July 29, 2014 | 1811 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 9:03:00 AM More reviews by amandamarieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am very pleased with this foundation.

First of all, it works incredibly well with my dry skin and it looks beautiful, dewy and natural both with a damp sponge/a beauty blender or buffed into the skin with a brush.

It just melts into the skin and gives a very healthy and nice glow to the skin and it also feels quite hydrating. The consistency is thick but is surprisingly easy to work with and then you only need the tiniest amount to go for your whole face. For me, around a squeeze is enough (and even too much sometimes) - a little goes quite a long way with this foundation and therefore, it will probably last you quite a long time since the tube is quite big and as said, you dont need much to make it work at all.

The smell is a little funky but nothing overbearing at all and if you have been using Mac face products before, it probably doesn't surprise you. But rather that than it containing perfume, which can be harmful to the skin.

This foundation can feel a little heavy throughout wearing and it is medium coverage (can definitely be build up to full). But with that said, i dont really mind the feeling of it - its not the lightest feeling foundation ever, but not the thickest/heaviest either. Even though if you do generally really mind the feeling of makeup on your face, maybe this particular foundation wouldn't be very right for you.

This definitely has a dewy finish and im not sure if it would work too well on oily skin, as it is quite glowy, hydrating and it does tend to make you shiny throughout the day - but with a great powder, that can easily be fixed.

This is definitely one of my favorite foundations and i do use it quite regularly. I would happily recommend this to people who has dry to normal skin, looks for a natural glow and medium to full coverage.

All in all, a very wonderful foundation! And i am convinced that i will repurchase this, when i one day run out if it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by homiegee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finish: satin/dewy
Packaging: squeeze tube
Coverage: medium
Buildability: slight
Transfer Resistant: no

I have always wanted to try this foundation, but I figured my skin was just too oily for a moisturizing gel formula. Over the past couple months, my skin has slowly changed to a more normal, even slightly dry, type from the oil slick that I have always been (THANK HEAVENS). Because I've been slightly drier, I was finally able to try MAC's Studio Sculpt foundation. I've dabbled with their foundations from time to time (studio fix liquid and powder, matchmaster, prolongwear, and studio tech) but have never stuck with one because none have truly wowed me. I liked prolongwear for a while, but kind of got over it. Now, onto Studio Sculpt. I am in love with the finish. It is definitely a satin to dewy finish. If you are regularly on the oily side, you will not like this, even if you use a super matte setting powder. The finish of this foundation always comes through and I actually really love that. I can't stand the sticky feeling of liquid foundation by itself, even after it sets on its own, so powdering is a must for me, but I don't want to ruin the dewy finish. Thankfully, the glow shows through. I use MAC's Select Sheer loose powder to set. The packaging is great. It's in a squeeze tube with a matte black screw cap. Its easy to get the right amount and avoid wasting product that isn't exactly cheap ($37CAN). The blendability is awesome. I use a duo fiber stippling brush and it looks flawless. I do use a silicone based primer with this foundation and that coupled with the gel formula of this foundation gives me a smooth result every time. Coverage amount is pretty subjective, but I would consider this a medium coverage. Minor flaws and redness are covered, but I still feel the need to use concealer on top to completely cover darker marks from past acne and darkness under the eye. Building this foundation works out okay, but not amazingly, so I would not suggest to do that all over your face as it will look heavier on the skin. Stick with a thin layer all over, really blend it in, and then add concealer wherever you need. As far as the shades in this foundation compared to MAC's other foundations, I find they all very slightly. Some run darker, others lighter, so if possible, go in and get matched or match yourself in person. This foundation does transfer slightly, but that's to be expected with any foundation that's on the dewy side with a slight rub on clothing. I find this does last all day on me without separating or fading away. It does fade slightly, but only slightly. I doesn't make me feel that I need to touch up the coverage through the day. Overall, I am really loving this foundation and am excited to put it on because it really does make your skin look natural and radiant, given the coverage and amount you use.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it seemed really moisturizing and great for dry skin. It has a very thick cream consistancy, which means its easier to get a cake face going on.

On the face, it has a nice dewey finish that does not cling to dry spots. If you put too much on its noticeable and may feel a little sticky. It transfers easily. It lasts a nice amount of time, at least the whole school day.

