January 30, 2015 | 1956 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2015 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Venenumletalis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

MAC Studio Sculpt is by far my favorite foundation now. I have combination skin with occasional dry patches on my cheeks, and it took me years to find a foundation that is moisturizing, provides medium to full coverage, lasts all day, doesn't cling to the dry patches one tiny bit, looks very natural. I didn't get any breakouts from this foundation, in fact my skin looks better and healthier, and I have less clogged pores than ever.
You can get medium to full coverage, and even with full coverage it feels very good on the skin. I'm one of those people who usually finds almost every foundation heavy and uncomfortable to wear, running to the bathroom to wash it off. Studio Sculpt is great this way, I don't even notice it is there.
I was surprised to see people saying it is cakey. Perhaps, they aren't applying it right?
I simply apply this foundation with my fingers, right on top of my Shiseido Ibuki moisturizer, and it blends beautifully, leaving natural, satiny finish. I don't use any powder to set it, I don't feel it is necessary (maybe powder makes some ladies' faces cakey?). If I'm having an oilier skin day, I just blot with a kleenex. I get a full day of perfect finish without any problems.
I'm not sure why some people have the settling in lines/pores issue. Never had that happen. This might not work for under-eye concealing, I don't know, but then it is not really designed for it, just use Prolongwear concealer instead- never creases.
My main tip for those who want to buy Studio Sculpt is to get a few samples and test them out first in good light, because I find that colors run a bit dark or maybe it oxidizes a little on me, and it is impossible to see the color right in the store light right after they apply it. I have light skin, but I'm not the pales girl ever. A consultant matched me to NW20, as I have cool tone skin but I found it too dark and too pink, so I matched myself to NC15 instead, as it is a very nice neutral color, not yellow at all. Perfect match. So try the foundation yourself, and don't be afraid to try both nw and nc.
I highly recommend this foundation, I think it is wonderful. I have repurchased it already, it's so good. Beats Chanel Vitalumier and various Lancomes!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2015 8:26:00 AM More reviews by foxy14

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best yet!!!!Truly impressive foundation.I was happy with becca but went to mac because whenever I compliment someones makeup they are wearing mac.So the MA put the moisturizing ,full coverage studio sculpt on in nw25 and then studio fix in nw25.Simply beautiful combo. So now that I am completely satisfied with my foundation I was wondering if you ladies think mac foundation brushes and powder brushes really make a difference???

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2015 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Beautyevs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

My HG foundation!! I have been using this for over 2 years now and I'm only halfway through my second tube, a little definitely goes a long way.
First layer is probably medium coverage but I usually just take whatever is left on the back of my hand and apply it to any problem areas and then it gives a really nice full coverage foundation.
It is a gel like formula so it is a little more difficult to blend than really runny liquid foundations, but it is not difficult at all. It lasts soo long, I put it on about 7:30am and then when I come home about 5:00pm it is still looking good, a little shiny but I can get away without having to powder all day.
I suffer from eczema and dry patches and this is perfect for that - nothing covers eczema better, it covers the redness and doesn't cling or highlight the dry and flaky areas.
I wouldn't recommend this for people with oily skin as it is a very moisturizing, dewy foundation and it may make your skin look extra shiny if you suffer from oily skin.
One bad thing about it - it does go super cakey if you powder it heavily. I made the mistake of completely mattifying my face with powder while wearing this and after 2 hours it looked cakey and just absolutely horrible - do don't do that!!

Overall, I would recommend this foundation if you like medium/full coverage foundation that gives a dewy finish and you don't mind giving the powder a miss (obviously, lightly set it but don't add too much).

Love this foundation!! Holy grail!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2015 4:36:00 AM More reviews by Ehg23

