September 21, 2014 | 2089 users online

Lip Gloss - Smashbox - Rapture Lipgloss Collection

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Robin628

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked up this collection on eBay about 2 years ago. I really wish they would re-release several of these colors. The set I received was in a tin with 8 or 10 mini sized glosses. I liked all the colors in this collection except one or two that were pretty, just not great on me. Like Tinkerchelle below, my absolute favorite color in this kit (and perhaps of all time) is the Smashbox Lip Enhancing Sheer color in Lovely Lips which unfortunately, was a limited edition color. It is should be part of the permanent line. It is the perfect "my lips but better" color and I think would be flattering on just about anyone. It is a very sheer peachy pink color with subtle gold shimmer. Other standouts in this collection can still be found in the permanent line and on eBay from time to time - Expose (peachy-nude slight shimmer), Stunning (strawberry shimmer), Ravishing (shimmery brown), Radiant (shimmery brownish plum), Spark (raspberry shimmer), Siren (sheer red shimmer), Scoop (shimmering coral pink), Crystal (clear).

I recently found a good dupe for Lovely in Revlon's Colorburst Lipgloss in Peony. Pretty darn close - Peony has slightly more color payoff and no taste/smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Tinkerchelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really liked all of these colors. Some I will certainly use more than others, but all are six are actually pretty flattering. I don't mind that they are a little sheer, as I usually wear gloss over lipstick anyway. One thing that irritates me, as it always does, is the LE factor. It never, ever fails that the shade I fall completely in love with is limited edition. In this set of glosses it's 'lovely', the pink-with-gold-shimmer shade, that I can no longer live without. This is the perfect pink gloss and I feel like I've never found it's equivalent. Once this .12oz tube is done, I will be on the search agian. :( Sad. If anyone knows of a dupe for this shade, I'd love to hear about it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 1:28:00 AM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this set of six lip glosses which I purchased from ebay for $18 (including S&H). I really like the consistency and look of these lip glosses for they are neither too thick/chunky nor too shimmery. However, I do wish there was more color payoff because the color in the tube is barely detectable on the lips.

As with all lip glosses, they don't last more than a few hours (but what lip product does), I am very happy with my purchase of these lip glosses but I would not repurchase them for I would rather have lip glosses that are more pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Philosophreak

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I won't lie... I was a skeptic, because in general I'm not very impressed by the many other Smashbox products I have tried in the past. In this case, however, I am very pleasantly surprised! I have been thoroughly satisfied with this set since I purchased it last month. Sorry to disagree with the last reviewer, but for me each color is very true to the way it looks in the tube... not light and washed out the way most glosses look upon application. The consistency is great - thick but not sticky, and the staying power is decent, a few hours or so (I just don't think anything will last longer than MAC's Lipglasses). No color is too garish, they are all quite complimentary - and I can say that, as a fair-skinned redhead! I think that for the price, which breaks down to $4.88 per gloss, this set is excellent. Great addition to any makeup arsenal.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2008 3:04:00 PM More reviews by booda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pros: 6 glosses at a great price (retail $29); nice vanilla scent (most of my Smashbox glosses are unscented).

Cons: In the box, it appears to be a colorful spectrum of colors, but these glosses have almost no pigment. Very sheer, shimmery glosses & would work well over lipstick.. but what's the point of getting the entire set?