April 19, 2014 | 1574 users online

Hair - Nutri-Ox System For Thinning & Fine Hair

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by cphillips88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a hairdresser and through word of mouth I heard about this brand so I decided to purchase it as my hair was feeling crap from dying it.
after a week of using the shampoo conditioner and spray treatment I noticing my hair had snapped in certain places. ... I later noticed that the places it had snapped was where I was spraying the treatment. It has left my hair dull lifeless and uneven in length. I have never been so disgusted with a hair product in all the years I have been a hairdresser. I have never had breakage before and I now look like I have alopecia. So I recommend noone uses this product EVER

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by chispa

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The last time I was getting highlights, my long-time stylist said to me, "What's going on with all this new hair?!"

She pulled up pieces of my hair, section by section, and showed me how I have thousands tiny new hairs - between 1/2" and 1 1/2" long - under my shoulder-length bob.

At first I panicked, thinking that I'd been breaking off hair with the velcro rollers I use several times a week. But then she pointed out how healthy all the little baby hairs were. They're very very fine, but so is the rest of the hair on my head.

Thinking back, I had noticed a lot of tiny hairs while I was styling, mostly around my upper temples. But I didn't think too much of it. Now that the stylist pointed the new hair out, I've taken a closer look. I can see that at the front of my hair, where I used to be self conscious that the hair was so thin you could see my scalp, the "baldness" not as noticeable. And at my crown, I have a little bit of a cowlick again. I thought that just disappeared because the hair went limp as I aged, but now I think it was because I was thinning so much.

I had literally forgotten that I started using this shampoo and conditioner. I bought it ages ago and never used it. It was one of those things I bought on impulse, got it home, sighed, and thought to myself "Just give up - you probably just got scammed again with a gimmick." And then just stored it away.

And with all my shampoos, I transfer the contents of the packaging they come in into decorative pump bottles I keep in my shower. So I often don't consciously think about what products I'm using. The Nutri-Ox was just pulled out from under the sink a couple months ago, worked into the rotation, and I just matter-of-factly kept washing and conditioning my hair as usual.

Bottom line, I didn't mean to do this experiment, but as verified by my stylist who showed me new hair growth all over my head: THIS STUFF WORKS!

EDITED TO ADD 4/17/14: I downgraded this to three stars. First, I got a message here from cphillips88 that pretty much restated her own review. That's fine. Others' mileage may vary. But it made me monitor hair loss. I found less loss than normal in the shower and less loss than normal in the hairbrush. Still, she is the second person reviewing this product to say that it causes breakage. So it gives me some pause. Second, despite the fact that I have the version for color treated hair, I have to say that no product has ever messed with my hair color so badly. And I don't even usually shop for products for color treated hair! This product is definitely not for people who have highlights or any kind of color enhancement. Third, and finally, while there's the chance that it's doing wonders for my scalp, the hair itself has rarely looked worse. Unmanageable, flyaway, tangled - you name it. It boils down to ugly.

The search continues.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is just for the shampoo, as I haven't used the conditioner or serum.

It took me a few weeks to really like this shampoo. It smells lovely, but it can feel a little bit stripping, which was worrying me (and thus why I use a different brand of conditioner)...and for the first 3-4 weeks, my hair seemed to still be falling out at exactly the same rate.

But I decided to finish the bottle, and I'm so glad that I did. Around week 5, my hair fallout significantly lessened, and now, by week 8, I only lose...maybe three hairs per shower. Unheard of for me, who normally sheds like a cat.

On top of that, my hair has more body now...and I realized that my scalp no longer feels as barren. I have hundreds of short little sprouts of hair popping up, about 2-3 inches long, and growing fast. But more than that, my normal length hair? it's grown. It had stalled at a certain length for about a year, but it's like I suddenly looked in the mirror one day, and I had long hair. I'd say it's grown 2.5 inches in these 8 weeks. AMAZING.

