Prestige My Biggest Lashes

As of 11/2012: Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Glyceryl Stearate SE,Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Propylene Glycol, Isostearyl Alcohol, Rosin Ester, Triethanolamine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Cetyl Alcohol, PVP, Keratin AminoAcids, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Silica, Lanolin Acid, Butylene Glycol Cocoate, Dimethicone, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Borate, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Ethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben. May Contain [+/-]: Iron Oxides CI 77491 / 77492 / 77499.

on 5/1/2015 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I picked this up because loreal voluminous (my go to) was $10 and this was half the price, and I'm glad I did. This mascara gives me a similar effect to loreal voluminous except it's a drier formula and has less plush. It's a nice rich black and its dirty cheap ($5 at cvs). Does a great job at volumizing, and comes in a hot pink tube. I also like that there's no scent and no flaking or smudging (like voluminous). I think the only con is that the brush might be a little too big for those with small eyes and it doesn't come in waterproof either (as far as I know) but otherwise it's a good volumizing mascara.

on 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is great!!!! No smudging and clumping is slight but when you touch your lashes it's softer than any mascara I've ever tried! Will buy again!

on 3/16/2014 9:31:00 PM

Always on the search for my HG mascara, I picked up a tube of Prestige My Biggest Lashes at Rite-Aid on a lark. That is the only product by Prestige my Rite-Aid actually carries, so I figured, hey, lucky me, eh?

The tube is nice. It's a hefty, generous size tube, but not insanely large like the CG Bombshell *shudders*. Nothing super flashy here. The applicator reminds me of my Almay iColor mascara. Big and fluffy. I used this for about two weeks and loved it, until it started causing some problems.

The first problem is massive smudging. Granted, it's not waterproof, so some transfer is to be expected, but this is crazy smudging both under the eye and transferring onto my eyelids. I also found that as the day wore on, I got the sticky eyes going on, which makes me nuts. I will give it made props for being easy to apply. Two coats goes on beautifully and it doesn't clump.

But now we must move on to the two biggest offenses. The first is that after about a week and a half it started to dry out. I'm always very careful not to pump my wand in and out of the tube and making sure the lid is screwed on nice and tight. I just happened to notice one day I was applying and the wand sounded a little crispy against my lashes (first coat) and flecks of dry mascara fell onto my cheekbones. I was so confused. And it just got worse the more I used it. Now, this may just be a situation where this isn't a big seller at my Rite-Aid (and in the dark corner they've shoved it in, I can see where it wouldn't be readily noticed) and the tube sat there for a long time and got old and dry. I have no idea if this is a common problem with this mascara.

The most egregious offense is that it irritates my eyes. I have sensitive eyes, but even I can tolerate most drugstore mascaras. This stuff makes my eyes itch so bad that by the end of the day, I want to claw them out. It doesn't come off very easily and I have found that I'm losing quite a few more lashes than I was before when I was using Almay mascara. I find that the itching is the most intense in the corners of my eyes.

So, I'm still on the lookout for my HG mascara and I won't be purchasing this one again.

on 2/14/2014 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I have thin, short, sparse, Asian lashes. I have THE hardest time with mascaras. I was really hopeful this mascara would be my HG. Alas, it was more a lash tint for me. They darkened my lashes, and gave me a great natural look--but definitely not the kind of look I was going for. It also made my lashes droop a bit.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a good one here! It's been called a Christian Dior dupe by some, so I had to check it out. I'm partial to Loreal Original Voluminous (no frills), but this one from Prestige has a huge fluffy brush and build-able coverage. No clumps ever!!! I love the density of bristles! It's a great choice for a naturally lush yet well defined look. Lashes are soft to the touch not brittle or flakey... If I want a dramatic fake lash look I reach for the Voluminous.

I'll be keeping this brush after the mascara is dried out for defining my lashes. Next time you're at Ulta try it out! The brush reminds me of Almay one coat but with a longer handle. It's a surprisingly well rounded mascara for the price!

on 12/13/2013 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This is my first review on MUA and I wanted to start out with my favorite, HG mascara of all time! I have very long but straight and thin lashes and this makes my eyes stand out so much. With two coats, this gives a dramatic lengthening and thickening effect to your lashes and it basically makes it look like I have falsies when i put this on. My sister has lashes like mine but shorter and even when she puts it on it has a beautiful falsie effect. I even put one coat on in the daytime and it gives a nice look for the daytime too. I have bought this at both Bed, Bath, and Beyond (yes they have makeup there!) and Ulta. I've tried many others but I always go back to my tried and true favorite.

on 9/4/2013 6:30:00 PM

Purchased this a few days ago and I'm in love already! Doesn't clump like typical drugstore mascaras do. The price is fantastic as well. Wish I would've known about this mascara earlier!

on 8/31/2013 9:06:00 PM

This is my HG mascara! I do also love a few pricey ones including Dior DiorShow, YSL Faux Cils, and Givenchy Noir Couture, but I go through mascara so quickly that I searched for a long time to find a drugstore alternative. This is amazing and comparable to any mascara from a higher price point. I would say this is most similar to the DiorShow mascara. I tend to prefer the traditional bristle for mascara, as opposed to the synthetic plastic ones. This one has a larger wand which gives great volume and length. I am often asked if I am wearing fake lashes with this. I've gone through many, many tubes!

on 8/12/2013 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this. So cheap, yet so functional. Does what it says: gives awesome volume. Only thing: it was smudgy on me, but it may have been the crappy eye primer I was using. Went back to my fav and will update.

on 7/14/2013 7:10:00 PM

Why the good reviews? This mascara is too dry and puts too much goop on my lashes. No matter how I apply it, my eyelashes are clumpy after. MAC Haute and Naughty mascara is better because it separates the lashes nicely.

Top Rated Prestige Products