Overall, I felt it deserves a 3.5 but rounded up. I do like it for the most part.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by moonstonebeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I personally love this foundation, but I can see why some people wouldn't. I have very dry skin and I wear this everyday and it makes my skin look so lovely! It's especially amazing in winter. It has a medium-full coverage depending on application and how much you use, and lasted a full 6-8 hours on me without a primer and without budging :) I've applied it with my fingers, a stippling brush, a buffing brush, and a beauty blender, and I find that a damp beauty blender gives the smoothest, nicest finish but lighter coverage than the other methods, however layering is not a problem so it is my preferred method. It leaves me with a satin finish and lives up to most of the claims MAC has made about it. The plastic squeeze tube is so convenient and looks classy too! I haven't found my HG foundation but this is the closest for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:40:00 AM More reviews by campbeellsoup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product works well on someone with very little discoloration and imperfections but when I use it, you can still see my redness. When coming out it has little water that squirts out before the foundation, a but like when you squeeze ketchup out, no matter how well you shake it. Does look oily after a few hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by ButterflyLobster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually wear Studio Fix Fluid foundation but I wanted a change so I turned to Studio Sculpt. I like this foundation a lot, it has medium to full coverage and it gives my face a matte and flawless finish. It hides all imperfections and the colour match is spot on. The only problem is that this makes you look oily after an hour or so, whereas Studio Fix Fluid does not. I don't mind it too much but if you're a person who has super oily skin I would stay away from it :(

Overall I would give this product a 7/10

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by gabrielledx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

On first impressions, this foundation was great. M.A.C is a brand that I've grown to trust over the years because of its huge following and products that many swear by. Since I didn't have too good of an experience with their Studio Fix Fluid foundation, I turned to this. At first, this foundation looked flawless on my skin. I have always used liquid foundations as I have dry skin, this foundation appealed to me as it had a mousse like texture to it. I thought that this foundation would keep my skin hydrated. Within an hour, I had excessive oil all over my face. This had never been a problem before this foundation. No blotting or powder application could fix this. I gave it a chance and tried many different techniques including; using less product, powder, primer and different application. On a positive note, it was a perfect colour match for my pale skin. If you're looking to purchase this foundation, I recommend trying the foundation at your local store/counter and wearing it for a full day. I've given up with M.A.C foundations but their concealers compensate for the troubles I've had.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by sammi980

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like to spend the most money on foundation because a bad foundation will make me break out... that being said I am very happy with this foundation. It is full coverage and does ok with blending and contouring. A negative with this foundation is that it is NOT an all day wear. At one point your face will feel greasy so after about 4 hours I take it off and reapply. Even though reapplying is tedious I found it made for better skin because I washed my face in the middle of the day and put on new makeup. I will buy this again, it is my favorite full coverage foundation of all time.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 6:15:00 AM More reviews by melissa1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A few years ago this didn't work for my oily/combo skin but since Estée Lauder changed their double wear formula I have had no choice but to seek for a new holy grail! I was always a fan of MAC Studio Fix but wanted something a little more dewy looking for spring/summer so thought I'd have another go with the Studio Scuplt. I also found out that this is MAC's highest coverage foundation, beforehand I thought it was Studio Fix. I am now in love with this one, i buff it in and it is buildable which I love! I also find that initially it appears tacky but then soon dries but not do much that I appear cake like I have a soft dewy finish and this doesn't make my pores have oil break outs through the day like the new DW does!! People have said that us oily girls need to set this but I haven't even had to do that.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by jilliemax

I have combination skin (T-zone) and absolutely love this foundation. The color I've been using (NW20) is a great match for my skin my tone (fair with pink undertones). I like a foundation color that neutralizes the redness in my skin. This foundation gives a radiant, even toned appearance, without being matte, but at the same time not really dewy. Another plus, is that I don't find my T-zone to be as oily by mid-day as it was with other foundations (Had been using Chanel Perfection Lumiere, but coverage was just okay and never really had the perfect color match). I find MAC Studio Sculpt really stays put all day long and into the night. I've noticed some reviewers have had trouble with application of this foundation. This is not a foundation to be applied with fingers. A very little goes a long way. The trick is to dot a small amount around one section of the face at a time and blend with a damp cosmetic sponge. By applying this way, you will get great coverage, but also a light, even finish.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No