E.L.F. Bath Gel

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/29/2011 7:54:00 PM

Got the vanilla coconut and berry cherry here in Canada at Zellers for $5.99 each, the scents are nice but not strong and the smell fizzles out half way through your bath but still nice stuff and I found my skin silky soft afterwards and it left no irritations at all. I will be buying more.

on 2/15/2011 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product is okay. I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I bought the Coconut/Vanilla scent, it smelt decent, not to sweet and overpowering, but I didnt love it. I may be in the minority, but this product didnt make me feel as clean as other body washes that are $7-8 do (i.e. Olay Ribbons or Ultra Moisture). However, for the price of $4, you get a significant amount (400ml), but being from Canada and paying $15 in shipping I wouldn't buy it again. I'll use this as a hand soap from now on. I like the slim, tall packaging though, Its great for packing in your suitcase when traveling.

Final verdict: If you want a very inexpensive bath gel that does the basics of what you need it to do, this is it. However, If you want more moisture, lather, creamy texture and a scent that lasts on the body, this is not it IMO.

***editing my review--> after using it a few times as a body gel (to give it a chance), it made my skin terribly itchy/irritated! definitely won't repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I might be in the minority here... but... i got the strawberry one and the honey one.. and the honey one smelled disgusting and the strawberry one was okay.. but still not that good.. and these are so THIN AND RUNNY. i threw them out, honestly.

on 9/28/2010 12:50:00 PM

Got this in candied strawberry, cucumber melon and peony. I've only used the candied strawberry, but I smelled the rest of them. Here's my take on their scents and performance:

Candied Strawberry: Similar to Suave Strawberry shampoo, not overly sweet.
Cucumber Melon: Traditional cucumber/melon scent, not overpowering.
Peony: Smells like nail polish remover.

Performance: Excellent lather, rinses clean, no sticky feeling afterwards.

Overall - great product for the price!!

on 9/23/2010 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought this in Cucumber Melon. It's a great value since you get a nice, large bottle -- especially if you can buy this using one of ELF's frequent sales codes. The Cucumber Melon scent was a bit more strong and sweet than I expected though -- normally I think of Cucumber Melon as being more of a refreshing scent. But not a bad product if you don't mind the sweet scent!

on 1/12/2010 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I received this right in the middle of a nasty cold snap and began using it as a hand soap because it has aloe in it. I honestly wasn't expecting much in the way of moisturizing from this but I was pleasantly surprised to find my hands were not dry after washing them with this.

I got this in the pineapple mango scent and while it smells wonderful the scent is not as strong as most bath gels but I can deal because it's a fairly large bottle for just four dollars.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I think these are great, you get a big bottle that will last a while, the scents are nice (although there isn't a huge selection), they're mildy moisturizing, and they're cheap! I'll definitely buy again whenever I run out, I bought three of these three months ago and I'm not even halfway through them!

on 12/31/2008 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought Vanilla Coconut and Pineapple Mango bath gel. For $4 there every bit as good as B&BW's. They smell good, didn't dry out my skin, but I alternate soaps in the shower anyway since I have so many sitting there. I've even used it as a clarifying shampoo but I wouldn't recommend using them often for that purpose unless your hair is really oily. I'd buy some again if I ever make another ELF purchase. Most of their products are hit or miss but this one was good and didn't end up in the trashcan.