E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush

synthetic, cruelty-free hair

on 7/1/2015 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This has seriously changed my makeup routine for the better. My foundation application takes less time, uses less product and creates a more natural finish. I have two of these brushes and the one that I use most (going on 2+ years) has done quite a bit of shedding and the adhesive has begun to show. At $3 it doesn't hurt to replace it, I have and will repurchase!

on 7/1/2015 3:49:00 AM

Best liquid foundation brush with the best price.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This brush is called a powder brush but I didn't like it for powder. The brush is too blunt and dense for dusting powder so I tried it with liquid foundation and it is PERFECT! It is soft enough to buff and blend liquid foundation but also dense enough to deposit pigment for coverage. I've been using this brush with NARS Sheer Glow and I really like the finish I get with it. I also notice that after using it, not a lot of product sticks to the brush like with traditional foundation brushes. The brush itself feels soft and gentle. After using this brush for a month, I noticed no shedding. I think since using this, I've only seen one or two bristles fall out.

on 6/15/2015 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

HG foundation brush! Probably would make any foundation look smooth. I will never apply foundation with my fingers again. This makes my tricky foundation (Revlon CS) apply perfect and evenly!

on 6/13/2015 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is my favourite brush! I never leave home without it whenever I have makeup on. I don't usually review brushes, because I don't know much about what makes a good one, but this is really excellent. I wash it after every use, and there is no shedding at all. The bristles are densely packed, and the brush is overall, very soft. It feels like a dream sweeping it across your face. It gives me a very soft look when I use it on BB cream or liquid foundation. Apart from that, I really love how it picks up powders so easily, which makes setting a breeze.

on 5/20/2015 11:32:00 PM

This brush is a favorite of mine,it's so soft and doesn't shed like some more expensive brushes I've had. I use this for powder but it'd work to apply liquid foundation as well.I also own the retractable brush it works great with powder foundations.Elf brushes are high quality at a steal! The powder brush was $3 and retractable one $6..Love!!

on 5/20/2015 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Just look at the ratings and the number of review speaks for itself.

on 5/20/2015 10:15:00 PM

If you don't own this brush, you need to go out and get yourself this $3 brush.
The bristles on this brush are very soft and the brush itself is so densely packed so its great if you want some more coverage with your powder. This brush works great with all powders- mineral, pressed, you name it. I've had this brush for about 2 years now and I wash it about weekly and it looks like I bought it last month. Really says a lot about the quality of the brush, despite the price.

on 5/17/2015 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a low end brush that works like a high end brush.

I've had a lot of brushes through the years. After lots of washing and use, the only ones that are still with me years later are my M.A.C brushes, a Shiseido Foundation Brush, and this guy, which cost me $3.00. I haven't had any problems with shedding or the ferrule falling off the handle after washing -- typical of my experience with lower end brushes, and even a Sigma brush that I recently threw away.

I generally use this brush as my "Photoshop" brush, to sort of blend everything together after I've finished my makeup, or to set it my face with powder. But, I've also used it for more delicate tasks, like applying blush and bronzer. And, because of the sharp edge, I've also successfully contoured with this brush. However, more recently, I've been using this brush for the quick application of tinted moisturizer. I dot it on my face and the buff away with this brush for a flawless medium finish.

I don't have any other products from the Studio line, but if they're anything like this brush you're getting great value for the money. It is worth nothing that I had a blush brush from the E.L.F. Essential line ($1/brush) and that fell apart on me immediately, so the extra $2 for a Studio line brush seems to be worth it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought this for buffing on foundation. It works really nicely and I get a natural look with it. For some reason on my skin I get the same look whether I use my finger tips or this brush but I think that's a good thing. It really blends liquid products well! I've also used it for buffing on liquid highlighter and it was really nice for that too. It's made well and I can tell it will last for a long time!

Popular Makeup Brushes