E.L.F. Studio Contour Brush (Eye)

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/25/2015 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This has actually been a great brush for me to use while applying eyeshadow to my crease. It's small enough to give you precision and the perfect shape to blend with.

I will definitely repurchase, although that will be a few years from now since this brush has been durable. There are no signs of wear and tear after a year nor shedding bristles.

Hell at E.L.F prices, i might just buy a back up.

on 8/4/2015 3:34:00 PM

I bought this at Target. I was looking for the Sonia Kashuk 109 (which I eventually had to purchase online and it is AMAZNG), and when I couldn't find it, I decided to give this one a try. At $3, I wouldn't say I'm sorry I did, but I would definitely not recommend this brush. It isn't soft. The bristles are too densely packed, and they are slightly too short. Therefore, the brush kind of drags and just doesn't allow for a smooth application of shadow, even if I'm using a very smooth shadow.

on 7/17/2015 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am a huge fan of e.l.f. brushes. They're not great as mac or sigma, but they're really good for the price (and a lot better than many other brushes)

I like the unique shape of this eye brush! It's a dense blunt-cut angled eye brush. I have slightly hooded eyes so I put crease colors above my natural crease so they can be seen and give the illusion of more lid space and open/raise my eye up more. This brush is perfect for that. I can pack the color on my eye and blend it out very very well

The brush is a little bit to big, but I love the point on the angle
This doesn't shed and is easy to clean and was made to put color in the upper, outer corner above the crease. You'll probably have to go back in with a blending brush, but you should always blend your eyeshadow!

on 7/1/2015 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I usually like E.L.F brushes but this one is a disappointment, it's not as soft as some of their other studio brushes and I think it'd work better if it was flat.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Save your $3. This brush is too scratchy for the delicate eye area.

on 2/25/2015 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

While you pay a wonderful low price for the brush... you are paying for a low end brush. The bristles are a bit harsh on the skin and my brush's top came off and will have to be reglued. I still use the brush but it is what I paid for.

on 9/18/2014 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

For 4 bucks (CDN) this is a darned great brush. I love it for applying eyeshadow to my crease and then blending it out. It's small and dense so it allows for really precise placement but unlike the previous reviewer, I find this brush also works for then blending out the crease colour. I don't find it rough or harsh on the eye at all. If there is any "flaw", it's that it can pick up a bit too much shadow, so before using it to blend my crease colour and fade it upward, I make sure to wipe the brush well. I like this almost as much as my Smashbox detailer brush which cost almost 10 times as much but certainly, while a great brush, isn't 10 times better than this little bargain brush from ELF.

on 1/13/2014 11:38:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This brush has very dense bristles, which makes it a bit hard on the eye. The rounded top combined with the large size made it impossible to contour with. I couldn't really find another use for this one.
I have picked up the crease brush from the essential line and am loving it's smaller size and pointed tip.

on 1/12/2014 1:18:00 PM

This is a decent brush. It is fairly soft & dense, and applies shadow to the crease well. It's definitely not a blending brush, though. It works best for application directly in the crease, maybe to make an outer V, but then you need a bigger, fluffier brush to blend things out. I don't find myself using it that often, because of it's inability to blend, but it's nice to have it in my collection for the times I want more precise application than a fluffy brush can offer.

on 1/12/2014 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is one of the first e.l.f. brushes I've got and haven't been pleased with. A longer, rounded dome brush top (like the Real Techniques Essential Crease Brush) works so much better for the crease than this does, with its blunt, all-one length top. This is densely bristled, almost too much, and the bristles don't come together smoothly but fan out a bit too much on top. This combination results in picking up too much shadow on the brush tip and then making a mess all over the lid as well as causing fallout, rather than a concentrated bit of shadow blended into the crease. The bristles aren't especially soft and this brush just generally doesn't work for it's intended purpose. You might be able to find another use for it - just blending with no shadow on it - but I'd skip this one.

Popular Makeup Brushes