November 28, 2014 | 1825 users online

Shampoo - Clairol - Herbal Essences- Hydralicious Reconditioning shampoo

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this. I picked this up while on the hunt for a good color safe shampoo that wasn't a fortune, since those never prove better for me. I picked up the Color Me Happy which I also like and grabbed this too.

I am not the type to wash my hair often, since it's dry, so I need a shampoo that cleans it well without killing it. The sufate free ones seemed to not be 'cleaning' my hair well enough. This is nice and gentle and though I always have tons of color run off, my color has been lasting pretty well. I haven't noticed a difference between this and the more expensive sulfate free shampoos in terms of color lasting length.

I don't think it's all about hype with this packaging either, I actually think it helps. My hair feels nice. No shampoo is going to make my hair super soft and amazing, much of it is just my chemistry (I have that dry, course, frizzy hair) in addition with the bleaching and dying I do, but just feeling nice and clean and not stripped dry is pretty good in my book, espeically at about $3.

I saw a few reviews about an itchy scalp with this one and I thought at first maybe it did, but on trying it more I don't think it's any more than normal. Maybe less now that I have a decent shampoo that's clearing buildup instead of leaving it. I also loose tons of hair every time I shampoo but I can't attribute it to this, that's just my normal. I'd buy this again easily.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by kayliexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought this shampoo on sale without even reading the ingredients. All Herbal Essences shampoos contain DOUBLE sulfates (lauryl and laureth), even the one for coloured and damaged hair! and they're the first ingredient after water. I used this about 4 or 5 times, and happened to have a hair appointment. My hair dresser informed me that we couldn't bleach my roots that day due to the condition of my scalp. It was bright pink, flaky and had little red dots all over it. I had noticed that it was a little itchier than usual but didn't think much of it. I do however use Clairol Shimmer Lights, which does contain the double sulfates as this one does, but after using this, I try to limit my use to once every couple weeks. The matching conditioner to this was ok, but nothing special. I am now using Marc Anthony Oil of Morrocco sulfate free shampoo, and my scalp and hair thank me. Next I plan on trying the "Organix" brand. Some people can handle sulfates better than others, so this may be great for some people, but I will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by LillyMash

This shampoo/conditioner made my hair feel like straw after just 1 use. I have thin hair and its usually always soft silky and smooth. I'll be throwing this out and never buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by emathy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this shampoo (& conditioner)!

Price:
Very reasonable (I got it on sale but the regular price wasn't too bad either.)

Packaging:
Not bad, not great. I do like that I can very clearly see how much product is left because of the clear bottle.

Product:
Note: My hair is coarse, dense, tightly coily (4a/mini-corkscrew curls), high elasticity, and **loooow porosity**

The fact my hair is low-po (resists absorbing/releasing water) makes a *lot* of typical curly "wisdom" not apply to me (e.g. co-washing isn't so hot for me & acidic products in particular = bad news). Shampoos are a-okay for me as I need to avoid build-up (as long as the ingredient list isn't just a bunch of sulfates and practically no moisture)!

This shampoo seems to have an excellent blend of the right polymers/silicones (copolymer; polyquaternium) and natural moisturizers/softeners (shea butter; hydrolyzed algae extract) for me at least. The sulfates & citric acid appear to be very gentle, as scrubbing my scalp with this product and rinsing it through my hair simply leaves my hair feeling clean, healthy, and *moisturized* (!!!) in its "natural" state. It primes my hair really well for any conditioner really, though I haven't yet found one better than its partner.

YMMV people (know your hair type!!!) but I will hazard the suggestion that the ingredient list looks great for *most* of us. Other reviews seem to bear this out. ^_^

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by suzanneb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was probably too busy looking at the swirls on this shampoo because I didn't read that it has sodium lauryl sulfate, I can stand laureth but lauryl is really bad for my hair and it also has als, so, I washed and the roots were quite squeaky clean and dry, my hair has a lot of shine right now due to all those power cleaning sulfates but other than that feels pretty dry, used the argan mask afterwards and had a lot of tangles even with it.
I tried this again and it worked pretty well, hair came out very soft and not dried out at all, no squeaky clean feeling either, I have less damage than the first time I tried it so maybe that's why it worked so well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by dotgirl101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I love this shampoo! I have very thick hair that is cut in layers, and therefore it's REALLY poofy and frizzy. I've been flat ironing it at least four times a week, and I was starting to worry that this was damaging my hair. I was browsing the isles at Wal-Mart one day, and decided to give this a try. I'm glad I did! It's thick, and I feel like it really conditions my hair. I use Herbal Essence's "Hello Hydration" conditioner after using this, and I love how soft my hair feels afterwards.
Definitely recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by kayteecakes

Cleans my hair well without feeling dry or still dirty. I also use the matching conditioner which doesn't weigh my fine hair down. Together they provided needed moisture and leave my hair smooth, soft, and shiny. Also, they smell amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by newgenhippie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this. My relaxed hair needs lots of moisture. This cleans it and doesnt strip it of moisture. It also smells really good.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by jenwood83

This product does nothing special for my hair. The shampoo cleans, the conditioner gets rid of tangles, but it definitely does not live up to the name of "Hydralicious." I'll finish using what I have, but won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by PeacefulDream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a great shampoo! My hair feels very soft after using it :) I also really like the smell, smells divine!