MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7%; Titanium Dioxide 2%, Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polymethylsilesquioxane, Isostearic Acid, C4-24 Alkyl Dimethicone/Divinylmethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Shea Butter, Yeast Extract, Quercus Suber Bark Extract, Phytantriol, Dextrin Palmitate, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Cellulose Gum, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG -10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecyl PCA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Stearate, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

I only tried this foundation out in the store. Fyi I have normal to dry skin with large pores. This foundation looked good on my pores but it was very sticky and never dried the entire time I was in the store. I kept it on one side of my face for at least 20 mins and it never dried. Obviously I did not purchase this foundation. I got the pro Longwear. Even though I do not have oily skin and it is for that skin type, I found that applying a moisturizer immediately before application makes it perfect!

on 7/28/2015 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I decided to give Studio sculpt a go as I’ve been thinking about buying it for so long – and it scores top against Estee Lauder Double Wear and Studio Fix which are my staples.

When I went into the MAC store I asked the lovely girl who served me to help me decide between Studio Sculpt or Face and Body, as both were top scorers above my current foundation with Mac – Studio Fix.

I tried the Face and Body on my skin and although it felt very nice to touch as its water based, it was a very light coverage (too light for me). The MAC Girl said that the best way to apply the face and body was by rubbing it in your hands, like a moisturiser and then applying it like a face cream. She said it was buildable but would still only end up with a light/medium coverage, and would take a lot of work to build up. She also said it’s not workable with a foundation brush – and I LOVE my brush, so a no go for me!

Studio Sculpt Review:
Packaging: 5/5 (loses a point for no pump, but gains one as it fits so nicely in my make-up bag and doesn’t leak out!)
A long squirt tube – easy to store in my makeup bag, easy to squirt foundation out onto fingers or a brush. Nice. Personally I prefer the feel of a pump HOWEVER pumps always ‘pump themselves’ in my makeup bag and go everywhere  so this has the benefit of a hard top screw lid!
Colour Options: 5/5 – typical MAC range.
Colours work on either NW for Warm skin tones or NC for cool skin tones, and then numbers depending on the depth of colour. I am normally around NC25.
Application: 4/5 – I LOVE this to put on – but ONLY WITH A BRUSH – fingers are a NO NO!
Glides on very smoothly and evenly with my Foundation brush. I used slightly less product than I would my Studio Fix and it literally went on like magic – everywhere my brush went my face became perfectly covered and smooth. A joy to apply. No ‘blending out’ required, and I used enough to get full coverage. Really nice to put on.
Coverage: 5/5 – medium on first application, but not ‘fake’ looking.
The coverage was good – medium on first application – slightly more than the Studio Fix, but not crazy heavy – I wore it to work today and didn’t look like I’d come in from a hard night out . You can still see normal skin tone underneath – so not too heavy. Blendable to HEAVY if you would like that coverage.
Finish: 2/5 – gets super shiny!
When you put it on it’s a lovely semi matt, semi dewy finish. It’s definitely not powdery at all, it’s slightly ‘satiny’, but not too shiny. HOWEVER within about an hour I am starting to notice an increase in the shine department. This shiny finish is manageable with a light powder, if you’re willing to keep it in check.
Staying Power: ??? Tricky to rate – its stays put really well, but the finish changes over time and gets shiny - please ready below!
Tricky one – when I had finish my working day, I usually reapply my Studio Fix on my chin and under eye area before going out to re-cover blemishes. This wasn’t required with the studio Sculpt as it really stood the test of time – the cover was as good as it was when I first applied it. The only thing is the shine – it’s really QUITE shiny, and the shine comes on pretty quickly. If you don’t mind reapplying a light powder a few times throughout the day (which after several applications didn’t make me cakey at all) then this is a great product – lovely coverage and works well for me. It IS shiny – so be warned (FYI I’m combination skin – and this is shiny everywhere, not just the oily bits!). FYI – I tried it with
Product Compatibility: 4/5 – Works well with MAC products only.
Works well with my MAC bronzer and brush, grabbed a little on the brush (like the process of applying bronzer might wipe away the foundation, but not noticeable!). Might be noticeable with heavier application. DIDN’T work well with any other product (Estee Lauder concealer under the eyes) as it makes other products almost ‘glow’ and stand out. Worked well with my MAC studio Fix/Mineralise concealers.
Tool Compatibility: 5/5 with a brush. 0/5 with Fingers ?/5 Sponge (didn’t try it!)
This works very well with my foundation brush. I didn’t use a sponge as I don’t tend to. When I tried to apply a little more for extra coverage around my eyes, it didn’t smooth out particularly well – it almost went ‘oily’ and glided around my skin rather than into it. A quick swipe of the brush worked a treat and took me back to perfect application.
Price: £25
Not bad for the amount that you get! No extras like pumps required.

