Almay Pure Blends Eye Shadow- Lavender

4.1

on 4/27/2015 11:02:00 AM

For a supper fair gal like me. This is a good color for smokey eyes. It is also goes on nicely. No raccoon eyes for me!

on 4/19/2011 2:05:00 PM

Really good color for brown eyes. I LOVE it!

on 12/30/2010 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

very nice subtle color.. great for a sheer look.

on 5/25/2010 7:05:00 PM

I like this eye shadow because it brings out my eyes and has a nice subtle color to it. It does not fade through out the day and is easy to apply. Also, it does not irritate my eyes at all. I will continue to buy this brand of eye shadow for a long time to come.

on 9/28/2009 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is a silvery lavender with not a lot of pigment. I apply it with a brush over my eye area, adding more color on the lid. I dull the shine by brushing on translucent pressed powder.

on 8/11/2009 5:42:00 PM

I don't know why this got so many great reviews! Yuck! I didn't like this eyeshadow at all!! I thought it would go on as a pretty lavender color but it barely showed up. Even when I piled it on my eyelid, the color was just a subtle wash of silver. I didn't pay for silver, I paid for lavender! This is going right back to the store.

on 7/21/2009 2:14:00 PM

I got four of these shadows when they first came out. Walmart had them in buy one get one free packaging. This is by far my favorite color. Love it! It's a wonderful shade of lavender. I am warmer toned, brunette with gray eyes and light skin with yellow undertones, and I couldn't believe this worked on me. It could be more pigmented, but if I put a primer under it first, I get more intense coloring. This has been my go-to shadow lately. It looks good with most things I wear. Without a primer, it creases on me, but not as quickly as most shadows do. Any shadow creases on me, no matter how crease-proof they claim to be. I would definitely repurchase this.

on 5/4/2009 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very soft. However very low pigmantation.

on 4/17/2009 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have been looking for a lavender like this since I started wearing eye shadow. I love purple eyeshadows but it's one of those colors that's either hit or miss. I imagine this would work well on any eye color and every skin tone and still be completely flattering. The lavender isn't the typical light purple candy colored version that no one can pull off. You know the ones I mean...they're either too pink, too blue, or as pastel as an Easter candy.

But finally...a truly natural shade of lavender. Nuetral and leaning towards mushroom colored. This is like a smokey lavender. There's a beautiful shimmer but no sparkle. None of that odd iridescent "moonstone" effect that many light colored shadows have. It does have enough pigment to wear alone but I love wearing it with grey shadow in the crease and grey eyeliner. I'm impressed with the quality. It lasts all day and goes on smoothly with a great color payoff, and the texture is so silky.

The minimal packaging is just fine with me, and I love that it has a lot of natural ingredients too.

on 4/14/2009 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE IT!! I got this one free with a translucent shimmer powder. It is light yet pretty pigmented and comes on nice and smooth! I also bought apricot and ivory. They all look amazing together!

Top Rated Almay Products