Clairol Herbal Essences- Hydralicious Reconditioning shampoo

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Ammonium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Chloride, Laureth-4, Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Hydrolyzed Algae Extract, Cocamide MEA, Fragrance, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-10, Disodium EDTA, Polyquaternium-6, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Red 33, Blue 1.

on 7/3/2015 10:31:00 PM

Ok the smell of this reminds me of middle school, summer, and track season. I love this smell! The shampoo is great because I have dry frizzy hair and this tames it lol.... But one time when I used this, my scalp got itchy and irritated and I threw it away. But it the past I never had this problem! I think it must have been something else that was causing that. Anyway, I love anything that smells good and is moisturizing, so 4 lippies for this!

on 11/22/2014 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I like this. I picked this up while on the hunt for a good color safe shampoo that wasn't a fortune, since those never prove better for me. I picked up the Color Me Happy which I also like and grabbed this too.

I am not the type to wash my hair often, since it's dry, so I need a shampoo that cleans it well without killing it. The sufate free ones seemed to not be 'cleaning' my hair well enough. This is nice and gentle and though I always have tons of color run off, my color has been lasting pretty well. I haven't noticed a difference between this and the more expensive sulfate free shampoos in terms of color lasting length.

I don't think it's all about hype with this packaging either, I actually think it helps. My hair feels nice. No shampoo is going to make my hair super soft and amazing, much of it is just my chemistry (I have that dry, course, frizzy hair) in addition with the bleaching and dying I do, but just feeling nice and clean and not stripped dry is pretty good in my book, especially at about $3.

I saw a few reviews about an itchy scalp with this one and I'm still unsure. I kind of always itch so it's hard to tell. Maybe it is making it more so since I was using sulfate free for so long, but I'd rather clear buildup instead of leaving it. I also loose tons of hair every time I shampoo but I can't attribute it to this, that's just my normal. Still, my hair feels so much better I def take this over the other ones I was using before. I'd buy this again easily. I would obviously advise against getting this for people who have sensitive or dry scalps though.

I actually think I like this more than the color me happy.

Update: I did like this, but I stopped and used my sulfate free one again and my hair instantly felt better. I think I should switch around more often, but using soaps on my dry, color treated hair too often makes it more brittle. I did notice I had build up with this or basically any shampoo and while more color seemed to run out with the sulfate free one, it wasn't by much. I don't know if I'll get his again, I may stick to suave professionals which are a little less stripping.

on 3/11/2014 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Bought this shampoo on sale without even reading the ingredients. All Herbal Essences shampoos contain DOUBLE sulfates (lauryl and laureth), even the one for coloured and damaged hair! and they're the first ingredient after water. I used this about 4 or 5 times, and happened to have a hair appointment. My hair dresser informed me that we couldn't bleach my roots that day due to the condition of my scalp. It was bright pink, flaky and had little red dots all over it. I had noticed that it was a little itchier than usual but didn't think much of it. I do however use Clairol Shimmer Lights, which does contain the double sulfates as this one does, but after using this, I try to limit my use to once every couple weeks. The matching conditioner to this was ok, but nothing special. I am now using Marc Anthony Oil of Morrocco sulfate free shampoo, and my scalp and hair thank me. Next I plan on trying the "Organix" brand. Some people can handle sulfates better than others, so this may be great for some people, but I will not be repurchasing.

on 1/14/2014 2:53:00 PM

This shampoo/conditioner made my hair feel like straw after just 1 use. I have thin hair and its usually always soft silky and smooth. I'll be throwing this out and never buying it again.

on 5/1/2013 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Love this shampoo (& conditioner)!

Price:
Very reasonable (I got it on sale but the regular price wasn't too bad either.)

Packaging:
Not bad, not great. I do like that I can very clearly see how much product is left because of the clear bottle.

Product:
Note: My hair is coarse, dense, tightly coily (4a/mini-corkscrew curls), high elasticity, and **loooow porosity**

The fact my hair is low-po (resists absorbing/releasing water) makes a *lot* of typical curly "wisdom" not apply to me (e.g. co-washing isn't so hot for me & acidic products in particular = bad news). Shampoos are a-okay for me as I need to avoid build-up (as long as the ingredient list isn't just a bunch of sulfates and practically no moisture)!

This shampoo seems to have an excellent blend of the right polymers/silicones (copolymer; polyquaternium) and natural moisturizers/softeners (shea butter; hydrolyzed algae extract) for me at least. The sulfates & citric acid appear to be very gentle, as scrubbing my scalp with this product and rinsing it through my hair simply leaves my hair feeling clean, healthy, and *moisturized* (!!!) in its "natural" state. It primes my hair really well for any conditioner really, though I haven't yet found one better than its partner.

YMMV people (know your hair type!!!) but I will hazard the suggestion that the ingredient list looks great for *most* of us. Other reviews seem to bear this out. ^_^

on 3/27/2013 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I was probably too busy looking at the swirls on this shampoo because I didn't read that it has sodium lauryl sulfate, I can stand laureth but lauryl is really bad for my hair and it also has als, so, I washed and the roots were quite squeaky clean and dry, my hair has a lot of shine right now due to all those power cleaning sulfates but other than that feels pretty dry, used the argan mask afterwards and had a lot of tangles even with it.
I tried this again and it worked pretty well, hair came out very soft and not dried out at all, no squeaky clean feeling either, I have less damage than the first time I tried it so maybe that's why it worked so well.

on 2/13/2013 3:29:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I love this shampoo! I have very thick hair that is cut in layers, and therefore it's REALLY poofy and frizzy. I've been flat ironing it at least four times a week, and I was starting to worry that this was damaging my hair. I was browsing the isles at Wal-Mart one day, and decided to give this a try. I'm glad I did! It's thick, and I feel like it really conditions my hair. I use Herbal Essence's "Hello Hydration" conditioner after using this, and I love how soft my hair feels afterwards.
Definitely recommended!

on 8/29/2012 4:18:00 PM

Cleans my hair well without feeling dry or still dirty. I also use the matching conditioner which doesn't weigh my fine hair down. Together they provided needed moisture and leave my hair smooth, soft, and shiny. Also, they smell amazing!

on 8/7/2012 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I like this. My relaxed hair needs lots of moisture. This cleans it and doesnt strip it of moisture. It also smells really good.

on 7/3/2012 11:04:00 PM

This product does nothing special for my hair. The shampoo cleans, the conditioner gets rid of tangles, but it definitely does not live up to the name of "Hydralicious." I'll finish using what I have, but won't repurchase.