Korres Mastiha Oil and Citrus Fruits Anti-Acne Cream Gel

on 12/31/2008 5:23:00 PM

I bought this in an attempt to calm and clear some sort of eruption I was having on my face, due to rosacea and perioral dermatitis. Through research, I found that topical treatments that inhibit the growth of bacteria helped to calm irritations and breakouts, and I thought that would be it.

Yes, it does just that, but wasn't strong enough to eradicate all of the problems I was having.

Despite its failure in that aspect, I found this to be a really lovely product.

Firstly, I must comment on the smell. It's truly unique and smells as natural as one can get!

Mastiha oil comes from a tree that is cousin to the pistachio and is harvested in Greece. That's the smell that really stands out-- it smells of fresh greens/woods, or more specifically, raw, crushed pistachios.

The texture is a light cream-gel, and it comes in an old-style metal tube (which I like)!

It applies lightly with no visible residue, and sinks into the skin almost immediately. However, the product instructions state that one should wait two minutes before applying any other creams.

As I mentioned, this did not eradicate any eruptions or breakouts, but it did keep them at bay (I feel). I noticed a difference between using it and not using it. I definitely started to stick to using it!

This product is GREAT for someone who has perpetually oily skin. It mattifies the skin immensely, but doesn't deplete moisture. I have rather dry skin and this works beautifully for me. Didn't cause any flaking or irritation (I had thought it would). My skin goes berserk at the drop of a hat and this did nothing to exasperate my highly-annoying skin condition.

I find that even though I moisturise properly and use a high-quality primer, my makeup lays on better and stays a lot fresher looking when I use this product.

Honestly, though? I can say I mostly love this product for the smell. It's so fresh, natural, green and clean!

I think I'm going to keep this amongst the rest of the products in my daily skincare regimen for a long time to come.

Popular Treatments (Face)