December 19, 2014 | 1509 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Powder Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by ChellyTelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Best three dollars I've ever spent. Brush does not shed, and it really saves on foundation. Makes foundation look smooth and sett. Get one. You won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Sondey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Have been using this brush everyday for a year now, still looks new. Barely loses hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by archt_marj14

Absolutely Fabulous! My favorite product in the whole ELF line. The bristles are soft & feel luxurious. I use this to either apply powder foundation (when I only want a light coverage) or to buff it out (when I use a sponge for a heavier coverage). Inexpensive, sturdy & just all-around awesome. I wish they'd make a portable version with the same size head but a shorter handle. I will never stop repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Lashaye16

Love this brush! I use it to apply my urban decay nearly naked foundation! And it gives me the most perfect finish! I bought this one years ago. Then recently I purchased another one and noticed it's not as full as my first one and the handle is much shorter. I use the second one for my setting powder. I love these brushes but I hate when the handle completely falls off. But you get what you pay for! LOL

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2014 7:13:00 AM More reviews by sgnewbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best brush ever! Good for thin liquid-water like foundation, thick creamy foundations, you can use this for practically your whole face! Use the flat side for foundation, concealer, powder, blush, and the sharp sides for contour! Absolutely amazing and it's only SGD$4 (US$3). Regretted not buying a bunch more cause i really love how dense the brush in and how it buffs foundation into the skin so effortlessly.

PS/ I've seen previous reviews that the brush handle is shorter and the bristles are less dense but i actually prefer the shorter handles, its easier for me to go closer to my mirror and the bristles are still as dense as the old elf powder brush my sister has a few years back!

5/5 repurchase!

EDIT: 3/12/14

Recently just repurchased this brush but I found that it wasn't as dense as the previous one that I got - both have shorter handles. So maybe it's just inconsistency with the E.L.F side - cutting this to 4/5.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by keekz

I had this brush laying around my house, and before i came across it on MUA under "MUA top picks" i never used it.

I bought this brush for under $10.00 and i wish i knew when purchasing it how much of a gem it would be and had bought more. This moring i swirled and stippled my foundation on and it was so effortless and FUN. it feels so nice on my face i had to tell myself to stop dapping and swirling at one point.

I then used this brush for my pressed powder and stippled it on and the final result is flawless skin. Everything looks so smooth and soft. Love this brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by MacAtFirstSight

I use this brush every single day with my Clinique Perfectly Real powder. I like the fact that the top is flat so I can use it to stipple and press the powder instead of swirling or buffing. I have sensitive, acne prone skin with active breakouts here and there, so I find that stippling and pressing is best for my skin.
I have two of these brushes, one I bought about 5 years ago, and another one I bought about a year ago. They look different in terms of the handle length, and the fluffiness of the brush, but they work the same. The one I had for 5 years has held up pretty well, except for the fact that the ferrule came loose and detached completely after 1 year of use. However, the brush is still functional and all I had to do was superglue them back together. I've not had any shedding with these brushes. However, they do bleed when you first wash them. I think they stopped bleeding after about 6 months of use?
I highly recommend this brush as the pros outweigh the cons. and for $3, you can't go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by wiwi45678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This brush is truly AMAZING. It is affordable, well made, does not feel cheap, and does a wonderful job at stippling or blending anything you want it to. Personally, I use mine as a bronzer and contour brush and it creates a flawless and seamless look on my cheekbones and temples. This is one of those brushes that you need in your life. Easily comparable to high end MAC brushes. Ive had mine for over a year and there is NO fallout and has kept in great shape.
Wonderful brush, great price, flawless. I want ten more of these.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by VictoriaStowe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this brush when I first bought it. It was perfect. I've had it less than a year & in that time it had shed non-stop. The bristles fall out while I'm using it & even when I'm washing it. I now have to go buy a new one cause this ones too much of a hassle. Good brush , but doesn't last long . What can I expect? I payed 3 dollars for it . Good for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by mimiluau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush is AMAZING!!!! I really like to use brushes to apply foundations and powders as I believe it gives a more natural look to the finish that sponges, pads and beauty blenders, and ends up way more even than fingers. I used to have the Bare Minerals kabuki brush as my general purpose foundation and powder application brush, the only remnant from my brief flirtation with Bare Escentuals. I had it for about 4-5 years and then it started shedding in the worst way. I started shopping around for brushes and I was unable to find something dense enough, soft enough, that didn't soak up product without delivering any coverage etc. I saw a lot of YouTubers were using this brush and got this on a whim when I saw it at Target since it was so cheap.

From the very first use, I was SOLD on this brush. It's not only good for powders, it does liquid foundation really well and cream foundations also. You could use this for blush too although you would have to be really careful not to get too much on the brush because this does really good coverage. I've bought a second one and everytime I see them, I'm always tempted to buy one because they are so cheap and so good that I can't believe someone won't be tempted to jack these up in some way at some point.

If in doubt, BUY THIS BRUSH!