews by SuzisZoo

I'm 46, so yes, I actually HAVE some lines and wrinkles!
I bought the Olay Pro-X starter kit a few weeks ago, which contained the eye cream, this wrinkle cream, and a day cream with SPF. I used the eye cream and this wrinkle cream til they were gone, so about 2 weeks (3 for the eye cream). I immediately repurchased the eye cream because I saw a marked difference, and I'll write a review on that as well. As far as the wrinkle cream, I didn't think it was anything special; a good moisturizer but no different than my Regenerist that I had been using. So I did not repurchase and went back to my regular Regenerist night cream. Within 2 weeks I noticed my wrinkles seemed more prominent and my skin just looked tired. I repurchased this wrinkle cream and after using it again for just a week, I already see a difference. The fine lines around my top lip (not a smoker but have always been a huge straw-drinker) are pretty much gone and the other lines on my face are greatly diminished as well. I will definitely keep using this.
SO basically this is one of those products that doesn't seem to be doing much until you stop using it and see the awful difference!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 5:05:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this product in the past and then tried other things. I've recently starting using this again, on a consistent basis. My skin looks and feels different when I use this. The expression lines on my forehead have diminished. Even the number "11" between my brows has faded. My skin feels smoother to the touch. I've used many wrinkle products that did nothing. This one delivers. This cream is rich and super moisturizing which is great for dry skin but might pose a problem if you've got oily or acne prone skin. When the Pro-X line was first launched I balked at the price, which was around $45.00. Kind of a lot for drugstore skincare. The price seems to have come down a bit. You can pick this up for under 40 dollars now and get it for even less when it goes on sale. Olay also puts coupons out in the Sunday paper on a fairly regular basis. Definitely worth trying if you current wrinkle regime isn't cutting it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by dsjnix

I'm 56 and don't expect miracles anymore from products so I has realistic expectations with this. I have used now for about two months and can honestly say it has softened the deep lines in my forehead and those dreaded 11 lines between brows. Now on my second jar. It's not a miracle cream but having tried many it's as good as anything out there for its purpose. I use retinol at night underneath it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 5:17:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this for Christmas 2013. I find this to be just an average moisturiser. However it does win points for not making my eczema flare up or upsetting my dry skin, and for being fragrance free.

I probably wouldn't buy this again as I like my skin care products to be efficacious when it comes to anti aging etc.

As a side note, the packaging is just ridiculous. What a waste of plastic!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am acne prone and have sensitive skin. This did not cause breakouts, but it caused my skin to burn. It worked about halfway through the jar and then for some reason it started making my skin itchy and burning. Then, I started using it on my neck. It was fine for 2 weeks and then it started itching and burning. So, I used the rest of the jar on my body. I don't like the jar to dip my fingers in and I feel like it is expensive for a drugstore product. I used up the whole jar but mostly on my body. I didn't have enough to use on my body to know if it would start itching and burning. If you have super sensitive skin, I would stay away from this product. If not, then it works great at moisturizing and being non greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by joyw2010

I'm almost through my second bottle, and I absolutely love it! Never have I liked Olay night cream because my sensitive skin broke out on other Olay products. But this one was a surprise, my skin doesn't break out at all, and after a week or so, I saw visible improvement on my skin texture and skin tone, my skin is more even looking and soft on touches. I've bought the sun screen and facial cleaner afer I tried and liked this one, and I like the sun screen as well. There's no fragrance in the pro-X serie and my super sensitive skin didn't break out once. I will try the eye cream next.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by moonshyne777

I have been using this at night after cleansing and I'm really impressed with it. It would be better if it were in a pump of course but the results make up for the jar packaging. It goes on nicely, sinks in well and does not leave any greasy film on my skin like some night creams have. In the morning my skin looks great! Smooth, hydrated and I definitely notice a reduction in the appearance of lines. Great product although VERY pricey.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by RAPPEL

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for almost a year. I do like this product. I think the fragrance is very light and I like the texture as well. I did notice a difference in my skin right away when I first started using this some time ago. I have never experienced any bad reactions to this product. Not a miracle worker....but skin is smoother :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by Mickey156

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product should come with a warning label, and I am serious. I used it in combination (according to directions) with the ProX Deep Wrinkle Serum around my crow's feet and above my lips before retiring for the evening. I awakened to a stinging sensation, more of it near my under eye area. I immediately cleaned my face with a mild neutral cleanser. That didn't stop the reaction from continuing - AT ALL.

By evening, my face was swollen to near unrecognizability. My eyes were almost swollen shut, and my face felt like it was on fire. I spent the rest of the night with ice packs on my face. Imagine a severe burn from a sunlamp? Maybe that best describes the way my skin looked. My family urged me to see a doctor. I decided that the swelling wasn't worsening, so I held off. By the third day, the swelling was about gone, the peeling had just begun. I literally had three episodes of complete peeling of the skin on my face. Maybe this should have been packaged as a chemical peel - at least in my case.

In all fairness, Olay was responsive and sympathetic, but I still would like to caution others to try these product on your inner wrist overnight before you apply them to your face to make sure you don't have a violent allergic reaction to the product.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by panela05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not too greasy and I like that there's no scent to it. It's pricey for being a drugstore brand, but I can honestly say that this moisturizer along with their other products work just as well as my Lancome products for a fraction of the cost.