E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush

Price: $

Price: $

synthetic, cruelty-free hair

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Love this brush!!! It's so multipurpose! I use it to apply blush, buff in my concealer, apply and blend contour, and -of course - apply my elf HD powder. It blends powder, cream, and liquid products amazingly with ease. An incredible multitasker!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Perfectly made! It's sturdy and never sheds. It's gentle on my skin and blends makeup perfectly. I use it for liquid and cream products but it works nicely with powder too. You'll probably want to pick up a couple of them, it's such a great brush with multiple uses. It's also a great gift because anyone who wears makeup could find a way to use this almost daily I think.

I have about lets see.. 3-4 of these? I honestly love this brush for powder, foundation, blending etc I always keep a couple on hand as I wash my brushes weekly and they tend to shed after a while but that's okay as it's like 3$. I mostly use this when using powder foundation or setting my foundation.

Don't like it so much for powder foundation...seems everyone likes it for liquid foundation which I don't use anymore so I wasn't even going to bother reviewing this brush-except-I finally found a use for it...getting inside the stupid Benefit cardboard box to apply my Rockateur blush-Ive been struggling to find the best brush for this purpose and this one works well. Also, good quality inexpensive brush.

I use this brush for my highlighting. I use MAC soft and gentle. I don't like super soft brushes because I feel like they don't pick up product well but this is gentle and does the job. Its a very sturdy brush. I'm sure you can use it for anything but I like how it blends my highlight. This brush is such a good deal every one needs it, you will definitely find a use for it. 1/2 favorite ELF brushes.

I bought this brush almost 2 years ago and originally used it to apply m BB cream as I found buffing it into my skin gave it the most natural looking finish. I also don't like using my fingers to apply makeup if I don't have to. I liked the effect so much I used this brush to apply my foundation and it impressed me yet again. I actually haven't used this brush for powder, not even once. The price point is ridiculous. I picked this up at Target for $4 which is a steal! I use a brush shampoo to clean this brush and it works great. Have seen maybe one or two fibres shed since I purchased which speaks to the quality of this inexpensive brush. What's more is the bristles are relatively soft, densely packed, and have not tugged at my skin when buffing away.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this brush as part of e.l.f. 25-piece professional brush set, and it was one of those brushes that I honestly didn't know how to use. But after a month of owning it, I saw a makeup artist using this type of flat top brush to apply bronzer around the face, and I decided to try it that way.
Well, it is great, it applies my bronzer even better than my Sonia Kashuk powder brush, it blends everything, it has become my bronzer brush, it has soft bristles, after more than a year it hasn't shed, it hasn't broken down on me. So this brush went from being a forgotten brush to one of my everyday brushes

This is a really good brush from e.l.f.
This really is comparable to high-end brushes, not only in terms of the end result, but also in terms of quality and performance. It is so dense, and very, very soft. This is so soft that even when using a stippling motion on the skin, it does not scratch or poke the skin at all. This is the very first brush I have found that really offers absolutely NO discomfort, even when used with a heavy hand.

This is a great brush for applying and buffing in face powders. Especially mineral or powder foundation. I typically reach for this if I want a bit more coverage or buffing action, as opposed to just a light dusting or setting powder (not to say that it doesn't work great with setting powders as well, it's just a matter of taste for me)

The sharp edge also makes it great for contouring right under the cheekbones.

It's a bit big for applying blush, but the flat top makes it great for buffing out blush and giving a natural finish.

It also works great with buffing in liquid foundation, and leaves a very nice, natural finish with absolutely no streaking. Only problem here is that it does suck up quite a lot of product (this is completely unavoidable with a brush this dense), so I recommend spreading foundation out with fingers first (I hate getting foundation on my fingers, so I use the e.l.f. foundation brush from the regular line) and then use this brush to buff and blend. I does still suck up some product, but not nearly as much.

The biggest problem with this brush is that I have a really hard time cleaning it. It's so dense that cleaning out product and/or brush cleanser from the center is reeeeeeeally hard without getting water up into the ferrule. I always keep the brush with the bristles facing downwards when I wash it, but still I have already ruined two brushes because water gets up in the ferrule and dissolves the glue, making all the bristles fall out. It's like the bristles suck water up into the ferrule even when I'm really careful and I have no idea how to properly clean this brush with out eventually ruining it.

Pros:
- Very soft
- Super dense
- Great for powder
- Great for liquid foundation
- Cheap

Cons:
- Sucks up a lot of product when used with liquid foundation
- Hard to clean (sucks up water into the ferrule making bristles come loose)

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is one of my favorite ELF brushes! Not only is it cheap, but it actually works really well! It can be used to apply foundation, powder foundation and powder, so it's very versatile. The brush is sturdy and packs the product in well. I've washed the brush multiple times and it hasn't shed or lost it's sturdiness at all! I've used this to apply both powder and foundation and they both apply beautifully and quite easily! I'd definitely buy this brush again if anything happened to it!

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I use this everyday to apply my powder foundation. I like to press the powder into my skin rather than buffing it because buffing seems to make my sometimes-dry skin flake. This is perfect for pressing powder in because of it's flat top. Great cost, great quality - I've had this brush for years and never seen it shed. Elf brushes are some of my favorites, I use them almost exclusively (with a few RT brushes thrown in the mix).

Popular Makeup Brushes