Aquage Sea Extend Strengthening Shampoo

3.9

water, ammonium cocoyl isethionate, sodium cocoyl isethionate, cocamidapropyl betaine, cocamidapropyl hydroxysultaine, sodium lauroyl sarcosinate, glycol distearate, gycereth-26, cocamidopropylamine oxide, hydrolyzed vegetable protein pg-propyl silanetriol, panthenol, peg-8 dimethicone, peg-8 ricinoleate, polyquaternium-57, methyl gluceth-20,polyquaternium-7, trimethylsiloxamodimethicone, polyquaternium-10, polyquaternium-7, c11-15 pareth-7, c12-16 pareth-9, thermus thermophylus ferment, enteromorpha compressa extract, himanthalia elongata extract (sea silk), hypnea musciformis extract, gellidiela ascerosa extract, sasrgassum filipendula extract, ascophyllum nodosum extract, chondrus crispus (carrageenan) extract, macrocystis pyrifera extract, palmaria palmata extract, neptune kelp extract, undaria pinnatifida extract, pelvitia canaliculata extract, laminaria digitala, hydrolyzed rhodophycea extract, cinnamidopropyltrimonium chloride, glycerin, trideceth-12, polyquaternium-11, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed extract, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, polyquaternium-7, peg-150 distearate, ppg-2 hydroxyeth cocamide, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, sorbic acid, tetrasodium edta, butylene glycol, citric acid, fragrance (parfum).

on 3/23/2013 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I discovered this after putting my hair through hell by getting pale, baby-blonde highlights in my dark, already color-treated hair. My hair was dry & brittle from coloring it, then stripping it, plus using a flatiron almost every day. I was scared I had really fried my hair to the point that I thought I might have to cut about 3 inches off. Someone recommended this & within 3 uses I could tell a noticeable difference. After two weeks, my hair regained a substantial amount of elasticity. I was able to keep most of my length (I ended up only having to cut an inch off instead of 3). I have been using this shampoo for about 9 months now & bought the liter bottle last month because I know I will continue to use this for a long time.
The other thing I like about this shampoo is that it will not fade your hair color (I went back to dark hair last month, trying to get back to my natural color). As others have said, if you want to get a good lather with this, add more water to your hair after you start working this in.
Hope this review was helpful!

on 3/19/2013 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've frequently made the switch from redhead to high-lift blonde .. it's murder on my fine hair. This is one of the rare shampoos I've tried that gave back resilience to my hair. I struggle with breakage, lack of shine, and fallout, however many moisturizing/repairing lines are far too heavy for my hair texture. Sea Extend Strengthening has been my primary shampoo for the last year and it's kept my hair in great condition.

Keep in mind that this will not lather like low-end cleansers. My best recommendation would be to add more water. If I felt that I was starting to feel product buildup, I would shampoo twice. My chin length hair requires about a nickle-sized amount to work it through. Scent is amazing! The matching conditioner is very potent if used correctly. I see fewer split-ends and my hair maintains it's smoothness even after bleach-abuse. It will not dull/fade your color.

My only criticism (thus the 4 rather than 5 rating) is that I do need to use weekly treatments and daily leave-in conditioners to get the shiny, flowing, truly healthy looking result I demand .. But I'm platinum blonde, work in a salon, and I heat-style almost daily. This line would be all I needed if I wasn't so hard on my hair. Personally, I'm still on the lookout for my perfect match.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Aquage SeaExtend Strengthening Shampoo is a great product in my rotation of shampoos. It has made a difference in my hair, less breakage and a lot more shine. I have fine, brittle hair and honestly my hair has never looked healthier. On the days when I use this strengthening shampoo, I donít need to use a conditioner in the shower. It is slightly heavy for my hair type, but well worth the results. I get highlights and lowlights about every 6-8 weeks and this shampoo keeps my color looking perfect. A bit pricey but worth it, I switch between this shampoo and Aquage BioMega Volumizing Shampoo.

on 7/17/2011 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Literally SAVED my hair! This shampoo & conditioner is for over-processed, chemically damaged hair. Anyone who bleaches their hair needs this shampoo & conditioner. It strengthens the hair by 40% or more, has thermal protection, UVA/UVB protection, major color protection & keeps my hair from breaking & split ends to a minimum.
I have light blonde hair (naturally dark brown) & I bleach every 4 weeks & these are the ONLY products I have found that allows me to have bleached, yet very healthy hair.
Before I found Strengthening Shampoo/Conditioner, my hair was breaking so bad that it clogged up the shower drain. Within 2 weeks, my hair was no longer falling out. I'm hooked!
Also great if you live in a very dry climate like I do. Very moisturizing but doesn't weigh my hair down.

Note: This is okay for thick, course hair but the Silkening regimine is better for thicker/course/curly hair. I have fine/medium hair. I've tried silkening too & liked it but prefer the strengthening regime for my hair.

on 3/6/2011 5:14:00 PM

This shampoo isn't any more special than other shampoos to me. If I were to repurchase a Aquage product, I'd buy the conditioner again, but not the shampoo. Just isn't worth the $25.

on 8/6/2010 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

My overall opnion of this brand is pretty good. The only other hair products that I have tried for cleansing that is better than this is WEN. I like that it is low sulfate and does not make your hair feel like straw, in comparison to other hydrating shampoos I have tried. It is pricey and keep in mind since it is low sulfate it is not supposed to lather very good. The key to help it lather is to add water and massage into the scalp. Overall I really like this brand for shampoos and conditioners and have already repurchased more than 3 times. I always like to try new products and will contiue too. But I like to come back to this brand due to it's overall many benefits. Such as all products are for color treated hair, etc.

on 10/11/2009 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got suckered into purchasing this. While I think it's a decent shampoo, it definately doesn't justify the hefty price tag. By the end of the bottle my hair was LIMP and felt dirty. I even would clarify here and there but it didn't help. I have dry hair w/ highlights and it was gentle but my hair never felt effectively cleansed. IMHO you can find much better products out there WAY cheaper than $26 for a small bottle. would not repurchase.

on 2/23/2009 1:30:00 PM

I bought this at the insistence of my stylist after I got a head-full of highlights and lowlights. At $25 a bottle it's really pricey, which is the biggest drawback (and it contains 10 oz of shampoo). The shampoo does smell really good and is great at keeping my color-I haven't had any brassiness with the highlights and I'm outdoors quite often. I will continue to use this, but I might try to find it on eBay or something instead of paying full price.

on 12/30/2008 8:55:00 PM

I like Aquage products so I thought I'd try a shampoo from their sea extend line which is a bit more expensive. After using this shampoo for 3 months I don't see any exceptional results so I don't think I'll repurchase. For reference my hair is thick and straight.

Popular Shampoos