November 22, 2014 | 1722 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Sephora - Vanilla Cupcake Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 9:35:00 AM More reviews by stylesnburberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of this cream!!! An empty case was sitting on my dresser and I decided it was review worthy. It was dirt cheap ($5),it had quality, it moisturized your skin and had a pleasant smell (that is if you like bakery scents). Not much more I can say about this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why anyone is complaining about the scent, because to me, it smells just like what it claims to be; It's definitely the scent of a vanilla cupcake. You can smell the vanilla, the buttery cupcake flavor, the milk, the almond, and a tinge of honey in it. It smells good enough to eat! The body butter itself is great, too. It's thick, so very creamy, and it absorbs perfectly and quickly. This body butter moisturizes intensely, leaving your skin to feel baby soft. What a shame...This was such good quality for a relatively cheap product, and now it's discontinued.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EEEeewww! I hated the smell of this. I'm not sure what the "fragrance testers" at Sephora were thinking but this is no where near vanilla cupcake scented. It smells like overly toasted, nutty vanilla with the smell of feet added. I was hoping for creamy, buttery, sweet vanilla. This is not good. I guess that explains why it's always on clearance. I do like how moisturizing it is though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely hate the smell of this stuff! I bought it online thinking it would smell as yummy as the cupcake shower gel but it doesnt. Very disappointed. Luckly my father liked the scent and took it over. Lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by PositivelyRadiant

If you like the smell of vanilla and baked goods all rolled into one, this is the scent for you. Even better than the scent is the texture and creaminess of the body butter. It's so luxuriously moisturizing, but it's thick so I wouldn't recommend this body butter during the summer months when you could end up looking and feeling like an oil slick. I like this body butter better than Dylan's Candy Bar Birthday Cake Batter, simply because of the texture. When I want to emphasize the vanilla scent of the body butter I wear Laura Mercier's Vanille Gourmande eau de toilette. That's a whole lot of vanilla-y goodness!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I don't think this smell was for me, it's a bit too much. Overly sweet and sugary (cakey). I like the consistency it's a bit thinner than body shop butter which I always found too thick. I would buy this butter in another scent next time. For sugary, cake smells I will stick with Cake brand or Mor sorbet lotion (loved this) both of which I found lighter in scent. This was just too strong, will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by apollo84

I use this in conjunction with the vanilla cupcake shower gel and it's such a fantastic combo. The price freaked me out a little at first but I swear this stuff lasts forever, and I use it every day! What I love about this body butter is that it never feels greasy or heavy; it goes on really smoothly and the scent is never overpowering. I've tried a couple of the other body butters from Sephora's line but I keep going back to this one because the scent is so awesome! The packaging's alright, it's a pretty generous size IMO and a little goes a long way. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

This is an amazingly scented shower gel, but as a body cream it smells really off. I don't know what's going on- you kinda smell the bday cake but it's overshadowed by this weird plastic-y scent! Another reviewer said play-doh and I agree. As a moisturizer it's definitely decent, but it smells like a product that was sitting out too long and lost all of its flavor. Weird. Loved this scent in the shower gel though- THAT is delish.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by studybreak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yummy. I really like the soft buttercream scent and the product moisturizes quite well. Would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by forgetfuljones

Yuck! Vanilla scented plastic. :( It reminds me of vanilla play dough or something else very unnatural. I usually love anything vanilla, but this was just terribly wrong. I gave it 2 lippies because it really is an excellent moisturizer, but that's about the only thing it has going for it. And it's just too pricey at $16 for something that doesn't smell great. Come to think of it, most of Sephora's body butters have that strange plastic smell to them except for the apple pomegrantate, which I love. Definitely try before you buy!