October 24, 2014 | 1739 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Relief- SOS Lip Care

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is by far my favorite lip balm for dry, chapped lips or just to use every night before bed to keep the lips well cared for. It's very hydrating without being overly shiny so men can use this as well. It seems to last forever as you use so little of it and there is a good amount of it. It's cheap as dirt and I swear is even better than Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 which has a "cult" following and has had for quite some many years. It comes in a convenient tube w/cap and the applicator is slanted for ease of application. I've a friend who was in Germany this past winter and he told me he must have seen 50 men and women pulling this out of their pockets/purses and applying it in the steets, on the piublic transports and in stores, just everywhere. It seems to be a staple for most everyone in Germany. Highly Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

picked this up on a whim at the Dollar Store and i've just grown to adore it. i've been a nightime Carmex (in the pot only) user since i was 14, but i have to say that after another fourteen years, i've finally found something i like better for overnight lip conditioning. this comes in a little tube with a screw on lid, tastes oddly sweet, and is kind of opaque white in color, but once you smooth it onto your lips it really goes to work softening and hydrating them. i usually put a thick layer on while i'm in bed reading, let that one soak in completely, and then right before i turn the lights out i add another thick layer and let it just sit there without mashing my lips together to encourage it to soak in. the point being, i want to leave a heavy coat of it on there overnight to protect my lips from the dry, parching Pacific Northwestern air. when i wake up in the morning, i can still feel remnants of the product on my lips, and i head into the bathroom where i exfoliate my lips with some warm water and an exfoliating glove to get rid of all the flakies. after that, i'm left with super smooth, soft, plump lips that are completely transformed from the dry lips i went to bed with. great product, great price (one dollar!), and i'd be willing to pay more if i could only find it at a regular grocery store or Walgreen's type store. if you see this at the Dollar Store, definitely pick up a tube and try it out, you won't be disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 1:12:00 AM More reviews by igimmeMAKEUP

great hydrater for your dried out lips. when my lips need moisture, I simply apply this stuff and well, the taste is yucky but with continuous use, it's amazing. your lips become so smooth, it's awesome.
love it for major hydration :) and only a buckkkkkkk!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by PARA_NOIR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this product. I would call it a lip cream - it's not really a balm or a gloss. It's almost like a lotion. I picked this up at Dollar Tree for a buck.
It healed my dry, flaky winter chapped lips in two days! The smell is not that bad. It's kind of lemon-ish. It's bearable.
I would buy this again - in fact I already have, I just bought 3 backups today! Stock up on these if you see them at your dollar store or drugstore.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by beachgirl1210

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I saw this product at the dollar store and was looking for chap stick. When I came across this I figured I should try it since it is a name-brand. I really like the packaging--it reminds me of a tube of lip gloss. I didn't like the taste---but that's not the reason I bought it anyways. I bought it because I wanted to relieve my chapped lips and I felt like it did just that...nothing more. I gave this 3 lippies because it did what I wanted it to do, but nothing more. I recommend it, however I would not buy it again because I would rather have something more soothing on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by violetrunner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I keep this in my makeup drawer and apply when I get out of the shower, while I'm doing my makeup in the morning. I feel like it is "lotion for my lips" more than a balm that I'd use if I had chapped lips - I like more minty or menthol products for that, like Chapstick Medicated or Burts Bees. Anyway, for what it is (to me) it does a good job - nice consistency, no offensive smell, good packaging and seems to really
"sink in" and moisturize for me. I still need to apply lip balms once I get out into the freezing cold weather, but if I lost this tube I'd probably get another one. Also, as far as the taste - I never buy lip products that taste like anything, because I think it encourages you to lick your lips, which of course just dries them out and makes up apply more product! Just my two cents.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

this lips treatment is white and doesn't go on translucent you can still kinda see the white tint and it gets kinda chunky after a while of wearing it. And the taste is NASTY, dont lick your lips if your wearing this. But i do have to say that is does hydrate the my lips but i just not a fan of this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by laurxrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was a waste of two dollars and fifty cents. This does nothing for my lips. I knew I should have stuck to my rose salve and aquaphor. This just coats my lips in a whitish lotion like substance. It doesnt really moisturize. I have to scrub it off along with a layer of skin the next morning. My lips do not feel any softer, smoother, less chapped etc. This is a pointless product IMO.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by PixiesMama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's true, it tastes horrible. I can't ever seem to get past that, so I can't comment too much about the actual properties of the balm itself. I've been using it on my daughter's lip, where she has a bit of a sore and it works well for that purpose. I prefer their Kiss of Moisture in the light blue tube; stocked up today at CVS for $.99/each!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh, wow. This is definitely my new HG lip-care-product. It's inexpensive, moisturizing, lasts a long time on my lips, and definitely offers great relief; especially if you leave it on overnight. It's amazing. A bit of a lotion-y smell, as others have said, but it goes away within seconds of applying it. Plumps up my lips with moisture and it feels so, so good. I can't get enough of it. For under $5, this is the best lip-care 'gloss' I've ever owned. Will definitely repurchase.