November 22, 2014 | 1486 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by brenda0Thmsn

Perfect foundation gives you a perfect complexion

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by acorsaut

I am a lover of pretty much all things MAC, and this is no exception - except in the summer time. During the year, I switch between this foundation and Studio Fix Fluid; the shade of my skin is somewhere between an NW 15 and an NW 20, so I'm always mixing the foundations.

This foundation I really like because in the winter is seems to set way better than in the summer and it keeps my skin from drying out. I don't have dry skin all the time, just the winter months where I live tend to dry things out. I love that in the winter this will go on smoothly and will set quickly (probably due to the dryness of the air) and it's buildable, meaning I can cover my redness without any issue although the foundation itself usually does a really good job. What I will say is that I have to totally let it set (and I usually do this with Fix + from MAC) or else when I put on powder/blush the foundation will lift.

I get how some users find this isn't great for them after using a product like Studio Fix Fluid but I find for the winter, this is pretty much my go to unless I have an event where I know I will be inside with lots of people and it's probably going to be hot. However, for every day (and I wear full make up every day) this is awesome and I have no regrets about buying it. The only issue is I wish MAC would make a shade between NW 15 and NW20 so I don't have to keep buying 2 foundations to mix.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2014 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Kharris5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I recently picked this up, and overall I am happy with it. I wish it was thicker coverage. I have acne though, so most would like this as is. I use concealer with it. I wish I could eliminate the second step of concealer, and have this work all by itself. However, acne makes everything more difficult.
My skin used to be combination but now it is dry and almost flaky due to acne medicine, but this foundation is not cakey or flaky. I will say if you have oily skin I don't know if it would work for you.
It smells weird, but you don't notice once it is on.
Unless my skin changes, I will continue to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Angelseleena

I was extremely hesitant to buy this because I haven't seen that many good reviews on it but I went along and bought it because I heard that the finish is nice and dewy which I like. I use face & body as well as this, and this give a nice natural finish but is more full coverage. :) long lasting, and has a variety of color matches. I'm NC30 in this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by bridgetcowles

This was my first Mac foundation that I ever bought and at the time I thought I loved it, but after trying different brands/types I've come to the conclusion that I really don't like it at all.

I find the gel-like formula harder to blend than liquid foundations and it doesn't leave a nice finish and feels thick/heavy on my skin.

However I do like the dewy finish, and it also doesn't tend to dry out my skin like some other foundations do. The colour selection is also good, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by BexyBeatdown

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product a few months ago as I'd heard so many rave reviews about it.
At first I wasn't too sure about it, I've always used powdered foundations in the past as I've always dreaded that 'shine' that can occur within a few hours of liquid foundation application but nevertheless I was willing to give it a chance.

At first I thought I'd made a mistake and wasted money on a foundation that was impossible to work with. No matter how much I blended it just wouldn't 'melt' into my skin, it was quite streaky and obvious I was wearing a 'mask' of makeup. I mixed it with moisturisers, tried adding some studio fix + but it just wasn't working. Not one to give up I did some research and decided to purchase a beauty blender sponge to help with the application process and WOW! What a difference it made. The foundation blended into my skin effortlessly and looked so dewy and natural. If you're going to purchase this foundation I highly recommend you invest in a Beauty Blender sponge, it really does make all the difference.

Agreeing with some other reviews that after awhile this foundation can turn a little shiny and if you're not careful, applying setting powder can turn it into a cakey mess. The bare minimal powder is needed and the brush you use to apply the powder can make all the difference. I use quite a fluffy brush and tap off any excess powder and just apply over my T Zone, if the brush is quite dense then it's extremely easy to go a little OTT with the powder.

I also avoid using this foundation under my eyes as it can settle into fine lines and be quite drying. I usually use my concealer alone under my eyes then just blend this foundation around it to match it in.

Overall this is a pretty good foundation for getting full coverage and a great finish but to get the best results it'll cost you a pretty penny as the results really do rely on the proper application which means purchasing the right sponges and brushes.

But at the moment I'm pretty happy with the results and will most likely repurchase again now that I have the know-how and right tools to get the finish I'm after.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 4:59:00 AM More reviews by MsNancy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've been using this for 2 years and this is my HG foundie. I have a dry skin (sometimes combination) and this product goes well on my face. And when my skin is very very dry i use it on top of clinique moisture surge and found out that my skin is so plumped and glowy. It gives a full coverage but doesn't give you a heavy looks. It stays all day on me (i don't wear any powder ontop of it) After 7 hours my T zone started to get oily but not in frustrated situation. Even you only need to dab your face with a tissue and it's fixed.
And i found out that this foundation works best if you use beauty blender to apply. I tried to apply it with finger and brush and it was so horrible. It doesnt break me out so i use it as my daily make up routine.
You only need a little amount of the product. And dab it as concealer on the spot that you want more of coverage. It would give you a cakey and fake look if you put on too much.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2014 8:57:00 AM More reviews by pebbles88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

had this for a long time - years and barely used it.
deciding to use it again and give it another go....

the first time around i HAD to use my fix+ spray after applying this foundation to give my skin a glow and some moisture otherwise it wud go grey and dry!! NOT GOOD.

getting bored of using studio tech now so gna try this again and update the review.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by missvanessaraab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so Excited to get this Foundation for my dry skin, but theres something about it I just don't like. Mainly the consistency its hard to blend and I've just been using it as a concealer. So bummed about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Makeup8910

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went to my local MAC counter expecting to try out Studio Fluid. However, the woman suggested I try Studio Sculpt instead as she says it's fuller coverage and is more suitable for normal/dry skin like mine.

The MA covered my whole face in the foundation and added mineralised powder and blusher.

I was quite impressed with the coverage the foundation. I was quite skeptical about my colour match (NC15) as i've previously been matched as NC15 in Pro Longwear and it was too dark. However it must be lighter in this range as it seemed to suit me better.

Unfortunately this foundation was way, way too dewey for my liking. It was also highly transferrable and I was scared of touching my face as I felt like it would have slid off!