E.L.F. Studio Powder Brush

Price: $

Price: $

synthetic, cruelty-free hair

on 5/20/2015 11:32:00 PM

This brush is a favorite of mine,it's so soft and doesn't shed like some more expensive brushes I've had. I use this for powder but it'd work to apply liquid foundation as well.I also own the retractable brush it works great with powder foundations.Elf brushes are high quality at a steal! The powder brush was $3 and retractable one $6..Love!!

on 5/20/2015 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Just look at the ratings and the number of review speaks for itself.

on 5/20/2015 10:15:00 PM

If you don't own this brush, you need to go out and get yourself this $3 brush.
The bristles on this brush are very soft and the brush itself is so densely packed so its great if you want some more coverage with your powder. This brush works great with all powders- mineral, pressed, you name it. I've had this brush for about 2 years now and I wash it about weekly and it looks like I bought it last month. Really says a lot about the quality of the brush, despite the price.

on 5/17/2015 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a low end brush that works like a high end brush.

I've had a lot of brushes through the years. After lots of washing and use, the only ones that are still with me years later are my M.A.C brushes, a Shiseido Foundation Brush, and this guy, which cost me $3.00. I haven't had any problems with shedding or the ferrule falling off the handle after washing -- typical of my experience with lower end brushes, and even a Sigma brush that I recently threw away.

I generally use this brush as my "Photoshop" brush, to sort of blend everything together after I've finished my makeup, or to set it my face with powder. But, I've also used it for more delicate tasks, like applying blush and bronzer. And, because of the sharp edge, I've also successfully contoured with this brush. However, more recently, I've been using this brush for the quick application of tinted moisturizer. I dot it on my face and the buff away with this brush for a flawless medium finish.

I don't have any other products from the Studio line, but if they're anything like this brush you're getting great value for the money. It is worth nothing that I had a blush brush from the E.L.F. Essential line ($1/brush) and that fell apart on me immediately, so the extra $2 for a Studio line brush seems to be worth it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought this for buffing on foundation. It works really nicely and I get a natural look with it. For some reason on my skin I get the same look whether I use my finger tips or this brush but I think that's a good thing. It really blends liquid products well! I've also used it for buffing on liquid highlighter and it was really nice for that too. It's made well and I can tell it will last for a long time!

on 5/9/2015 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

There's not much I can say here that hasn't been said before. I got this brush because I wanted something inexpensive to put in my cosmetics bag for my gym bag. I didn't want to get anything too expensive since my gym bag goes through a lot of wear and tear. This brush really surprised me not only in how soft it is, but also in how versatile it is. I've used this to apply blush, mineral foundation, finishing powder, compact powder...just to name a few things. My only complaint is that there is a minor amount of shedding, but I can put up with that for the price!

on 5/5/2015 4:33:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

basically the best brush hands-down for only $3! I would buy this same brush even if it was $15.

on 4/21/2015 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I read the reviews here about this brush and was hesitant to try it with liquid foundation. But i tried it and i was not disappointed!! Coverage is medium to full because there is no pproduct wasted. Very very i tried it with liquid foundation.

on 4/11/2015 6:32:00 PM

I've tried e.l.f.'s basic brushes and I was not impressed. However, this brush is wonderful. Actually, all of their studio brushes remind me of Ulta's Velvet It brushes, which go for a ridiculously high price.
Anyway, after applying my concealer with the flawless concealer blush, I blended it with this lovely brush and I got this awesome effect on my face. I did a little more blending after applying my loose powder, too. It just gives you this flawless look; like you're not wearing makeup. Even my fickle mother said that she couldn't really tell I was wearing makeup. For $3, how can you go wrong?!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS BRUSH. This is the only thing I will use to put on my liquid foundation (I even ditched my Clinique foundation brush and my Beauty Blender for this). To apply my foundation, I just dab on little dots all over my face with my fingers, then use this brush to "press" the foundation into my skin before buffing it out in circular motions. This technique gives me great natural-looking medium to full coverage without much effort at all. And, it DOESN'T shed all over my face like other flat-top brushes can tend to do. Also, did I mention how great of a deal this brush is?! $3 at Target! This is a must-have for everyone's kit.