November 23, 2014 | 1903 users online

Palettes - Smashbox - Muse Artist Eye Palette

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by rain7608

I love this palette, although the eyeshadow is not as pigmented, I use a mixing medium to enhance the color, so I am actually doubling my color from this palette. Only cons to me is that it is so powdery when apply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by luxlover79

I'm very satisfied buying this palette! It's versatile, compact to carry along in ur bag, and the colors are so wearable. The pigment is buildable, pack it up if u need a more intense color. The colors are sheer but they appear on my lids, so it's not an issue for me. The brush is usable, not something u would throw away after. I got this for a less price coz It's an old collection from Smashbox. I like Smashbox when they're on sale price anyway. I only buy direct from store when it's foundation I'm buying,coz I really need to see the color & finish that suits me. Other than that I wouldn't spend full price for the rest. I would repurchase if I would finish this palette, which I don't see happening soon with all the makeup I have. But overall, this is something anyone should try instead of buying separate pots of eyeshadows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by lovely520

I fell in love with this palette when I first saw it online (on Ebay) and knew I *had* to have it. The colors themselves are beautiful. You get two shades of green, blue, purple, and brown, as well as a cream-colored highlighter shade and a coppery highlighter shade. This palette also comes with a decent brush. However, I'd only give this palette 4 stars instead of 5 because as many have mentioned before, the colors simply aren't that pigmented. The colors go on rather sheer and are on the subtle side. This palette is ideal for those who want to experiment with more colorful shades of eyeshadow without it looking too strong or those who want more of a natural makeup-look but I feel that it can be a bit too subtle for me. Also, by the end of the day, even with a primer, the eyeshadow is mostly faded. Beautiful shades--too bad it isn't more pigmented. The most pigmented shades, however, are the greens and the dark greenish-brown shade. These are my favorites of the bunch.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Got this for about ~$20 at beflurt.com. I've wanted it since it came out two years ago. I was actually checking out the new "In Bloom" palette for $48 this and remembered that this was the one I really wanted and I'm sooooo glad I got it. I'm not sure it's worth $48 like it cost back in 2009, but I mean for neutral colors that the UD naked palette didnt cover, this is ittttt!

I love the sheer wash of colors and have the options of layering and building up color. They need a primer for sure otherwise the color won't stay put.

Love this and would totally recommend it for the price it is lately!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 9:39:00 AM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice palette. I bought mine online at a good sale price. So I can't really complain that it's not my favorite palette because I paid practically nothing for it.
The colors and shades in this palette are very pretty. The brush is nice too (I like the whole wooden handle look) but the shadows are very sheer (you definitely need a primer if you want to see the color in the pan on your eyes) and powdery as in when grabbing some color you make a huge mess in the pan so imagine the fall out. So you pretty much have to build little by little just not to have shadow dust everywhere.. I would buy this palette again (just not at full price) because it's not a bad palette it's just not a super vibrant palette.. With a little patience and a good primer you're eyes will be good to go...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2010 7:22:00 PM More reviews by mighttango

I got this via BeFlurt.com for $19.49! I like softer colors & this was perfect for me to try! The colors have a bit of shimmer, not over the top. The package is a sturdy cardboard. The shadow brush that comes with it is ok. I was really happy with the way BeFlurt packaged & mailed this to me crosscountry - it arrived in one piece, undamaged!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2010 4:39:00 AM More reviews by GoddessLaura

The 10 shadows that come in this palette are of great quality. They are silky smooth and blend really well. However, they fade quickly on my eye unless I wear a primer.

The color selection is great. I really enjoy pairing the bright colors on my eyelid with the neutral colors in the crease. There is only one color light enough to be a highlight. I really wish there was one more highlight color.

The packaging is okay. In general I hate paper/cardboard based packaging, so that bugs me. But its nice that they included a great large mirror. The brush that comes with this is okay. Too large to go into my makeup bag so it stays at home.

While I might not buy this exact palette again, I would recommend it to others.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

These are nice, high quality shadows, but I think the colours are very uninspiring. This would be heavenly for someone who likes a more subdued, neutral look. Personally, I would love to see a similar palette with more unique/fun/interesting colours. I think the included brush is ok considering it just comes with the palette, but it's not really an amazing brush in its own right.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got the best deal on this palette. I bought it on Smashbox's Curtain Call online for $24!!! So that's $2.40 apiece for each shadow. Also, since it was Let's Do Lunch, I got a bonus Double Ended lipgloss and a nice mascara sample with "Pretty Points"!

This palette was well worth it's price. It has 10 lovely, soft shades of shadow, as stated by other reviewers, a light and dark of each shade. The colors are a taupe with a more golden shade, blues, purples, greens and browns. I have worn every one,so far, except green. I find these shadows to be well made, go on smoothly, have good pigmentation and last with a good primer under them. The packaging is cardboard, which isn't the greatest, but there is a very nice eyeshadow brush included which is a huge plus for application, and there is a huge mirror in the lid, if you would need it. Also, the pans of color are very generous.

I haven't been a huge fan of Smashbox, but since I bought this palette I have bought another "set" @ ULTA of their products and find that they give very good value for the price of their product.

One lippie off for packaging and wouldn' t buy the product again because it was LE.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Moniker19

I fell in love with this palette quite a while ago. You get 10 great shades for $50 and they include a really good eye brush in a pretty decent size. Especially great are the two blue and the blue violet shades. I absolutely adore that Smashbox gives you five light and five dark shades in the same hue. I like to put a darker colour on my lower lid and a light colour on my top lid to create contrast. The shades are silky and smooth and go on easily. And it's been said, but the value is great! I don't really have anything bad to say about this palette. I very much like the packaging, I think it's really creative and smart to package this as if it was a paint palette. Well, maybe there is one drawback, the palette is too big to fit into my medium sized cosmetics bags, so I usually have to leave it at home. I'm the kind of woman that loves to take her make-up with her. Otherwise a really fantastic eye palette at a great value!