If you're having trouble getting your hair to grow with other products, or you're experiencing a thinning scalp, I would recommend trying this shampoo out. Just remember to give it some time to take effect, and use a good conditioner with it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by acrotinger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My mother is 65, and her hair was extremely thin where you could see her scalp, especially on top. She has been using this system faithfully for a year now, and her hair is so healthy and full. You can't see her scalp anymore! Once my current shampoo and conditioner is out, I'm switching.
*Note* She also takes 10,000 MCG Biotin tablets from Walmart, but didn't notice a major improvement until using the Nutri-Ox system.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far so good. I've been using this for a week everyday and no bad reactions. My hair seems to be slowing down to a normal shed rate since I started using this but it's still a bit early in the game. If anything changes I'll update my review, as for now it's awesome. I will say though that the serum seriously burns skin so be careful with it. I bought the system for noticeably thin color treated hair.
Update: My hair has stopped falling out, I'm so thrilled right now. I've also started to see regrowth. I plan on making this my perm hair system.
Note: I also started skin, hair, nails pills when I started the Nutri-Ox system

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by sarahb098

This product is absolutely terrible. I started using it and that week my hair started falling out in chunks - its never done that. I switched back to my old shampoo & conditioner and its still falling out. DON'T buy this. its completely ruined my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Mymaria48

Nutri-ox system for thinning and fine hair. 16.99. Sally's beauty
I'm a really skeptical person
I lost my hair in two spots in the front near my forehead?
Hormones going through the change may have caused it.
Either way
Sally's recommended this and I thought what the heck
Within two weeks I can see little hairs growing back in
Would recommend to try it

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 5:57:00 AM More reviews by lolipopcandie123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the shampoo for normal hair and ive only used it once but i lovd it! My hair started falling out a little more than usual but nothing serious. Put this directly on my scalp and massaged it a little and my hair was sooo soft. Normally i shampoo twice, so even tho my hair felt clean i did it again, and it kinda tangled my hair. I learned my lesson, only shampoo once with this. Anyways, i noticed less hair coming out. The next day when i conditioned my (didnt shampoo at all) i didnt feel a lot of hair come out, but it felt thinner. Im assuming it works. I havent noticed any growth but ive only used this once :)

*i had to stop using this, it dryed out my scalp reallyyy bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by cleigh00

I've been using this stuff for about 10 months now. Every time I go to get my hair done my stylist says how much new growth I've got. It's also helping my hair grow faster. I've tried all the vitamins in the world and nothing works like this stuff does. My mom is even using it successfully. I can't recommend this enough, it's changed the life of my hair. I use the conditioner and root pump spray daily and the shampoo at least every other day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by LauraKifer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo and Conditioner for Fine and thinning hair is INCREDIBLE!!!! I have always had fine dry hair but a lot of it and it is curly. This past winter I changed medications and my hair starting falling out very rapidly, I was devistated! I know it's only hair, but it's MY hair! I was in tears almost every morning. Before we could change medications I was desperate and went to Sally's Beauty Supply in Helena, MT. I found an older sales woman and told her my problem. She was very understanding and brought me right over to the hair treatment section. She picked out the Nutri-Ox Shampoo and Conditioner plus stying products without alcohol in them. The whole sale including the Nutri-Ox, glaze and hairspray was all under $30.00. A very small price to pay for my hair. Actually it's not that much more than I would regularly spend. Within a week I noticed it was thicker and when I went to the Dermotologist he said he could see little brown fuzzy's where it was bald the week before. My hair was growing about an inch and a half a month!! I'm not kidding! It was amazing!! I usually alternate with a mosturizing shampoo because of my dry hair but the results have been INCREDILE!! My bangs grew back and I actually had to trim them last week, when 3 month ago my bangs had all fallen out!! This shampoo has made my hair even healthier than before the horror of it falling out and I have recommended it to everyone with thin hair I know and even they have had the same results! If you have fine or thinning hair and have a modest income this is truely the way to go!!!
Thanks Nutri-Ox for giving me not only my hair but my smile back!!!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No