August 20, 2014 | 934 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Powder Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by amberoliver2014

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a major makeup brush addict. I've spent tons of money on brushes and was in the market for a new brush, when my mom happened to mention that E.L.F. had some pretty awesome brushes. So I stopped by their smallish section in my local Walmart to take a look. I was looking for a stippling brush, but wasn't willing to pay big bucks for it if I didn't like it. I found this one in the display and even though it said powder brush, I decided to use it as a foundation brush instead. I figured nothing was lost if I spent the $1 on it and I didn't like it.

I now use this brush everyday! I put a little foundation on the back of my hand, tap this brush into it, then apply my foundation in soft circles all over my face. The coverage is amazing! And I use a lot less product that I was using with the flat foundation brushes (which I now use for primer and concealer). I've washed this brush multiple times since purchasing it and I haven't had a problem with shedding or with it losing shape. About the only downside is since I use it for foundation it's a bit harder to get clean, but I can live with that.

Overall, I adore this brush, and I own several other E.L.F. brushes that I also adore. If anyone around here asks me what brushes I use I always tell them E.L.F.! They're amazing brushes for anyone just starting out with makeup brushes or for those of us more advanced. Just always remember to use the brushes the way you want to, and don't worry about the "correct" way to use them.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Chubilovesyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! I've actually have 2 of them, this is how much I love them! I can put my foundation with this and my face powder! Been with if for years now and no problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

ive bought three of these little babies and for the price, you can not beat it! VERY awesome quality and its only 3 mother lovin dollars!! its dense but not extremely dense, soft and durable. the only reason i have three is because i like to rotate as they start to become dirty and then i clean them! if you havent tried this brush go out and buy it. its only 3 bucks and it blends foundation seamlesly and beautifully

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I can't believe this brush has a 4.7 lippy rating! I think it's total crap. When I first bought this brush it was really stiff and scratchy but I hoped it would be better after I washed it. Nope. I've used this brush several times, and washed it several times as well, but it hasn't softened up at all. It sheds a ton, it's so rough textured it's almost uncomfortable to use. To add insult to injury the ferrule has already fallen off the handle. I think the quality of this brush is just terrible and it wasn't even worth the $3 I paid for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 2:38:00 AM More reviews by angelajj74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is THE best powder brush I have ever used! So much quality... it feels and looks like a very expensive brush. The bristles are nice and dense and feel amazing on my face. Absolutely NO SHEDDING with this brush. I have had mine for two years and it still looks, feels and performs fabulously!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought one of these and received another in the E.L.F. Brush kit that I bought and it is a great brush! I am impressed with the quality of the studio brushes. I have every brush they make and also some of the regular line (white-handled brushes) which aren't as nice as the studio brushes. I have had very little shedding from this brush (two hairs right when I bought it and none since) and I have washed it repeatedly and it has maintained its shape and texture. This is a great brush for loose powder and blending out powder foundations. It is a large brush and is substantial-feeling in your hands. I kept the plastic shield that came with it to help keep the bristles from getting frayed in the makeup artist brush apron I have and it hasn't gotten messed up yet, I have had it for two years now! It is soft but not so soft that it is ineffective. I would recommend these brushes to anyone who wants good quality brushes for cheap! I got mine for $3 from the ELF website and had a coupon for the makeup artist kit so I ended up getting a second one for about $1.50 in the big kit with the discounts. I use one for myself and the other I keep for my makeup clients and it was definitely a worthwhile purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 6:08:00 AM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this brush!! i own 3, so amazing for foundation i havent had any shedding problems throught washing or anything. such a great brush for only 3$. im on a budget so i cant afford the beloved F80 sigma, so for me this is great and has multipurpose. definetly check out. will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Love this brush. I use this for powder foundations as well as liquid. However, I do not like it for setting powder. Great brush. The only issue I have ever had was that sometimes I get a dud, which is smaller and deformed. Other than that I will continue to purchase this over and over again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by LittleGypsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this brush. It's soft, the bristles are dense, and it's a great quality powder brush for only $3. It applies my powder foundation well, it looks beautiful and natural when applied by this brush. I'm so glad I decided to pick this up before purchasing a more expensive one. If you're looking for a new powder brush, or you're on a budget, than the E.L.F. Studio Powder brush is the way to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by chilipepper12390

Awesome brush, soft, applies product nicely, excellent price, and I've had it for a while and it hasn't lost a ton of hairs or gotten gross looking. Win for sure!