August 21, 2014 | 1549 users online

Lips - Cover Girl - Lipslicks- Hint of Bronze

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

This is gonna date me because I remember when this same packaging and formula --- looking identical to what it is today --- was manufactured by Coty, the cosmetic brand I grew up watching Mom apply! I first became acquainted with this product as a CoverGirl brand in junior high, and "Bronze Goddess" has been my lip bronzer of choice since. Don't let the dark orange color in the tube fool you. It's a bronzy, copper not-too-bright shade that will complement warm skin tones of all types. This is the lip tint I like to wear most in the summer and fall and because its sheer and moisturizing it can be applied under and over other lipsticks without damaging the lasting power of a lipstick the way a lip gloss can. Now for the bad news: While this shade in the distinctive yellow tube is not discontinued it has been joined by a bunch of pink/red/plum tones in recent years and most retailers that I see simply don't stock the "Bronze Goddess" shade anymore. Walgreen's is one exception I've found in my area to still stock this shade. Get it while you can find it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2011 12:22:00 AM More reviews by vaigai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was the first "lipstick" I ever bought (in grade 9 - 11 years ago) and I was only allowed to wear it since it wasn't a "real lipstick", but sheer. This stuff is AWESOME. I'm not a big fan of covergirl products and have owned tons of lipglosses/stains/balms since, but lipslicks provides just the right amount of sheer colour and sparkle, goes on super smooth, and can be layered to add more colour. You get a lot of product for the price, it lasts long and hint of bronze is a super flattering colour on darker-skinned ladies. This is my go-to summer lip product!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2011 7:50:00 AM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the tint of these Cover Girl lipslicks. I love the color too. The darker the better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2009 8:31:00 PM More reviews by summerteeth1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this - it is great for the "not too made up" look (which, for me, is all the time). Plus, I can reapply it easily without a mirror at my desk at work. I was kind of surprised how nice it looked against my pasty pale skin. And you really can't go wrong for the price - plus, I seem to see this product for BOGO often.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2009 4:48:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nice playful sheer sheer red brown color...great w/ redhair...creamy on the lips with a hint of shine

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2005 5:52:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

What a great find! It's the perfect glossy sheer bronze lipstick that looks almost like a lipgloss. Similar to Chanel's Aqualuminiere formula, actually. But only a few bucks! And it looks beyond sexy with a tan face.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2005 4:01:00 PM More reviews by morganzo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this color. I don't love the smell/taste, however, which is too bad. Has that icky lipsticky smell. But the color is lovely- gives a "just bitten" look, IMO. Nice hint of shimmer, too. Doesn't last very long, and the tube is a little long and bulky for tactful reapplication in public, but I think the great color makes up for it for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2004 2:26:00 PM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Actually, I think the packaging isn't anything special--but, mine hasn't broke or chipped and I've been carrying it to work everyday in my purse. Product seems to work very well, especially for a drugstore brand. Seems Cover Girl has revamped their products for the better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2003 11:03:00 PM More reviews by peeblo

This is a nice, natural (sheer) bronze gloss from the drugstore. It's not going to get raves from me for two reasons; it REALLY disappears fast - yes gloss goes away quickly but I have some that last much much longer than this- and two, the tube is so cheap it practically cracked the first day I had it in my purse.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2003 5:09:00 PM More reviews by laurilauri

nice neutral/bronze color. perfect for the beach. just a hint of bronze with a little bit of shimmer. can't beat the price either!