November 24, 2014 | 1534 users online

Moisturizers - Merle Norman - LUXIVA® PREVENTAGE™ Firming Defense Creme Normal/Dry

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by cookiegirltoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really do love how this makes my skin feel moisturized. I just wish it had a higher SPF rating.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by oldfield86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is a great moisturizer for dry skin. I have dry skin except my T-Zone and it tends to get oily. I put this on and let it soak in a while before applying make-up or anything. Sometimes it gives me a little too much moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by SkinAndHairSerious

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I give up on moisturizers pretty quickly, after buying into the promises, and discovering a waxy mess, or a drying result. This one is a good one. Goes on easily. Makeup-ready in a minute or two. I'm not shiny or oily hours later. My complexion has improved a lot, and people have told me my skin looks great. Had my hair done last week, and my stylist kept suggesting I was younger than I am, saying things like I "don't know" what it's like yet to be her age! (but i do!) She asked me what I was using on my skin. I had to tell her it's not "your grandmother's" MN anymore, and how surprised I am by lots of well formulated products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 3:29:00 AM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my go-to every day moisturizer/firming cream/SPF. I love it. My skin looks moisturized but not overly so, and truly, I believe, a bit firmer. I use a serum at night, but not during the day with this "do it all" cream. I am very happy. Jar packaging could be improved, but that's a minor quibble.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by jaqi16

I use this year round and I really love it. I have sensitive/combination skin, too dry I break out, too oily I break out. Most moisturizers with SPF leaving me greasy or oily, this one doesn't AND it moisturizes! I haven't been able to find that in any other one, either it's a greasy mess or my face feels tight. I use this every morning after the foaming face wash (normal/dry) and it leaves me glowing. It seems to calm down any acne or redness also (even though it isn't meant for that). I find it really balances out my face which leads to less breakouts and dry or oily skin (I get a lot of compliments on my skin now... and this is my secret weapon). The jar lasts a really long time, so although initially it seems expensive (about $45) it lasts a long time (a least 6 months). I was using the Normal/Oily one but this one is so much better (since it also hydrates). I will probably try others out, because I like to experiment, but I always find myself coming back to this and it clearing up my skin reminding me of why I keep using it.