December 20, 2014 | 1778 users online

Skincare - Face - Caudalie - Gentle Buffing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Synonimous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is by far the loveliest facial scrub I have ever tried (other notable buys include the one by Avene and Clinique Turnaround). It is, like the name suggests, very gentle but still effective. It leaves the skin positively glowing and moisturised. One tube lasted me well over a year, so I consider it a very good (and, let's face it, a not very expensive) investment and will and have repurchased over and over. I just hope they don't discontinue this or change the formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I say least about the stuff I most love, so here goes.

I cannot live without this product. It's heartbreakingly expensive at SG$43 for 60ml but I let this be one of my few splurges. It buffs away the skin, takes away only what shouldn't be on the surface. It's great for both oily and dry skin (mine is dry) and leaves your skin feeling soft and clean for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Jsirois

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of my favorite exfoliators. It took me a couple of times to get used to the fact it was so gentle.. at first I doubted the exfoliating power. But I quickly realized it works very well, and my skin feels great after using it. Smells like many Caudalie products, but a little too sweet for my taste: it is the only negative thing I would say about this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Kourki13

This is my HG manual exfoliator! I have dry skin that flakes easily. Even with AHA and BHA exfoliation, I'll get flakey patches that have only gotten worse during my phase of experimenting with sunscreens and tinted moisturizers. This scrub is very gentle but very effective. The round jojoba beads never irritate my skin, even when it's somewhat raw from peeling, while getting rid of all the flakes. The moisturizing base is really great at preventing irritation during scrubbing and protecting my skin once I've removed all the scrubbing beads. The only downside is that it's a little hard to wash off, but I've started just wiping of the beads, which saves me the step of moisturizing since the base is so nice.

I feel like there's no way to hurt myself with this stuff, no matter how much I rub, which is great since I'm a newbie to physical scrubs and the last one I tried (St. Ives Sensitive Scrub) scratched up my face so bad it took days of intense moisturizing to heal. It's expensive, but it's worth it since you only need a tiny amount and I think the bottle will last me for years.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by aurymalek

My skin is pretty dry and flaky around my nose and cheeks and ever since using this product along with the hydrating creme I have not had that problem. I use it once or twice a week in the shower. It seems to help my makeup adhere to my face better as well. It does not cause breakouts to my acne prone skin or any irritation because it is very gentle. It also seems to make my skin tone more even and have a better glow because it really does exfoliate well without irritating. I would recommend this product to people with combo skin who's skin is easily irritated. It is a thousand times better than that St. Ives crap!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by bluemymind99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The directions say to use this scrub after you wash with a cleanser, but I switched it up. The product consists of miniscule beads suspended in an opaque white cream, and said cream would NOT rinse off. Even a washcloth wasn't doing the trick, hence I needed to use my face wash after exfoliating, not before. Used this way, it did a good job of exfoliating, getting rid of the flaky skin that plagues my nose without scratching.

The packaging is a mess. The graphic on the bottle is pretty, and I appreciate that it's not housed in a jar like so many scrubs are, but something about it attracts crazy mold. The whole cap area is persistently grimy, so I was always nervous about the product touching the mold (which I could never keep at bay for very long) and then going on my face. Ew.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 1:37:00 AM More reviews by dev161

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

More a 4.5. Love this exfoliant/scrub/cream. Initially thought it wouldn't work well because it's more creamy with only a slight bit of grain, seemed too gentle, but it definitely does the trick. After using it my skin was noticeably softer, smoother, with an all over even skin tone and really nice clean glow. Also seemed to subtly tighten up pores.
I've used it 4 times now. Same good results every time.
My skin is pretty dry and this doesn't make it any drier. My skin is also sensitive to so many things and my skin handles this really well - no redness, bumps or any irritation at all.
Use it about once a week, on slightly damp skin (wash face, pat dry, then use a bit of the buffing cream). I've tried exfoliants that took forever to rinse completely off, while you do need to rinse well/scrub, in comparison this rinses off pretty easily/quickly.
On the costly side, but a little really does go a long way.
Because the overall formula is so great I wish they could put in just a few more granules to give a deeper exfoliation but it has been giving really nice results - so happy I found it and thankful to Caudalie for making it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2010 9:11:00 AM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Caudalie makes excellent quality products and this is no exception. I have sensitive normal/dry skin, and I know the importance of exfoliating to preserve skin's natural glow and smoothness. However, traditional scrubs often feel too harsh on my skin, and this is why I prefer gommage formulas that are perfect for ladies like me.
This can be used either on dry skin or on damp skin (I much prefer the latter), exfoliates gently without drying out your skin, and can be used every 4/5 days, while with regular scrubs I have to wait 7-10 days and often get breakouts because they remove too many layers of skin. I'm in LOVE!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by pretty_wannabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was too creamy and gentle for my skin. It did not exfoliate much and if I didnít wash my face super good, it tends to clog my nose pore badly. Maybe this is good for a person who has small pore but not me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 1:03:00 PM More reviews by NikkiM225

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received a deluxe sized sample if this when I purchaed some items on Sephora's website. While I did not like using it on my face (it's too moisturizing for my very oily face), I love using it as a scrub for my neck and chest! It's extremely gentle and leaves my skin feeling super soft. Try a pea sized amount on your neck & chest when you're in the shower. It's a bit pricey, but I use it about once every few months and it's lasted for well over a year. I have since bought another tube and will continue to buy it.