Nutri-Ox System For Thinning & Fine Hair

3.7

on 3/27/2015 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My hair is thinning in the crown, so I was happy to find this product. Nutri Ox claims to see results in a week, I noticed a difference with my hair in four days. My hair looks and feel slightly thicker. I've been using Nutri Ox for only a week and I'm pleased so far.

I've read some other reviews and some weren't happy with Nutri Ox. Maybe some of you are applying too much product - less is more. I use the 3A every night before bedtime and I only apply a small amount to the scalp and a small amount to the hair as per the instructions. I think if you apply more than instructed it will make the hair hard and dry, I am of African descent, so I have to apply oil to my hair too. The oil softens the hardness that you'll get from using Nutri Ox.

I'll come back in 30 days to give my results😀

on 3/6/2015 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I Suffer from alopecia And have tried many things including steroid injections in my scalp which were painful and did nothing for me. I use the shampoo and conditioner with the scalp spray. It took ab a month to start noticing something and now my hair is actually down to my shoulders again and the bald spots all filled in and it's been years for my hair to be this long. Love this product!! I've been using it for over a year now!

on 12/27/2014 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

So I bought this Nutri-ox noticeably thin for color treated hair 30 day starter kit. I haven't noticed any results yet but its only been a week. I do like that it tingles and feels much cleaner. I don't wash it everyday, about every other day. I am hoping that it works because I used to have such very thick hair and now I can notice thinning spots on the crown and front hairline. I will update in a couple weeks to tell you how it goes.

I used the starter kit for these products. The small trial bottles lasted me about 6 weeks- giving me a full inch and a half of growth in that time! I just purchased the full-size bottles which are HUGE (12oz!) for $6 a pop! Seriously! I think it's safe to say that this is my ultimate holy grail shampoo & conditioner! Miracle products if you're looking for optimal hair growth. :)

on 6/11/2014 2:25:00 PM

I am reviewing the spray treatment 3C...
I think it helped a little with my hair loss or is just a coincidence because I'm using a shampoo for hair loss too but I won't buy it again because it makes my hair oily. I only used it at night if I knew I was taking a shower first thing in the morning and it's impossible to use it twice a day like it says on the bottle.

on 5/15/2014 4:09:00 PM

I have easy to care for hair but thought I's like it thicker. THis shamppo made it dry, damaged and thin-looking. Ugh! Throwing it out!

on 3/19/2014 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I am a hairdresser and through word of mouth I heard about this brand so I decided to purchase it as my hair was feeling crap from dying it.
after a week of using the shampoo conditioner and spray treatment I noticing my hair had snapped in certain places. ... I later noticed that the places it had snapped was where I was spraying the treatment. It has left my hair dull lifeless and uneven in length. I have never been so disgusted with a hair product in all the years I have been a hairdresser. I have never had breakage before and I now look like I have alopecia. So I recommend noone uses this product EVER

on 3/15/2014 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

The last time I was getting highlights, my long-time stylist said to me, "What's going on with all this new hair?!"

She pulled up pieces of my hair, section by section, and showed me how I have thousands tiny new hairs - between 1/2" and 1 1/2" long - under my shoulder-length bob.

At first I panicked, thinking that I'd been breaking off hair with the velcro rollers I use several times a week. But then she pointed out how healthy all the little baby hairs were. They're very very fine, but so is the rest of the hair on my head.

Thinking back, I had noticed a lot of tiny hairs while I was styling, mostly around my upper temples. But I didn't think too much of it. Now that the stylist pointed the new hair out, I've taken a closer look. I can see that at the front of my hair, where I used to be self conscious that the hair was so thin you could see my scalp, the "baldness" not as noticeable. And at my crown, I have a little bit of a cowlick again. I thought that just disappeared because the hair went limp as I aged, but now I think it was because I was thinning so much.

I had literally forgotten that I started using this shampoo and conditioner. I bought it ages ago and never used it. It was one of those things I bought on impulse, got it home, sighed, and thought to myself "Just give up - you probably just got scammed again with a gimmick." And then just stored it away.

And with all my shampoos, I transfer the contents of the packaging they come in into decorative pump bottles I keep in my shower. So I often don't consciously think about what products I'm using. The Nutri-Ox was just pulled out from under the sink a couple months ago, worked into the rotation, and I just matter-of-factly kept washing and conditioning my hair as usual.

Bottom line, I didn't mean to do this experiment, but as verified by my stylist who showed me new hair growth all over my head: THIS STUFF WORKS!

EDITED TO ADD 4/17/14: I downgraded this to three stars. First, I got a message here from cphillips88 that pretty much restated her own review. That's fine. Others' mileage may vary. But it made me monitor hair loss. I found less loss than normal in the shower and less loss than normal in the hairbrush. Still, she is the second person reviewing this product to say that it causes breakage. So it gives me some pause. Second, despite the fact that I have the version for color treated hair, I have to say that no product has ever messed with my hair color so badly. And I don't even usually shop for products for color treated hair! This product is definitely not for people who have highlights or any kind of color enhancement. Third, and finally, while there's the chance that it's doing wonders for my scalp, the hair itself has rarely looked worse. Unmanageable, flyaway, tangled - you name it. It boils down to ugly.

The search continues.

on 1/25/2014 3:51:00 PM

This is just for the shampoo, as I haven't used the conditioner or serum.

It took me a few weeks to really like this shampoo. It smells lovely, but it can feel a little bit stripping, which was worrying me (and thus why I use a different brand of conditioner)...and for the first 3-4 weeks, my hair seemed to still be falling out at exactly the same rate.

But I decided to finish the bottle, and I'm so glad that I did. Around week 5, my hair fallout significantly lessened, and now, by week 8, I only lose...maybe three hairs per shower. Unheard of for me, who normally sheds like a cat.

On top of that, my hair has more body now...and I realized that my scalp no longer feels as barren. I have hundreds of short little sprouts of hair popping up, about 2-3 inches long, and growing fast. But more than that, my normal length hair? it's grown. It had stalled at a certain length for about a year, but it's like I suddenly looked in the mirror one day, and I had long hair. I'd say it's grown 2.5 inches in these 8 weeks. AMAZING.

If you're having trouble getting your hair to grow with other products, or you're experiencing a thinning scalp, I would recommend trying this shampoo out. Just remember to give it some time to take effect, and use a good conditioner with it! :)

on 12/13/2013 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My mother is 65, and her hair was extremely thin where you could see her scalp, especially on top. She has been using this system faithfully for a year now, and her hair is so healthy and full. You can't see her scalp anymore! Once my current shampoo and conditioner is out, I'm switching.
*Note* She also takes 10,000 MCG Biotin tablets from Walmart, but didn't notice a major improvement until using the Nutri-Ox system.