Great foundation for heavy coverage. When I suffered badly from Acne this was the only foundation to give proper coverage and not cause more spots. I used it throughout my acne treatment on Roaccutane and it caused no problems. It is quite heavy and now my skin is clear I only need to use a tiny amount however as it is quite a heavy foundation I wouldn't recommend it for daily wear if you want a light finish- I only use it for evenings, and have something lighter for daytime. (YSL fusion ink)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2015 12:36:00 PM More reviews by verseau213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm super excited, because I FINALLY found the right foundation for my skin. It's hard to leave a review for foundation (unless it's non-functional) because it's one of those cosmetic items that really depends on your skin type, chemistry, etc. A few years ago my skin went from normal/combination to dry/sensitive. I tried a bunch of different foundations, but this one is finally what did it. It doesn't settle in my lines, it's moisturizing enough, but not too much, and it also is the PERFECT color. I definitely don't think this would be ideal for someone with oily skin, but if you have normal/dry-ish skin, then this could possibly work well. I find it long-lasting as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2015 3:18:00 AM More reviews by sassylatina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The distinctive thing about MAC is that the shades best reflect the full spectrum of skin tones. The other distinctive thing about MAC, is that it is known to be harsh on the skin. In all fairness I've never had any make up improve my skin, but MAC foundation certainly takes it's toll.

I didn't give this a higher ranking because it looks oily after a few hours. In person it looks very airbrushed and complete, but in pictures the oiliness is even more apparent. The SPF concentration is only 15. I absolutely must use this with powder, otherwise the oil will surface even sooner. I'll keep it around until I find a better liquid, but this is not "the one".

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

SELECTED SHADE: NC37
APPLICATION METHOD: flat-top kabuki

PROS

- satin finish
- easy to blend
- medium to full coverage
- lightweight
- does not accentuate dry spots
- little goes a long way
- packaging
- long wearing

CONS

- price

COMMENTS: This was love at first application. The consistency is on the thick side, but it's easy to blend and feels light on the skin. I love the finish - looks very natural. It's definitely a satin finish and offers medium to full coverage. This is definitely suited for normal to dry skin types as it doesn't control oil much, but it didn't look bad on my combination skin either. A little goes a long way with this stuff, which helps to justify the price tag. I didn't find this accentuated my dry spots. My pores look blurred, as well. I also like the packaging because you'll be able to use up every last bit of it; plus you get a little more than your standard 30ml amount. This is worth checking out if you're not among the many who breakout from MAC foundations.

Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2014 5:31:00 AM More reviews by AbiPres

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm really gutted I don't like this foundation as I really wanted to, I love mac foundations having used prolongwear and studio fix before although I was getting fed up with the "full coverage" and "made up" look I wanted something with more of a satin or dewy finish and I found this, as it sates it has a satin finish but with medium / buildable coverage which sounds awesome but honestly this just doesn't work, as it's gel based it sets very fast so you have to work quickly. If you only want to use a small amount for a lighter coverage it's difficult as it sets and is so hard to blend out. I have really easy skin to work with I can pretty much use anything without any oiliness or dry patches but after an hour or two of wear my t zone is glowing I found myself having to powder constantly. It sets into fine lines terribly underneath the eyes making the skin look dry and cakey (ew) and on the forehead making me look old and I'm only 23!!! I didn't even notice I had lines on my forehead until this foundation highlighted them for me lol! Some people really love this though so maybe it's just not what I wanted as I said before I wanted to come away from the cakey full coverage appearance and with this I feel like you have to use a lot of product for it to blend.

On a positive I really like the smell of this it doesn't seem to have that paint scent like studio fix does, and the packaging is really good as it's a squeeze tube you will get most of the product out of it. But for me that's as far as the positives go! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by krystaljohnston

i am so obsessed with this foundation! i bought it with high expectations because of my fellow youtubers recommendations and i am blown away. it has a semi matte finish and DOES NOT BUDGE! lasts all day on me even without setting it :) would highly recommend!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by sophhh

I have a lot of mixed feelings about this foundation. I had really high expectations for Studio Sculpt because one of my favorite youtubers had shown a clip of her wearing it and it was absolutely stunning on her. I had gotten a sample from MAC in NC42 not too long ago. I used the RT Buffing Brush to apply this and I must say it took some time to blend. After it was thorougly blended in, the finish was gorgeous: beautifully dewey & healthy. If you're not into the whole glowing skin trend, this is not for you. Despite the beautiful finish, I felt obligated to set it with powder which I don't usually do all over my face, but this foundation was SO sticky. I wore this for 12 hours, but by the third hour my face looked like it came out of the McDonalds deep frier. The lasting power was not all that great either. Loved it at first, but I just hated walking around with that sticky feeling and on top of that I looked like a grease-ball. Therefore, I wouldn't recommend this to my oily skin girls out there. Maybe dry?