September 2, 2014 | 1966 users online

Top/Base Coats - RUSH 60 Second High Speed Top Coat

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by sugarbush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just purchased this top coat after rave reviews from another customer at the beauty supply store. She raved and raved over it and the clerk said that she's heard tons of customers come in and rave about it, too. I thought, "I haven't found a good top coat yet, so this one should be good!"

Well, it dries fast like it says and it gives a glossy coat, which I love. However, I put it on about an hour or two before I went to sleep. I woke up with smooth nails, which is great! BUT, the nails were also chipped. Already. I was really frustrated, because I wanted a top coat that would last. Because the top coat chipped, the rest of the polish also chipped, resulting in me having to take everything off again and I'm going to have to redo my manicure...again. I mean, this happened in my sleep. I can only imagine how badly it would chip after washing my hands a few times and typing on my keyboard all day at work.

Very disappointed. If it wasn't for the chipping, this would be an awesome product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by LindaAsch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at Sally's, big bottle, thought this would be efficient since I paint my nails every night, it's my hobby. I've bought Sash and SH quick dry formulas, love them both. Did Not like this product!! My polish chipped and peeled on several nails, as well as two nails that broke, that was in the one day at work. I know that my job is a serious issue for my nails, that's why I use SH tough as Nails top coat, but I only expect one day out of my polish use, so my polish should make it through the day for the most part. If I brake a nail it's usually out of carelessness or sticking my fingers where they don't belong. That was not the case, my nails seem to be brittle and were obviously exposed, since my polish peeled and chipped on several nails. This product is not worth the price of $5, I'll always pick up the better brands, Top coats are extremely important to the care of my nails, so always by the good stuff. SH products are worth their price, even if the bottle seems small compared to Rush.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by baileykf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought ribs at Sally's in June. Have barely used 1/4 of the bottle and have painted my nails at least 20 times! I especially like it because it isn't super thick. It definitely lasts a while and I am going to buy the bigger bottle once I run out. I recommend it to everyone!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by lizardfield

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This used to be my go-to topcoat. I would get it for just $5 for a big bottle. I'm always really generous in applying topcoat so it was nice to have so much product. It flakes really easily though, and when my nails start flaking I tend to peel it off further. I was visiting home once and used some topcoat I bought my mom as a gift from Walmart (big round bottle, can't remember the brand, but it was similarly as cheap) and those nails stayed better than when I had used this product. Since then I tried out Seche Vite and I think I'm in love.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by kwpdb8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The Rush top coat has great shine and average staying power. The dry time is acceptable. This top coat does NOT dry the polish beneath though, so it's very important that the color be completely dry before applying Rush.

I won't buy this again, because the bottle is massive. The brush is annoyingly long, but the bottle is quite tall, so I suppose it makes sense. I will use it as my manicure refresher top coat, which is a role it serves well. Not my pick for a primary top coat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

UPDATE: I had been dabbling with SV tc for a long while and had not been using Rush for quite some time. I finally went to repurchase a new bottle at Sallys recently to find that the price was lower. Like less than $5 for that big 1 oz bottle. When applying this tc over polish it becomes dry to the touch in a few minutes but it doesnt set for well over a half an hour. I had dents and dings left & right on my mani. So I am only using this tc on my pedicures from now on to save my SV tc for my fingernails which dries and sets much much faster than this. I will still repurchase though. Its reliable and priced right. The brush still becomes detached from the bottle cap even as a new bottle which is extremely annoying now but so long as i tighten it back it lodges itself back in place so whatever i guess.--------------------------original review----------- I can't believe I haven't reviewed this! It is my HG top coat. I've repurchased this numerous times over the past several years already. I have not found a better fast drying top coat than this out there. It truly does dry quickly but it does take longer than 60 seconds. Maybe 5 minutes if that? But wow! That is fast. A really big bottle for 6.99 @ Sally Beauty Supply. I have had a problem with the brush becoming detached from the cap before but the formula is so great that it doesnt stop me from repurchasing. LOVE this top coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 More reviews by krystleblustar

This is the best top speed top coat I have ever used. It gives great shine,no chipping, long lasting and it does dry fast. I recommend it to everyone. I have girlfriends borrowing it when they run out and can't get it. It also stays fluid, the others I had got thick and had to throw away. The bigger 1 oz. bottle lasts a long time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 9:01:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

I picked this up on a whim. I thought the HUGE 1 fl. oz bottle for this top coat at under five dollars was too good to resist. My thought is that it's just okay. It doesn't offer a high gloss shine, imo. It doesn't dry in 60 seconds either. I would advise people to wait at least two minutes before doing anything! It may feel dry to the touch but it will smudge easily if you don't wait the extra time. Another issue I found is that it doesn't make the polish chip but it peels off the entire color/base when you get a little nik just like SV did to me. I do love that it isn't as goopy as SV and it goes on so fluid and easy! Also, I love that there is no scent to this and it's pleasant to work with. However, I wish the shine was better so I don't see repurchasing this when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This dries my polish just as fast as SH's Mega Shine, but it doesn't offer the same protection. My polish dried very quickly, but it chippen the next day.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by soozenc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this when I ran out of my Sally Hansen Inst-Dri. I have to say I didn't like it. It didn't seem to leave a high glossy finish like the Sally Hansen. It did dry well, but after a two days my nail polish started to chip. Something that generally doesn't happen with my Sally Hansen Insta-Dri. So in the end I went back to the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri. I didn't like the RUSH top coat.