E.L.F. Studio Contour Brush (Eye)

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Very scratchy and stiff. I have their crease and their blending brush which are great, but this one is just so harsh.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I like e.l.f. brushes but this one is just ok to me. It's partly me though, since I think the brush itself is ok (it doesn't hurt my eyes or anything). I also bought the crease brush which is less dense and the bristles are longer and I like that more, though somewhere in the middle might be even better. That one is for a very light, blended look and sometimes I do want precision but I find this one a little large for that. I have flatter brushes that I prefer for a really tight crease look. This is very round, like the ferule isn't pinched and its kind of large in circumference, and dense so I feel like it's not that great for a very blended crease. Maybe a packed in but not super tiny crease. I'm sure there are uses other than the crease that it could be good for this brush but I haven't really found them yet. Still, other people might really love this for a number of application techniques (like nose contouring or something) so like I said, it may be just my preference.

Update: I've been using and liking this more. Like I said, this is compact for packed on shadow application and the other one is really good for getting the crease shadowed but blended without those 'skips' in eyeshadow that happen along the crease with a too-compact brush (like this one). So I'm kinda feeling like using both together makes a nice look. This is good for when you want a larger V or triangle around the outter corner and you really want to pack the color on in fewer applications. I press it rather than swipe it most of the time. Then I use the whispier one to blend the actual crease and the two colors that meet up into the brow bone above the V of the outer corner.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This has actually been a great brush for me to use while applying eyeshadow to my crease. It's small enough to give you precision and the perfect shape to blend with.

I will definitely repurchase, although that will be a few years from now since this brush has been durable. There are no signs of wear and tear after a year nor shedding bristles.

Hell at E.L.F prices, i might just buy a back up.

I bought this at Target. I was looking for the Sonia Kashuk 109 (which I eventually had to purchase online and it is AMAZNG), and when I couldn't find it, I decided to give this one a try. At $3, I wouldn't say I'm sorry I did, but I would definitely not recommend this brush. It isn't soft. The bristles are too densely packed, and they are slightly too short. Therefore, the brush kind of drags and just doesn't allow for a smooth application of shadow, even if I'm using a very smooth shadow.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am a huge fan of e.l.f. brushes. They're not great as mac or sigma, but they're really good for the price (and a lot better than many other brushes)

I like the unique shape of this eye brush! It's a dense blunt-cut angled eye brush. I have slightly hooded eyes so I put crease colors above my natural crease so they can be seen and give the illusion of more lid space and open/raise my eye up more. This brush is perfect for that. I can pack the color on my eye and blend it out very very well

The brush is a little bit to big, but I love the point on the angle
This doesn't shed and is easy to clean and was made to put color in the upper, outer corner above the crease. You'll probably have to go back in with a blending brush, but you should always blend your eyeshadow!

I usually like E.L.F brushes but this one is a disappointment, it's not as soft as some of their other studio brushes and I think it'd work better if it was flat.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Save your $3. This brush is too scratchy for the delicate eye area.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

While you pay a wonderful low price for the brush... you are paying for a low end brush. The bristles are a bit harsh on the skin and my brush's top came off and will have to be reglued. I still use the brush but it is what I paid for.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

For 4 bucks (CDN) this is a darned great brush. I love it for applying eyeshadow to my crease and then blending it out. It's small and dense so it allows for really precise placement but unlike the previous reviewer, I find this brush also works for then blending out the crease colour. I don't find it rough or harsh on the eye at all. If there is any "flaw", it's that it can pick up a bit too much shadow, so before using it to blend my crease colour and fade it upward, I make sure to wipe the brush well. I like this almost as much as my Smashbox detailer brush which cost almost 10 times as much but certainly, while a great brush, isn't 10 times better than this little bargain brush from ELF.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This brush has very dense bristles, which makes it a bit hard on the eye. The rounded top combined with the large size made it impossible to contour with. I couldn't really find another use for this one.
I have picked up the crease brush from the essential line and am loving it's smaller size and pointed tip.

Popular Makeup Brushes