Overall: 4/5 – I will be buying this again. My main issue is the shiny finish – pretty annoying on my skin type. It MAY work really well on dry skin, as my ‘dry bits’ are not showing up at all and I’m not getting any patches which I usually do. I’d be tempted to give 3/5 due to the shine but the coverage and application, teamed with some powder to keep the shine in check, make this a winner 

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

so far i really like it, i have oily acneprone skin , not a lot of redness but just scars and i have worn this foundation now twice (im nc20) im on vacation where its 40*g celsius , i have worn it for at least 8 hours anddddd...... NO OIL SEEPING THROUGH WHAT SO EVER!! i was in shock, especially because its made for dry skin . it was nourishing though and it had a beautiful glow untill i set it with powder , not a fancy powder so it didnt stay on because of that . i just maybelline fit me powder in 120 . it didnt look natural to be honest , but not caky either . it just had dat "make-upy" look, and i didnt apply a lot . but the coverage makes it OK. i think its medium to full coverage if you use a pea size amount all over your face but it builds up very nicely and very easily . It hasnt broken me out so far but i will update .
lovin it!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I ran out to buy this simply because I wanted my skin to be as glowy as JLo's. The packaging is a tube but what I really like about it is the tiny opening which helps you get the exact amount of product out without wasting any. It applies evenly on the skin and it is very easy to blend whether it is with a brush or your typical old-school sponge. It doesn't exaggerate my dry patches but for extra hydration I like to mix in one or two drops of oil with it for my very high-maintenance skin. The coverage is really great, a medium-to-full coverage that doesn't look like you have two layers of skin. It does slightly settle after several hours into fine lines such as around my mouth but I don't mind it because it doesn't exaggerate them. It lasts a very long time on my skin but I don't usually have a problem with foundation coming off because I have very dry skin and it tends to hold on to everything. If you have oily skin, you're gonna absolutely hate this foundation because it's not gonna satisfy your needs and you might end up with greasy skin by the end of the day. The price is right and really great for a high-end foundation.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my first foundation from MAC and oh my god I am so glad I finally splurged and bought it. I originally went into MAC to get some samples of this foundation, but the makeup artist there actually tried the foundation on me, and I instantly fell in love. It gave such a dewy glow to my skin, but not too dewy, and it was also full coverage. Despite instantly falling in love with it I decided I would wait a few days and test it out before buying it because my skin is very sensitive so I wanted to make sure it wasn't going to break me out. I tested it and it didn't break my skin out, so I went and bought it right away. If you have oily skin, I don't think you would like this foundation just because it is quite thick and can leave a tacky feeling to the skin, however for someone like me with very dry skin, I love how it feels. For reference my perfect shade when I am tan is NC35 in MAC or 220 in the maybelline fitme.

on 7/14/2015 6:12:00 PM

If i had dry skin i would probably give this a 5. However, for oily skins this is one of those that really transfers and you can feel it on your skin. Looks beautiful though. Did get compliments as soon as i switched to this last year. Oily skins are better off with mac waterproof foundation. Feels the same (thick and creamy) and looks just as good but lasts longer.

on 7/14/2015 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

The price is a little on the high side but it is soooooo worth it!! This has great coverage and last all day for me when I set it with a powder.I wear(NW 43) I really like its warm undertones that it contains. I have very oily skin which can be a problem and was hesitant at first but fell in love and with this product.

on 7/6/2015 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

This foundation is HORRIBLE. Last year I got mini bumps on my face after wearing something, it wasn't until this year that I realised it was THIS god-awful foundation. Not only do I get small bumps all over my cheek and jawline; it also leads to redness on my already indian skin which leads my whole face to look grey. Honestly, one of the worst foundations I have ever come across.

on 6/27/2015 2:11:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This just might be my holy grail foundation! I am fair with combination/dry skin with redness. I love this foundation. I went in to MAC with the intention to buy lipsticks and get matched for foundation. The girl tested this on me and I fell in love! It has medium coverage that is very build able, which is a huge plus for me. I am a perfect match for NC15, however for summer I bought the NW15 to give me some warmth in my face. Since I'm neutral, I love that I fit both shades and they still look okay. The one downside to this is that I feel like it doesn't blend well into my hairline. No matter if I use a brush, beauty blender, or my fingers.

on 6/24/2015 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Freaking great coverage and lasting foundation, face looks flawless for the longest time and covers everything, best MAC foundation,

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Request: My Current Foundation Routine and Blue,Brown and Gold Evening look by Toni3luv

Top Rated MAC Products